New Netflix series

Will it be good?

youtu.be/XWxyRG_tckY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bqt9L4fIExA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yup

I'm a little hype after the trailer, i'll probably watch it.

i'm shocked this isn't a Stephen King adaptation

So its X-Files meats ET? Might be cool

i fuck i love shows about crazy shit happening in a small town. this looks greats

I know I totally got Stephen King meets Steven Spielberg vibes.

Looks comfy as fuck but why is this coming out in the middle of summer and not autumn?

Given the amount of kids in the cast, i'd say it's aimed at the young adult market, but would probably be watchable for adults too.

Plus it has that total summer adventure vibe.

I'm not. All his adaptations suck fucking dick. I bet he wishes he had Netflix and shit around when he sold his IPs away for a sack of drugs.

looks like 10/10.
Also, Winona Ryder is my waif.

Me too, they're strangely cozy for some reason.

>4 the of July party i'm attending
>Potentially starting new job soon
>Mr. Robot premiere July 13
>This show premiere July 15

July is going to be awesome

They had me at Netflix.

shill stop

This almost exactly the super 8 trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=bqt9L4fIExA

Stop bragging fuckface

This looks good.It seems like Ryder is hamming it up which is a good thing for the era they are trying to emulate.

>Twin Peaks but with ayyy lmaos
>Oven waifu
>general great spooks

I'm so in it's not even funny

Stop making me not want to watch this.

Hopefully they don't fuck it up so bad.

Looks like shit. Also they gave away way too much in the trailer.

What have you concluded from the trailer?

I heard Winona Ryder really steals the show

looks promising

How am I bragging

SHIEEEEEEEEEET

this looks amazing, thanks for the heads up bruv

*crickets*

Lmao rekt

>super 8

I was about to bring that up

>winona ryder
I'm in.
>conspiracy theory plots
>movie-tier photography and production values
I'm double in.
please don't suck

>spoonfeed me im retarded

are you blind? are you that dense? i dont care if you watch it or not. i just know i wont waste my time with some shitty abduction story that wants to be a small-town supernatural/spooky/conspiracy/jump-scare shitfest.

So it's Super 8?

I liked Super 8 but it's just Super 8, right?

Not an argument.

>Winona

Sold.

I actually only noticed the poster because Chris Sullivan tweeted it, and then found the trailer after doing a quick google search. I don't even subscribe to Netflix and I'm going to pirate the shit out of this on BtN when it drops.

and posting statements about what the trailer gives away WOULD be an argument? you really are a stupid one aren't you?

You're going to be defending your claim that the trailer revealed anything significant, which you still haven't done. Balls in your court.

So they didn't give away anything, you just don't like the setting and basic premise.

looks comfy

1. defending a claim isn't an argument
2. i never said i was going to defend anything. there is no argument.
3. i dont give a shit if you think the show is good or if the trailer was ambiguous and interesting. more power to you. i just know i wont be wasting my time with garbage because i dont have bad taste.

goodbye stupid. and maybe read a book so you can communicate with others before you watch the latest shit netflix puts out.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the gayest fags in the world.

middle of winter for Australia

80's AESTHETIC

Right, but no one cares about Australia. Speaking as a Canadafag.

Winona number 1 reason to watch.

Haven't heard of this, but I enjoy stories where kids stumble upon shit. I'll look forward to this

le i fucking le hate jewjew!

I hope it'll be dark. It looks a little wondrous for my tastes. I'd like if what was going on was seriously messed up and the kids have to deal with it and mature to survive.

Like in Buffy but turned up to 11 and less campy.

Bros I want to be spooked. I wanna feel paranoid in my own livingroom. Why does it seem like this turns into something not eerie?

Yeah I watched the trailer and was thinking, is this one of kings short stories? But nope. Just has a King vibe.

My point exactly. The beginning felt scary but then it immediately turned mysterious.

I expect the creature or whatever is going on will be big and magical but misunderstood.

Probably still a decent bildungsroman tho.
Predicted 6/10

This looks fucking great.

>Netflix Series
Probably going to be shit. Hope it surprises me.

this

I'm sort of impressed by that kid being ballsy enough to run to the shed to grab a rifle.

It's set in the 80's when kids weren't so sheltered yet.

It was the 80's a time before Stranger Danger and the PC crowd turned boys into pussies by the time they hit the teens. So I'm guessing they're going for accuracy.

marry

Sorry, but I'm an 80's child. From a time when we treated fags like the abominations that they were.

I'm so sorry you were bullied, user.

would've been funnier if you weren't a tripfag

At least we can be bullied together!

fuck off m/a/nchild

Rooney you 're such a cool trip

Hey, you gotta get bullied too or it isn't fair! IT'S NOT FAIR!

I'm printing this off and sticking it right on the fridge

She must of spent a lot of time on set with the child actors.

>that filename

must have*

Those posts are a diamond dozen.

This is about a government facility that does experiments on psychic children. The kid from the start encounters one who is trying to escape, and is taken by the scientists when they recapture the psychic child. The girl with the number on her wrist is another psychic (telekinetic, she flings that van) child who escapes.

Kind of want aliens, so disappointed if true.

Welp, time to fap again.

Look at the nod she does before the van gets flung, its pretty obvious shes a telekinetic. Shes also obviously running away from something, and all evidence points toward the big facility they show (kid in tank at 2:00, dude in labcoat at 2:06, facility at 2:11). The guys in the hazmat suits are the guys that recapture the escaped children.

Heres hoping for an alien reveal, even if it's the last episode. Would be fun if they were infiltrators or just using captured/stolen alien technology.

looks good nice to see winona ryder doing stuff

i got a strong ET vibe, but this sounds more plausible.

This. Fuck that frog-faced fuck too, I'm pretty sure he stole most of his best work because they don't share a writing style with each other nor any of his other work.

All his actual writing is the same fucking formula with a shitty awful ending because he gets paid per word. He used "drugs" as a convenient excuse.

And look where it got him. He got rapped by ayy's. If he only ran away all would be fine.

Plus it was a BB.

Some of his best work was from his booze n binge days.

Yeah back when he stole it. Cujo and The Shining do not share the same usage of vocabulary, the same style of building or characters, the same pacing style, nor do they bare any resemblance to each other whatsoever. This is the same through Carrie and The Deadzone and Christine and ect.

His real work that he didn't steal from people are shit like Dreamcratcher, Langoliers, Rosered, Desperation, Children of the Corn, Tommyknockers, Lawnmower man, ect.

They all share his actual writing style and stupid bullshit plotpoints. You cannot blame substance abuse on such wildly different styles, it doesn't turn you into another person and you don't forget how to write a book when you come down from a high.
Occam's razor he's just a fucking liar that stole stories to get famous.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of this. I really enjoyed Cujo and The Shining though.

Look at Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, it's one of the most obviously glaring works he has stolen. If he didn't plaster his name all over it then you wouldn't have ever been able to guess who wrote it.

Looks like pure """netflixkino""" (dogshit).

Will watch to beat off to Winona's granny tits.

gay AF brah

Is this a well-known industry fact or just a theory you have?

you actually believe that Stephen King stole stories from some unnamed source just because you read it in an anonymous. unsupported post on the internet?

you're beyond help

Fuck off, I just wanted to continue reading this guy's replies.

Do you have any basis for this at all?

there's more to a writer's style than just broad plot points. compare the narrator's voice in Shawshank Redemption to the some of the early passages in Tommyknockers and you'll see the same folksy, conversational writing style.

Finally, a new meme show to watch.

bro, you need to learn to use spoilers.

Do people ever systematically space out the episodes of these Netflix series' when they're released?

For what? He is describing the trailer which is posted in the OP.

>Occam's razor

is that a phrase meaning "tl;dr"?

and can't a writer write different stories?

this actually looks fucking good

I remember catching Stand by Me on tv after I hit puberty. At the scene where the protagonist kid looks at the deer as he was writing his diary, thinking what he thought, I remember thinking "this must be a Stephen King story".

bro
you need to learn to use these. Comprende compadre? Capiche paisano? Katalaves re paliopousta?

Is that Bran Stark?

damn dude, are you trying to win the most retarded faggot on earth award?