ITT: you give me legitimate reasons why this isn't the greatest album in recent memory

ITT: you give me legitimate reasons why this isn't the greatest album in recent memory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a6neQ-0Oc2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>recent
>15 years old

Kill me...this thing came out 15 years ago...

I can't

>we are closer to 2030 than we are to 2000

Just kill me now desu senpai

derivative caca. why listen to revival wankery when you can listen to the real thing which is far superior?

>Real thing
What do you mean by this

He obviously means Joy Division, which is not entirely wrong, but Interpol only copied the vocals and the general atmosphere of Joy Division. The difference is that they made actual songs.

Fuck, is this even real, i want to die

Say Hello to the Angels

How soon we forget the best pop album since Thriller.
youtube.com/watch?v=a6neQ-0Oc2I

Actually now that i've rid myself of the idea that interpol is supposed to be post punk I can actually enjoy this album a little bit more.
As indie rock it's quite enjoyable imo although I wouldn't say that I'm a fan.

What exactly is it you love about this album, OP? I've been trying to get into it and would like a little guidance. I like some of the songs but others aren't really clicking for me.

It's like an exaggerated Ian Curtis singing in replace of Siouxsie Sioux for the Bannshees.

Paul Banks sounds NOTHING like Ian Curtis, I hate trve post-punk wankers who didn't even get the memo that Interpol takes their guitar antics from The Chameleons and the overall atmosphere from The Sound.

This is not a bad thing..In fact, they deviated to o far from in later albums.

Smiths rip off of This Charming Man

I always thought the guitar rhythm was more Lust For Life desu

i mean i like teh album but never see why ppl think its some kind of masterpiece
far as recent post punk thought that last iceage album was much better. even if elias is ripping off early nick vave

cause 15 years is not recent memory
still an amazing album tho

If you are talking about joy division they are totally different, i have no idea why people compare the two except for the vocal delivery.

Such a superficial comparison