Tfw you move past the generally accepted classics and develop your own taste

>tfw you move past the generally accepted classics and develop your own taste

>tfw you move past the liberal lie that individuality is more important that truth and begin to enjoy music that is objectively superior

the classics are always great to go back to tho

>he lets others choose his music taste

>tfw you think you're starting to develop your own taste and then you find it on an older mu-core chart

>not being an individualist
>being a literal cuckold to other people's opinions

>Being cucked by the identity of the self as individual

Sup Forumscore classics are required listening for anybody though, nothing to do with your personal taste

good for you, dude

>required listening for anybody though
No they aren't. One can approach dedicated music listening in a large variety of other ways than just looking at a wide variety of heavily praised western LPs released in just the last 50 years. And that's the largest problem with the insecurity centered around taste. It's based off of the albums one can see on a chart of al things.

This.

everytime

no, they're just the albums that get memed here a lot
if you go by that logic then shit like Grimes and Death Grips are good

there are literally thousands of albums on Sup Forums charts

like seriously there are hundreds of genre specific essentials charts (that are largely just taken from rym lists anyway) with like 50+ albums each

'mu only listens to 10 albums' is a myth, the amount of music promoted by this site is ridiculously far-reaching and if your taste is more obscure than that the L I T E R A L only thing that means is that you've spent a lot of time sat in your room on your own. congrats.

literally and unironically this

>tfw try to have original taste but can't help feeling like a tryhard contrarian

what's wrong with spending all my time in my room listening to music
I don't give a shit if I look like a try hard or a contrarian, I just genuinely love music and I am constantly consuming it and looking for new music to find.

>what's wrong with spending all my time in my room listening to music
Nothing. It's a non-argument he used to convince himself that he's doing something useful or right in his life.

Holy shit I've always thought this. People say things like "lol at people who've never evolved past the essentials charts" and I'm like DUDE do you how much fucking music is on those charts?i still haven't even listen to every single album on the most current Sup Forums essentials chart because there's a like a million albums to go through. I have school, an internship, and a girlfriend to take care of. I don't have every waking moment to look for obscure shit.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with spending time in your room listening to music, but wearing it as a badge of honour is equally moronic

i'm glad you like music user. but this thread is dumb and embarrassing

sounds like OP is enlightened by his own intelligence

I'm not op though
I also don't brag about it because that's fucking gay, I don't even have a last.fm or a rym
I just like music but when I talk about it people call me contrived or a hipster contrarian faggot

> mfw I listen to some albums I found in a Top 50 chart with a lot of obscure albums and they're all shit/mediocre/meh

>he takes popularity or lack thereof into account when he listens to music

also this guy gets it

>tfw when you are so pretentious that you dont even listen to the classics and skip directly to underground shit because you want to brag about your superior taste

i did this but idk if it's about pretentiousness. too many classics bored me and so I went to look for meme shit to listen to

expand your vocabulary

>he doesn't take popularity into account
fucking retard

elaborate

ok

in what direction?

>

developing your own taste =/= listening to stuff too obscure for Sup Forums
It just means advancing past the general Sup Forums essentials chart and reaching into very specific genres rather than listening to a bit of everything.