The thing about reboots isn't that they are per definition bad

The thing about reboots isn't that they are per definition bad..

It's all about what the creators think they can bring to the movie now, that they hadn't been able to or haven't done in the past.

A prime example is the reboot of Dredd;

>new narrative, new locations, enhanced with cgi for grander scale, new story, new characters, new design and theme and more serious ( no Rob Schneider ).

In contrast to the reboot of ghostbusters.

>same narrative, same setting, same theme, same characters, same everything. BUT WE WOMENZ NOW LOL.

It's about honoring the old film, with new concepts and ideas. And not trashing it by rehashing the same story for monetary or SJW reasons ( even though they're even more prejudiced now about stereotypes ).

Hollywood needs to get their fucking act together.

ok manbaby

LOL

>IT'S ABOUT MONEY

FULL STOP

You realize that incessantly talking about how much you don't like this new Ghostbusters movie is why it's gotten so much attention and pushed so hard into the spotlight right?

LOL

>IT'S GOING TO MAKE MONEY

not all publicity is good publicity..

bad reviews have DESTROYED films in the past.

It honestly would make less money if you didn't force it into the spotlight

These aren't reviews

dredd isnt a reboot retard

ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY

is the saying

You need to have people defending it to make it good publicity.

You think women movie goers is the minority?

Men know how to pirate.

Watch it break box office with moms going with their children. I want to say my wife's kids....

It's a stand alone DLC

Dread is a new adaptation, not a remake.

I cannot fucking wait for the influx of shit posts and bitch threads after this movie is released.

I think they're gonna learn they are catering to the minority with the box office sales.

Perhaps this is gonna be a wakeup call for studio execs, that just because SJW have a tumblr, doesn't it mean that they are sharing the opinions of the majority of the population.

it's the same reason my good man TRUMP is gonna stomp the election.

We didn't even see the reviews. And there's a high chance that the reviews will be positive, because the SJW don't want the film to suck. With the "publicity" that the other user mentioned, there's a good chance that it'll make some money.

fuck off

it's a remade not a reboot/remake/redux/r

your comment is as obsolete as your life.

Dredd is a remake of The Raid.

blatantly.

Dredd is not a reboot, 2000 AD is a comic series that never stopped running and it's just another interpretation and adaptation of the comic. Ghostbusters is a reboot on the other hand.

The only real difference is that The Raid:Redemption does everything that Judge Dredd does but far far better.

2 movies based on teh same material that don't follow eachother in style, in blockbuster movies is called reboot.

I don't know what defnition you're looking for but Ba

Another reason is that the first Judge Dredd sucked while the first Ghostbusters is great. Better to remake shit movies than already good ones.

IT'S
REEEEEEE
NOT
REEEEEEE
A
REEEEEEE
REEEEEEE
MAKE

don't fucking dare to compare cisbusters to Dredd

>In contrast to the reboot of ghostbusters.
>>same narrative, same setting, same theme, same characters, same everything. BUT WE WOMENZ NOW LOL.

how about we wait till we see the movie before saying these things

hur hur hur
Dredd copied The Raid
hur hur hur

This one will work! This one will buck
the trend!

Yeah. Obliquely.

Reboots aren't bad per say.

>A prime example is the reboot of Dredd;
The thing with thatis that its an adaptation of source material. Thats different than remaking the movie from the 90s.

Total recall is a good example. The recent remake wasnt adapting PKDs "We can remember it for you wholesale" its a remake of the verhoven movie.

Its an important distinction.

PULSE????

that movie was sick as fuck... I loved it, what the fuck? it was the 3 after that blew.

Total Recall was a story, not a reb

Not really. Everyone agrees "golly, this looks like shit" and fucking neo-liberal clickbait fucks twist it into a hate campaign.

the movie was in production already when the Raiud came out
wasnt it?

How about you slit your wrists and save your parents the shame of your existence, tumblrcuck

>litterally tumblr sack of shit

They came out within months of each other sooooooooo. The Raid isn't some huge project like Mad Max or Star Wars or Avengers. I highly doubt the Dredd people thought "hmmmm have you heard of The Raid movie coming out by Literally Who? Let's build a movie around that!"

It didn't reboot the franchise, the franchise never stopped.

Remember fantastique 4?It's the same shit all over again.

The Raid copied Hard Boiled

read that as

>The thing about robots isn't that they are per definition bad..

>wonder why pic of Dredd and Ghostbusters

just had a decade long pause, and they change the design of the main elements of the plot.

hardly. there was no one defending the F4 other then comic book fags... I guess.

Ghostbusters CLEARLY have a fan base supporting it.

It's obviously how you run a Negative Publicity scam. You don't just run your movie threw the mud, you make other people run teh critics threw the mud.

It worked for Mad Max.

>Watch it break box office with moms going with their children

Yeah sure in the same month:

>BFG
>Purge Sequel
>Tarzan
>Secret Life Of Pets
>Star Trek
>Ice Age sequel
>Bourne sequel
>Bad Moms
>Genius

All come out moms and kids are really going to flock to shitbusters.

You lames need to get real like Bernie Voters and join reality.

Dredd wasn't a reboot retard. It's a movie adaptation of the comic not a reboot of the shitty stallone movie idiot.