2pac, Biggie, Em, Jay Z and Nas are generally considered the top 5 rappers of all time. Discuss

2pac, Biggie, Em, Jay Z and Nas are generally considered the top 5 rappers of all time. Discuss.

That's ANDRE THREEK tho

Em just does NOT fit here, I'm sorry.

I won't say he hasn't had great albums but he still had (debatably) one of the WORST albums streaks in rap history.

first two would be irrelevant and forgotten were it not for their martyr status, third has released nothing but a string of mediocre albums, and the latter two have two masterpieces between the both of them but that's the full extent of it.

Top 5 means most popular, not necessarily best, which is subjective anyway. Eminem is one of the most successful rappers who ever lived, even if he made shit like My Name Is WHAA? My Name Is stupid ass garbage.

>Top 5 means most popular, not necessarily best,
Ohhhhhh. Okay then yeah I see why he's up there.

Eminem doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those other four.

>implying he doesn't have multiple masterpieces

You dropped your hat

[cough]

SSLP and MMLP2 belong here too

Well I liked those 2.

And even if they're bad/weak they're nowhere NEAR as bad as the 3 in pic-related.

kendrick, wayne, kanye are all far more popular than nas, lol

It goes like this boy.
1. Nas
2. Rakim
3. Biggie
4. Big L
5. Eminem
6. GZA
7. Pac(his flow wasn't that great)
8. Big Pun
9. Jay Z
10. Kendrick Lamar
Andre 3000, DOOM, Redman, Jadakiss and RZA could probably sneak in there too

You forgot Curtain Call.

I like but to say hes one of the best shows you don't shit about the rap genre and that you've only just barely scratched the surface on rap

Best Of's don't count (despite how bad Fack was)

Kendrick is easily gonna be top 5, just give him a couple more album releases. He's only ever released outstanding music.

Probably, but there's always a chance he'll release an Encore.

I'd say jay is #1 because he has a both critical and commercial success while staying somewhat relevant all his career
other rappers have too but not as long as jay

1. Nas
2. Kanye West
3. The Notorious B.I.G.
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Kendrick Lamar
6. Denzel Curry
7. 2Pac
8. Snow tha Product
9. Eminem
10. Big L
11. Rakim
12. DMX
13. Andre 3000
14. Nef the Pharaoh
15. Big Pun
16. Dr. Dre
17. AZ
18. Hopsin
19. Tech N9ne
20. Jay Z

This is objectively true.

maybe commercially
talent-wise IMO:

KRS-ONE
Rakim
Nas
Eminem
Mos Def

>Dr. Dre
>16

Good ones

>lupe
>kendrick
>denzel curry
>hopsin
>snow

I like you've got AZ on there, but you can tell this list was made by a millennial

I agree on the other ones but Kendrick belongs on this list

Big L is probably the most overrated rapper ever by the people who actually discover him

Yeah he's probably also the most underrated rapper ever and i'm sure you feel cool putting him so high on a list but the thought of him being >>> Andre 3k is just pathetic

>Someone would put Denzel Curry as 6

I don't think even the biggest Denzel Curry fan could even rationalize that.

>not being a millenial

>RZA
>as a rapper