Supposed to be a "film expert" but quotes nothing but pop culture

>Supposed to be a "film expert" but quotes nothing but pop culture

Was there anything from before 1980 in this man's repertoire of knowledge when it came to cinema?

The audience needs to get his references, so obviously they were from famous American movies.

My Dinner With Andre.

He's a fuggin terrerist

Oh right, that was actually pretty cool especially how the waiter mentioned how certain things the characters were wearing are wrong but I would've loved to have seen classic 30s and 40s movies parodies.

>1981

Which films could he have parodied before 1980? I guess Freaks would've been very easy to do,

He was just an autist who thought he was a film expert. He was meant to represent the average Sup Forums poster.

>autistic people think they are smart and carry themselves as such but are actually dumb as hell when you look passed the facade
deepest lore
sounds just like me

I miss pierce

he was truly the start of the show now that i'm rewatching everything to see what went wrong

>Apocalypse Now

Now gtfo

Not a film expert, just an assburger.

It's 2016. Why are you still discussing this shitshow

remember when this show was funny

no

no

no

Ye.. I mean no. Don't bully me guise

>supposed to be a "film expert"
except he is supposed to be autist who is meta about pop culture

Pierce, Troy and Annie are the top three characters.

6th season

>Was there anything from before 1980 in this man's repertoire of knowledge when it came to cinema?

There's an entire episode based on him referencing The Sting.

Maybe

I remember potential.
I don't actually remember it getting to funny and not just getting worse.

The problem with the character of Abed is not that he references newer movies. That's done because the majority of the audience will know what he is referencing.

The real problem is that a simple character who's odd but confident who likes movies and provides a different perspective on the comedic school hijinks of the group becomes a sad, mentally handicapped broken record who the group feels sorry for constantly who forlornly spouts the same dialogue over and over. Although less complete, this sort of treatment happened to the rest of the characters also as the show stopped even trying to be funny and light and went into cringy dramatic bullshit soap opera mode for some reason.

That shit should have been put out of its misery.