Full Details for Scream Factory’s ‘The Thing’ Collector’s Edition

>NEW 2K scan of the Inter-positive supervised and approved by director of photography Dean Cundey
>NEW 4.1 created from the original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo soundtrack
>NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Dean Cundey
>NEW The Men of Outpost 31 – interviews with Keith David, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney and more…
>NEW Assembling and Assimilation – an interview with editor Todd Ramsay
>NEW Behind the Chameleon – interviews with visual effects artists Peter Kuran and Susan Turner, special make-up effects artist Rob Burman and Brian Wade and more….
>NEW Sounds from the Cold – interviews with supervising sound editor David Lewis Yewdall and special sound effects designer Alan Howarth
>NEW Between the Lines – an interview with novelization author Alan Dean Foster
>Audio Commentary by director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
>John Carpenter’s The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – a documentary on the making of THE THING featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, special effects make-up designer Rob Bottin, legendary matte artist Albert Whitlock plus members of the cast and crew (80 min – SD)
>Outtakes (5 min – SD)
>Vintage featurettes from the electronic press kit featuring interviews with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell and Rob Bottin (12 min – SD)
>Vintage featurettes – The Making of a Chilling Tale and The Making of THE THING (1982 – 14 min – SD)
>Vintage Product Reel – contains a promotional condensed version of the film with additional footage not in the film (19 min – SD)
>Vintage Behind-the-Scenes footage (2 min – SD)
>Annotated Production Archive – Production Art and Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (48 min – SD)
>Network TV Broadcast version of THE THING (92 min – SD)
>Teaser Trailer & Theatrical Trailers
>TV spots & Radio Spots
>Still Gallery

horror-movies.ca/2016/06/full-details-scream-factorys-thing-collectors-edition/

Can't wait to download it from private trackers!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B48Yp00LitE
youtube.com/watch?v=sLprVF6d7Ug
amazon.com/The-Thing-Movie-Poster-24inx36in/dp/B009FR0716
moviepostershop.com/the-thing-movie-poster-1982
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look for the film this September 20, 2016.

TFW no 4K scan

>2K scan
dropped

>Deluxe will be shipped three weeks earlier than National Street date of September 20

Hope one of you Deluxe buyer posts the discs on private trackers.

How the fuck did they not do 4K for a movie like this? Are they saving it for a 4K version down the road?

none of you fags own a 4k display anyway

I'm getting a 4k projector as soon as it's affordable, though, to be entirely honest with you, family

He means the 4K scan, not a 4K remaster you retard. The negative should have been scanned at 2x the resolution.

I am retarded then desu senpai

terror takes shape is fuckin aweosme
youtube.com/watch?v=B48Yp00LitE

>35 mm
>2K
>IN 2016
>THE CURRENT YEAR

FUCKING WHY
35 mm converts to 4K perfectly

Scream Factory Jewing people out

Might just be that Scream Factory isn't allowed to do more than 2K scans because Universal will probably do their own 4K Remastered release and blow the fuck out of every other edition.

>that shitty cover
>not the poster version
GRRRR

The original slipcover comes with it.

They should release all the fucking deleted scenes already, there is a shit ton of them that never got released

ITT: People who fell for the 4K meme.

>he doesn't have nor can afford a 4K tv

poor widdle user

>NEW interviews NEW interviews NEW interviews NEW interviews NEW interviews NEW interviews
>Literally nothing new it's just in 2K

wow

I don't understand gibberish, sorry.

Oh right. Sorry, liberal arts major. Forgot you people are really dumb.

Unless you have a home cinema, there is literally no point in going 4K (unless you're going to sit ridiculously close to your TV). This is a well-known fact among people who actually know their shit.

>>Literally nothing new
What? Are you trying to say the new interviews aren't actually new?

What ARE you trying to say?

Wait until you buy a 1080p projector and realize how many artifacts you see in a normal sized living room.

4K is here to stay, and 8K will be next. This train is not stopping.

>4K is here to stay, and 8K will be next. This train is not stopping.

Well, yeah, but the train has less and less passengers.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. Blu-ray barely took off, even though there was more of a visible difference between DVD and BD than BD and 4K. The average consumer constitutes the majority of sales, and the average consumer doesn't really care about any of this shit. The train has stopped.

They said this about 1080p and now your granny has a 1080p.

There is no (insert res here) meme.

is it true

Why are so many poorfags denying that 4k will continue to grow?

Is the Scream Factory release of They Live woth getting?, i heard it has terrible DNR

Resolutions will keep getting higher and higher as the technology and consumer availability allows. 10 years from now, we will all have 4K TVs.

ordered it pretty much the second it became available. cant wait.

>Why are so many poorfags denying that 4k will continue to grow?

Because they didnt go to school or learn a trade so their dreams of their shitty 1080p monitor lasting them another 30 years are going down the drain when they can't afford to upgrade all their stuff.

I'm personally waiting for an affordable 70 inch+ 4K OLED before I dip into my bank account. Or a 4K projector. Whichever comes first.

all scream factory titles come with the original poster art

entitled millennial NEETs spotted.

I prefer to download Blurays, not buy them. Who wants disgusting plastic on their shelves?

>Who wants disgusting plastic on their shelves?

people who actually give enough of a fuck about cinema to support companies like scream factory and criterion

|
|>
|

>people who actually give enough of a fuck about cinema to support companies

So basically, homosexuals.

is he confirming he was never infected?

>replying to bait like a newfag
>keep replying to another bait like an newfag

You people just like wasting time

It's not bait though. I don't buy Blurays. I download them. 40GBs at a time if need be. I will download this Thing Bluray as well.

I love this movie so fucking much i'll be more than happy to pick it up.

>Only English Audio no Subs

You are a pirate!

This movie poster is fucking legendary.

Really wish i could get a huge version of it.

>Video Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
>Resolution: 1080p
>Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1

>Audio
>TBA

>Subtitles
>English SDH

>Discs
>Blu-ray Disc
>Two-disc set (2 BD-50)

>Packaging
>Slipcover in original pressing

>Playback
>Region A (B, C untested)

The Fuck? It has less of everything...

Don't they sell reproductions of that pretty much everywhere?

Looks ok

I'm only getting it because i fucking love this movie.

>2k

That's barely more than 1080p.

This is 8k, for those who can select that resolution in the menu (4320p):

youtube.com/watch?v=sLprVF6d7Ug

16k and 32k are a thing now.

>tfw can't post the webm because the resolution is too big

Suspiria & Phantasm have gotten new 4k scans recently really sucks that it'll take longer for The Thing to get the same treatment

>youtube.com/watch?v=sLprVF6d7Ug
>select 4320

BUFFERING

Its obviously a joke, "nope I wasnt the thing, you can trust me"

is synapses ever gonna release that 4k suspria? they announced it like a year ago and yet nothing has come.

Yeah, I've got a decent sized one above my desk.

dem extras

Apparently the negative is in pretty rough shape so it has become a much more complex restoration process I suppose.

Why would Universal license this film out and let Shout do such an extensive release if they plan their own? If you were being sarcastic I can't tell

Because there's only one Thing movie and you gotta stretch it out for another 30 years

Now you just need a frame.

What does this mean?

I have a 36x24 framed one, need to find something strong enough to hold it up though

But those are expensive :(

>not a 6k scan mastered down to 4k
Sure is 1999 in here.

I forgot the name of it but there is some documentary on netflix about the guy that painted the art for a bunch of famous movie posters like Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

The thing was mentioned in the movie and if I remember correctly John Carpenter called and said "its a spooky movie in antarctica with aliens" and the guy had nothing to go on but that and created the poster in one night.

You mean the guy from the movie The Mist?

kek

It took me a good 15 minutes to get that reference. Bravo sir.

Dan Struzan, user.

David Drayton

Sucks it isn't a 4k transfer but I don't own a 4k television so it doesn't bother me. Anyway, I'm gonna buy it for the new interviews.

What?

That looks like a quality reprint. Where did you buy it?

amazon.com/The-Thing-Movie-Poster-24inx36in/dp/B009FR0716 (24"x36")
moviepostershop.com/the-thing-movie-poster-1982 (11"x17")

Good thing I have a home cinema then (I'm not a NEET).

faggot

>people flaming over resolution

God this board is more shit than Sup Forums congratulations.