How is it physically possible to be this goddamn pretentious?

How is it physically possible to be this goddamn pretentious?

>DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

What a fucking pleb, needs to stop listening to Sup Forumscore.

>doesn't recognize the artists
>gets their knowledge of music offended
>Y-YOURE PRETENTIOUS

pathetic

gee i don't know op, why don't you tell me?

imagine being as pathetic as op

Sup Forums is fucking dead tonight what gives

you're not all out partying on a saturday night, are you?

You know he put that there out of spite, too. Like he's so above the common rabble, he wouldn't deign to properly acknowledge a respected and widely renowned classic like that. It's definitely not as good as his health food store-tier world music.

I agree. You are.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is a really amazing artist.

grow up

Grow up and... what...? Start earning those obscurity points so I can show off to people on an anime board? You're part of the problem, bud.

You're the most pathetic shitposter I've ever seen.

is it so unbelievable that someone is able to enjoy music that you've never heard of? is it so unbelievable that people are able to branch out and listen to music not posted on Sup Forums? what is even your gripe? that someone enjoys music that is obscure? the fact that you think the only reason someone would post that would be to posture their music knowledge says a lot about your own insecurity.

again, grow up.

Aw, look. He's calling me a shitposter so he can reconcile himself with all the truth I'm saying and he can continue to spout his culturally toxic beliefs. :)

I can't believe you people are defending him. I am entirely throw. Whatever faint hope I may have had for this board was just obliterated. You can't defend this mindless practice of just chasing down obscurity. You simply can't

OP have you never had a social life?

Oh fuck off dickwad, I don't have to justify myself too you.

>You can't defend this mindless practice of just chasing down obscurity. You simply can't
Finding good obscure albums is fun

there, I defended it, what do I win?

>chasing down obscurity
there's literally nothing wrong with this

All the normies leave this website on weekend nights. This is what it would be like if all the normies left. I personally like it.

It's somewhat comforting knowing that everyone posting isn't doing much just like you.

>You know
no, in fact you don't

why don't you just look at Sup Forums posts in terms of how useful they can be to you, for finding music, differing viewpoints, entertainment, rather than in terms of a competition about who has the most righteous taste or something
in other words just forget about that guy, or guys like him, they have their own lives

>good obscure albums
lol

>there's literally nothing wrong with this
You're trying to defend a practice of reducing music to a fashion statement? Get off my board.

>rather than in terms of a competition about who has the most righteous taste or something
That's exactly what I'm trying to do. This asshole is posturing and throwing his hipster cred around and we need to create an environment of zero tolerance for that shit. Get back to people who enjoy music for its own sake, not because they're insecure little dorks who need to make their e-peen bigger.

I am stunned and appalled that you guys are defending this man. It's kind of ruined my night, actually. Look at his top ten again. Look at it! Are you serious!?

>lol
holy fucking shit dude
you type like a redditor

>reddit
A prospect that becomes more appealing with each passing thread

>good obscure albums
>lol
what the fuck does that even mean? Do you think only popular albums are good? Post your chart dude.

>foreign music
>pretentious

Americans are fucking stupid

Listen OP I'm sort of with you in that I think that dude is trying a little too hard, but who's trying harder, him, or you ?

You screencapped it and made a whole new post just to blog about how much you dislike that anonymous hipster, but what was the point?
All you had to do was ignore the post like most others and it would go away with the other dust of the internet, but you couldn't do that huh?

You're either under 18 or have an astounding amount of self-importance so fuck off back to /r/music

then don't waste my time with your allergy to unfamiliar music
the hugbox is waiting for you, the narwhal bacons at midnight!

How old are you OP?

Don't lie.

>Do you think only popular albums are good?
I think only good albums become popular, yes. If any of the shit (save for his spiteful ninth place) were any good do you think we'd have heard about them just now?

>Post your chart dude.
Why bother. You've already got "lol mucore" loaded into the chamber because you guys have some vendetta against any moderately well known and critically acclaimed album.

>but you couldn't do that huh?
No, because that communicates to him that his "music-as-fashion" bullshit is tolerated.

My allergy is with bad music. It being unfamiliar is a side effect.

>If any of the shit (save for his spiteful ninth place) were any good do you think we'd have heard about them just now?
No because albums don't get popular by being good, they get popular by being good and very accessible. Also music is inherently subjective, so making good or bad anything other than personal preference is just retarded.

Do you really think that anything that doesn't achieve popularity is simply not getting popular because it's not good?

>No, because that communicates to him that his "music-as-fashion" bullshit is tolerated.
You're such a fucking child dude one day you're going to grow up and understand it doesn't matter what other people like. It just doesn't fucking matter if I'm listening to Avril Lavigne or some classical composer you never heard of.

It just doesn't matter. And you expressing how mad it makes you also doesn't fucking matter so if you don't like a post hide or ignore it and if you don't like a thread don't go into it.

I think you're misdiagnosing this, I think Steve Roach is sorta popular in that tacky 80s/90s new age ambient pure moods scene. pretentious makes it seem like this is insincere, but this seems to me like it's just sincerely bad taste.

jesus fucking wept
this is a dumbfoundingly idiotic philosophy

>telling angry Sup Forums posters that it doesn't matter if people like things they don't like
good luck man, I'm rooting for you

Let's face it guys. Music's only good if it's in the top 40.

The real irony here is that if you listened to those albums you'd probably like them. Stop clinging so hard to your image, if you truly liked music you wouldn't be using this teenager-esque dichotomy.

Uh... well...

The thread was about good 1996 albums. I posted my ten favourites. I didn't mean anything by it. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad or like their opinion wasn't valid.

The only statement I thought I was making with that list was "These are my favourite 1996 albums"

I certainly didn't mean for this to happen.

I'm sorry?

ur cool user dont worry, op is a fag once again

>I think only good albums become popular
Then I suppose that Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" is one of the shining highlights of music history, right? It was popular.

The thing is that even if he's lying or trying too hard or w/e, how much does it really matter? Most posts here are quite meaningless in terms of being substantial anyway. That user bullshitting, or even a troll shitposting, only ever really becomes a problem if it comes in the way of some actual discussion. But listing shit is just that, listing stuff. Not having actual discussions.

I did say it was bad taste but that's just my dumb opinion and I think it'd be totally fair if you said the same about mine. even if we don't share the same taste, it still seems sincere so that's cool.

he doesn't know it because you're still too insecure to post it

you mean my top albums of 1996?

1. Stevie Wonder / Brian May / Rachel Portman - The Adventures of Pinocchio
2. Nick Glennie-Smith, Hans Zimmer & Harry Gregson-Williams - The Rock
3. Koji Kondo - Super Mario 64 Original Sound Track
4. Various Artists - A Very Brady Sequel
5. James Newton Howard - ER
6. Michael Kamen - Mr. Holland's Opus
7. Robin Beanland - Killer Instinct Gold Cuts
8. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
9. Trevor Rabin - The Glimmer Man
10. Craig Safan - Mr. Wrong

you're a fucking autist holy shit

I don't think he's the OP. Some guy made a post where he said my taste was rubbish but sincere.

>he hasn't heard Stever Roach or Masada
Filthy normie.

soundtracks are music performing at their highest potential because they have to support something outside of themselves. dj shadow understood this, that's why he included movie samples so that's why it was good (but not as good as mr hollands opus)

>too well known
>REEEEEEEEEEEE normie

>too popular on Sup Forums
>hurrrr drone

>little bit obscure because the person explored
HOLY SHIT YOU TRYHARD POSEUR AUTIST

just like fashion, taste in music and other media, the way you interact with the world is part of and governed by your identity, your ego, your self-image, whatever and you just have to accept that. people care about how they look to others
just like you with your virtue signaling

The guy is probably a wanker but if he genuinely enjoys that music then what is the problem?

What is this thread?

how dare he, he probably didnt even listen to the offial Sup Forums approved albums of 1996.
doesnt he know we all have to like the same music.

faggot got triggered by an user in thread made earlier today
waited a few hours to make a thread on the topic

Did he not get the reception he wanted in the thread, huh? Thought he'd bring it to the attention of the whole board?