Essential plebfilters

Essential plebfilters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3shMD13Y2uU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what was his fucking problem?

who, franco?

No, OP.

more like normiefilter. Korine is a hack through and through.
not plebfilter, it's just shit.

>Korine is a hack through and through.
sure thing buddy
hes probably the only relevant "new" director usa has today

normies hated SB

When you call spring breakers plebfilter, you mean it outs pseudo-patricians as plebs when they say they like it right?
Cause only a pleb would be so easily dazzled by such a shallow statement on youth-culture, growing up and degeneracy mixed in with violence, girls in bikinis and drinking.

It's pretty much the plebbiest "art-film" made in the last decade

Hitchcock, Ophüls and Dreyer (Plebs don't like them)
Godard, Post-Rublev Tarkovsky and post-DoF Malick (Plebs like them)

*DoH

>hes probably the only relevant "new" director usa has today
he hasn't made a good movie since Mister Lonely.

Plebs love Hitchcock. Ophuls and Dreyer not so much.

ultraplebs love Hitchcock on a mistery/thriller level
plebs dislike Hitchcock because they don't understand his deeper themes
patricians understand Hitchcocks deeper themes

>it's shallow because i said it was

he made only 2 full length movies after that. And spring breakers is not bad at all. korine is just in a another mood these days

>it's deep cause i needed reddit to explain it to me

>le reddit argument

>it's shallow cause I didn't understand the movie
I swear, the modern audience has a fucking blind spot for anything socially related.
Same thing with Sicario, the whole political/social aspect of the movie went over most of the critics heads and it was just a "cool cop revenge movie for adults".

western culture is bound to fall

What's the deeper theme in Psycho?

google it, read books on the subject

>twin peaks thread
>people actually shit on fwwm

comparing spring breakers to sicario is like comparing idiocracy to citizen kane
Sure, they both attempt to make a commentary to society
But spring breakers, like idiocracy, does it in such a blatant, forced way with no subtlety or sophistication.

Liking spring breakers reminds me of all the nolan fans defending inception, who think that because it was such a mind-fuck for them, it's a great work of art cause god forbid they're just idiots easily impressed by shallow themes with the pretense of deep subtext
Where Nolan fans are blockbuster fans in denial, who are ashamed of being put in the same category as people that love the transformer films, Spring Breaker fans are exploitation fans in denial, ashamed of being put in the same category as people that enjoyed nude nuns with big guns

Oh ok I thought you were implying that you were a patrician

>Spring Breaker fans are exploitation fans in denial, ashamed of being put in the same category as people that enjoyed nude nuns with big guns
Damn
#wrekt

you have no idea what you're talking about. you just have such a rigid and shallow taste that disables you in liking anything that doesn't look normal. Spring breakers deals with a theme of shallow youth, so it seem shallow itself. It doesn't look upon from above its characters, it doesn't judge them, it is much more sincerer. Herzog does that in his movies, cassavetes also.

thanks for showing you're still a pure pleb user, lurk more.

GoT

this so much

Times 1000

>more sincerer
>so it seem shallow

l34rn 2 typ3 friendo

Was just about to post this

Shit, quirky Reddit-tier show that spawned a shit, quirky Reddit-tier "film".

Lynch's best film by far. People dislike it for only two reasons:
1. They have the attention span of a spoon and can't follow it.
2. It makes them uncomfortable and therefore must be bad.

>hurr stop criticising my favourite film
>it's really good and if you think otherwise your dumb
>i don't need to argue my case

Thanks for proving me right faggot

this

got is a pleb magnet not a pleb filter

nice argument faggot

you have to make your way to patriciandom yourself, bruv

>you have no idea what you're talking about. you just have such a rigid and shallow taste that disables you in liking anything that doesn't look normal. Interstellar deals with a theme of shallow love, so it seem shallow itself. It doesn't look upon from above its characters, it doesn't judge them, it is much more sincerer. Herzog does that in his movies, cassavetes also.
BRAVO

>that projecting

>i don't know what a plebfilter is

no, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are better.

can you fags post a movie/director that you think is good, please, I would love to have a laugh right now

Hi Ed, maybe stop being a pleb you cuban roach.

>lmao what do you like then?????? huh?????

>Lynch's best film by far
but that's not Lost Highway..

it's a fair question you retard. The fact that you're scared to give an answer just shows what an insecure little bitch you are.

When it comes to Lynch it's Wild At Heart if anything that's pleb filter and I admit I'm one.

>Lost Highway
>Good

>these are the people you argue with every day on Sup Forums

>>

you're right it's actually more of a pleb magnet

>stop insulting my favourite film!
>tell me your favourite film so I can insult it!

If you can't realise that a film's criticism stands on its own and needs no further context, then you need to grow the fuck up and Sup Forums probably isn't the site for you

If your only way to counter criticism is to say
>yeah well that guy likes film x so we can't take his opinion seriously
then you have the mind of literal retard and are attempting to use a logical fallacy to justify yourself
fuck off

ITT
>underaged plebs get butthurt when people tell them how shit spring breakers is

the pleb filter worked, i see.

but you didn't provide any valid criticism in the first place you deluded faggot! YOU were the first to mention other movies/directors like nolan for your crappy arguments you retarded fuck! I've stated why I think spring breakers is good, you still haven't said why it's bad, except for the fact that you think it's shallow, like a fucking movie needs to be deep in order to be good.

Just fuck off and die you little cunt and either acquire taste or learn to shut your mouth if you don't have the balls or the brains to defend your pleb taste.

fucking #REKT
>my fw this thread

>samefagging this hard
pathetic

go die you roach

>10 seconds in paint
How fucking new are you?

The movie was objectively bad m8. I appreciate what he was trying to accomplish but it was a mess. The screenplay and most of the acting was painfully atrocious. The actual directing wasn't even good either. The entire film just didn't come together. It's a great study in what could have been a great film but ultimately failed on almost every level.

the real answer

The 2nd half of the movie is some retarded women empowerment fantasy on such an impressive level of absurdity only a true sjw could enjoy it. Thanks for ousting yoursekf faggot, now kindly FUCK OFF to Reddit.

Okay I'll bite. What's wrong with FWWM?

Hey nik

whats a plebfilter?

>he says as he posts frances ha
I can't stop laughing
This is even funnier

Fantastic film. People say it's some half-assed critique, but to me it is a point taken to its extreme conclusion w/o any judgement, elegy of that kind of mindset. I love it, the dreamlike cinematography and directing, the elliptical rewinds of certain scenes and the bright colors and loud voices etc. are all so fucking on point.

Haven't seen, really. Afraid to watch it since I fear I'll be disappointed.

This is such a disappointing film. It really feels like a film troubled by production issues. I don't really dislike it but I don't like it that much. Laura scenes are great though and so are Kyle's.

Cheesy fun, different from rest of the series in a good way (unlike the second film which was utter garbage) youtube.com/watch?v=3shMD13Y2uU video related.

>Plebs
>liking modern Malick
Where do you live I want to live there, his work gets trashed by critics and average film hobbyists.

>Sicario
>Subtle or sophisticated.
Literally parades a common knowledge fact since the 80s as massive tweest and 'hard truth' with horrible writing and directing desu.

Malick finding himself not nearly as good as his modern work m8.

Really? I absolutely think Franco and Gomez sell it easy and hard.

nice blog post
upvoted

The second time I saw this in theatres was at this pretty cool little indie cinema. Anyways, there was this old man (looked pretty strong still, like ex-military type) that I couldn't help periodically looking over at due to this most disgusted look he had on his face the entire time. I was fucking howling inside.

This. The Master is PTA's attempt at outing poseurs by making something utterly disjointed that vaguely resembles a narrative feature just enough that it confuses them into praising it out of fear for being labelled a pleb.

An intentionally terrible movie carefully emulating a masterpiece. A true work of genius. Why do you think the plot of the film involves a cult leader who feigns insight and brilliance but is secretly full of shit? It's a metaphor for the film itself.

tl;dr if you think The Master is actually good you're a "pleb"

I get that Sup Forums loves this movie (I really like it too), but it isn't even close to his best film.

>but it isn't even close to his best film.
No, you are just a plebeian who isn't qualified to appreciate his most advanced works.

If it's not at least in your top 3 then you don't actually get Lynch, you may think you do, but you don't.

I like my art films cerebral, I don't like them to be shitty movies that pseuds consider to be endurance tests

>not liking Frances Ha
the pleb filter works it's magick yet again.

only parts of it are good and some even perhaps great, but they run the gimmick for too long (scarjo/celeb worship) to get the point across

You mean
>I want to look like I go to film, but really I only want to go to movies.

No truly significant work of cinema was ever made to be enjoyed.

I honestly prefer Eraserhead, Mulholland Dr, and TPFWWM. Lost Highway might be number 4, but it's only a solid 8/10 for me while those other three are 9s or 10s.

>liking any flicks by bummunch

never reply to me again you tasteless britbong

Inland Empire, FWWM and Lost Highway are the undisputable Lynch top 3.

>pseuds consider to be endurance tests
a plebs definition of plebfilter. patricians wouldn't see it as an 'endurance test' only a very enjoyable work of kino. endurance test is what a pleb would call the same experience. thusly being filtered from enjoying it.

>if you don't have the same taste as me you don't understand Lynch
lol What a sanctimonious piece of shit.

>plebs like nosthalgia
>plebs not liking shit like ivan's childhood
but i do agree that offret and solaris are shit, but nosthalgia is tark's best by far

>he actually believes he "gets Lynch", proven by merely ranking the man's films

nice pasta.

>got is a pleb magnet not a pleb filter
Just like everything else being posted itt

whats the problem, Sup Forums?

if you really liked it, you're a pleb
if you really disliked it, you're a pleb
if you appreciated the homages to some directors, and how different it is from any movie of the genre, but you still know it isn't anything espectacular, you're good

Most of my friends, and other people I've talked to, didn't like it. That's how I knew.

So what we've discovered thus far via this thread is that everyone posting in it is a pleb with utter rubbish taste.

the only real plebfilter itt so far.

The Twins are some of my all-time favorite horror characters. So based.

>High RT score
Obviously not a very effective pleb filter. Maybe it filters out the capeshitters but there are still many plebes who are able to enjoy The Witch.