Reminder we won't be talking about Grimes max 15 years from now

reminder we won't be talking about Grimes max 15 years from now

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/71193-grimes-sia-match-donations-to-groups-fighting-trumps-immigration-ban/
stereogum.com/1921971/grimes-is-matching-donations-to-cair-up-to-10000/news/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like 2 years

So you admit Sup Forums will probably talk and continue to be obsessed about her for another 15 years ;-) That's pretty impressive.

implying Sup Forums will still exist in 15 years and hiroyuki won't sell us all out

What artists from around this time will we still be talking about in 15 years?

Kanye
Death Grips, but they won't be anywhere near as prominent (I guess the same goes for AnCo as well)

that's still pretty good

This is not a particularly bold statement, we won't be talking about most of the shit that gets hyped 15 years from now.

More like 1 year.

Sup Forums has been completely obsessed with Grimes since Visions. That's 5 years of daily 100+ post threads. Even if her next album sucks she isn't going to be forgotten overnight. It took Sup Forums like 5 years to get over Alice Glass when she should've already been a distant memory by 2011

Fleet Foxes/Robin Pecknold

QOTSA

>no album for 6 years
>no one gave a shit

are you being ironic?

Radiohead

they'll have released their 24th lp, "We Don't Care Much For This Aspect of Society" by then I think

literally the Alanis Morisette of the 2010s

Is anyone outside of forum or tumblr people going to care about Grimes in 3 years? Buzz bands come and go all the time.

>no one gave a shit
Have you been living under a rock, you fucking retard?

wrong

tumblr already dropped her for Melanie martinez

Sup Forums still talked about Crystal Castles and they haven't been relevant in half a decade. Sup Forums just likes ugly women who sing synthpop they arent indicative of popularity at all. Gwimeth will be replaced once Urban Outfitters finds a new weird dressing girl artist to pump up and forgotten in the annals of time to everyone but you weirdos.

Sup Forums isn't obsessed with Grimes. It's just a bunch of autists with shitty taste in synth pop that spam her all over the place.

Grimes, if she manages to stay relevant for such a long time (maybe she will take notice how Bjork and Kate Bush managed to do that). So far, she did everything as it should.

there isn't a crystal castles general every day and a bunch of alice waifufags shitting up every other thread though
i don't think people care about her now except for her perceived indie relevance.... her biggest songs are still oblivion and genesis

You =/= whole Sup Forums. Period.

you need to be smacked in the jaw with a brick user

>implying strawpoll is trustable

Anyone can vote a lot of times by just changing their IPs.

Grimes' fans are easily the worst people on this board.

yeah but it was Annie who ended up having the most votes. fuck off grimesfag.

with a brick

Non-contrarian translation: 30+ more years of near continuous coverage of Grimes on /mu. Screencap this.

And shooting me will make no difference since I'm just the messenger.

if somebody shot you then discussion would end within the week. 2 weeks if you did it yourself

A lot of people. She has nearly 1 mil followers on Facebook and her popularity grows every day. Watch out when she's going to release her next album, the enthusiasm will be really high.

>being such a tumblr connoisseur

>Gwimeth will be replaced once Urban Outfitters finds a new weird dressing girl artist to pump up and forgotten in the annals of time to everyone but you weirdos.
No way. You can't replace the successor of Kate Bush (80s), Bjork (90s), Karin Dreijer (00s). She's that memorable.

>shitty taste in synth pop
Liking her music is a good taste in synthpop, dumbass. She's one of the best synthpop artists ever.

You need to shut the fuck up

>excuses

>Grimes' fans are easily the worst people on this board.
Yeah right, because they shut your mouth and you have no arguments.

Stop it. That poll was spoiled by that cheater, dipshit.

Sup Forums better get used to that. Resistance is futile.

you only get a reaction here by shitposting and starting a flamewar. nobody gives a shit about grimes on Sup Forums except for a small niche of aspies. she's not interesting or cool

anyone who votes regardless is a faggot

>she's not interesting or cool

>Yeah right, because they shut your mouth and you have no arguments.
Once, I was discussing with a Grimefag, I told him, "well, she's bad", he just posted that picture of "fans in denial". She sucks.

>Stop it. That poll was spoiled by that cheater, dipshit.
Björk also ended up with more votes than Grimes. So it doesn't matter.

>Grimefag
>expecting to be taken seriously

Change it for fan then, Grimefag.

>Björk also ended up with more votes than Grimes. So it doesn't matter.
If you look at that poll you'll see that the difference between Grimes and Bjork is by just one vote. The competition is really fierce, sometimes Grimes wins, sometimes Bjork wins. But the real popularity measurement is how often an artist is posted, and Grimes clearly wins no matter what the polls say.

>Grimefag
>implying the grime music fans are the same as the grimesfans
U dumb?

Why didn't you said that before "That poll was spoiled" then?
Anyway, Grimes wouldn't be remembered, she isn't as good as Björk or Kate Bush.

she has 23%

the remainder is not grimes. she doesn't win dick

>Anyway, Grimes wouldn't be remembered, she isn't as good as Björk or Kate Bush.
What is the proof of such controversial statement?

A winner is a winner regardless of percentages. You must be delusional to expect a clear victory considering how divided is Sup Forums.

shitposting isn't making your life any better

> What is the proof of such controversial statement?
What is your proof that she'll be remembered? She isn't relevant, she's only 'relevant' here on Sup Forums and another lost place of the Internet I guess. In fact, even if she was good, that doesn't mean anything to the history of music.

Kanye has been lobotomized. He won't put out anything new that's good anymore unless they release prerecorded songs

i told you she's not relevant on here at all, there's just this one amazing autist who think's they're better than this place but can't stop using it to blog about her. it's like busking on the internet

That's why I wrote 'relevant' insted of just relevant.

could have wrote 'important' instead

>that doesn't mean anything to the history of music.
Do you think any of the artists from the last 1000 years will be remembered 10000 years from now? Dude, this planet is over 4 billion years old. You need some perspective.

Speaking of the history of music in the next 100 years, Grimes will be remembered as one of the defining artists of this decade, in the same way Kate Bush and Bjork were. When people will ask who was the best art pop artist of '10s decade, the answer will be easy: Grimes. Do you know anyone else better than her?

>she's only 'relevant' here on Sup Forums and another lost place of the Internet I guess.
She's relevant in the music world, not just on these places. Lots of artists (The Avalanches, Elton John, Taylor Swift, David Byrne, Joanna Newsom, Gorillaz, Lorde, Haim, to name a few) appreciate her, most critics approve her music, she has lots of fans. Anything she does is immediately reported by the music press. That's relevancy. e.g. pitchfork.com/news/71193-grimes-sia-match-donations-to-groups-fighting-trumps-immigration-ban/

She's missing just one thing: commercial success. But considering her DIY approach that isn't a big problem.

>shitfork
>"music" "press"
PfffttHAHAHAHA

This

Most waifus get waifufagged for a year or two and then disappeared. Remember there were 50 threads daily about Lorde in late 2012 and in 2013 and now there are none

> Do you think any of the artists from the last 1000 years will be remembered 10000 years from now?
When did I said such a thing?
> Do you know anyone else better than her?
Not a lot, pop artists nowdays aren't as good as they used to be (inb4 "le wrong generation" yeah yeah, fuck off), but if you ask for "Art Pop", Julia Holter is better, St. Vincent is better, Björk is still better, Jenny Hval is better, and why are we even talking about Art Pop if Grimes isn't even Art Pop?

david byrne is the only respectable artist you listed and even he's been in some kind of artistic decline.

like this user saidjust because it's pitchfork doesn't mean it's fact or proof that grimes is good or has any talent at all. don't be a stupid drone that listens to music because fantano, pitchfork, christagu, etc gave it a good score. make up your own fucking opinion

Yeah... no. Grimes threads already existed when I first got here (it's what drew me here in the first place.) The blame (if any) goes on your own Sup Forumstant kind.

>having a probelm with pitchfork
What about Stereogum? stereogum.com/1921971/grimes-is-matching-donations-to-cair-up-to-10000/news/

>Remember there were 50 threads daily about Lorde in late 2012 and in 2013 and now there are none
Because she didn't release a new album for years. On the other hand Grimes is still very discussed despite the fact her last album was released in 2015.

>When did I said such a thing?
You didn't say that but you invoked music history. Music history means nothing in the grand scheme of things. You said
>In fact, even if she was good, that doesn't mean anything to the history of music.
Why did you say that? What was your point?

>Julia Holter is better, St. Vincent is better, Björk is still better, Jenny Hval is better,
Julia Holter is pleasant yet bland, St. Vincent and Bjork are about the same as Grimes (but Bjork's best work it's not from this decade) and Jenny Hval is complete trash.

>Grimefag
>expecting to be taken seriously
Fyi grime is a completely different thing, user.

nmh never released shit and they're still shitposting that

No one with half a brain about your silly little infinitely hackable internet polls, user.

>david byrne is the only respectable artist you listed and even he's been in some kind of artistic decline.
The only respectable to you. I'm talking about consensus here, not my or your personal opinions.

>just because it's pitchfork doesn't mean it's fact or proof that grimes is good or has any talent at all. don't be a stupid drone that listens to music because fantano, pitchfork, christagu, etc gave it a good score. make up your own fucking opinion
Good or bad are subjective. Let's be clear, I don't like her because P4K supported her. For instance I dislike many P4K approved artists (e.g. Kanye and AnCo). I like her because I find her music utterly enjoyable.

Do you even listen to other music except for Grimes? Do you even discuss other artists on Sup Forums or just stick to making grimes threads?

NMH is one a whole new meme level. Are you comparing the ultimate meme with a pop singer?

Yeah, I listen to a shitload of good music. I'm listening to Broadcast right now (Miles Davis is next).

>She isn't relevant,
LOL LOL LOL sometimes you people really crack me up with your (hopefully) feigned lack of self-awareness.

>Yeah, I listen to a shitload of good music. I'm listening to Broadcast right now (Miles Davis is next).

idk why this post made me kek