What happened to Jazz, why did it become so shit after 1965?

What happened to Jazz, why did it become so shit after 1965?

You're smart, you tell me

But OP, Herbie Hancock made music well after that year

I guess mass media and commercialization

It didn't. What is your argument?

the dope game

>It didn't

The fusion era of the 80s 90s (Stern, Hugh etc.) While wonderful took on a sound that represented a modern breezy attitude while at the same time letting go of the repetition of standards. I think the ironic 90s lounge versions of Wonder wall demonstrates the dilemmas that continue today. What should be the new jazz language and whose songs are the best to be covered by the jazz artists of now?

>jazz became shit after 1965
>Posts a pic of Miles Davis
hmm ok den

It didn't.
Checkmate, Atheists.

His noteworthy albums are only in the standard jazz row and the experimental row. GJ Herbie.

>time passing at jazz speed

And all 3 of the experimental ones came after 65 so the point still stands.

Herbie doesn't count

How does he stay in time, then?

More like why did it take until 1969 for Jazz to become good.

>Herbie doesn't count
...Because....???

this guy killed it

>mass media and commercialization
Not at all.
The best Free Jazz, European Free Free Jazz, Free Improvisation, Electroacustic Improvisation and Onkyo came out after 1965 and they all score among the best Jazz albums of all time, if not of music as a whole.

>bringing free jazz into the debate

Well, it's a sub-genre of Jazz, after all.

>sub-genres
"these jam sessions were documented on a few occasions on a sortable disc recorder by jazz enthusiast Jerry Newman

What are you meming by this?

>You proved me wrong so your proof is the exception that proves me right

Holy shit you should actively eat a bullet

Smooth jazz happened which ruined jazz for everyone

>'In walked Bud', these two men set about writing compositions that could not be played by anybody else

that is dogshit

its all bloviating masturbation music

hardjazz was the beginning of the end when jazz guys stopped making music and turned it into a competition in the late 50s/early 60s

then you get fusion in the late 60s/early 70s that in addition to being more about dick measuring in how cool they are it got all insufferably intellectual

>hey are it got all insufferably intellectual

Because prog did jazz better than jazz ever could.

That's a good album.

Hey there purist! Is bebop also bad according to you? It's also played fast and it's technically complex.

Prof is the opposite of Jazz

how is it possible to be this pleb?

theres nothing to add to it, infinite development isnt possible

he doesnt actually listen to jazz, and only know of it through memes

The same reason swing died in the 50's

Pickups :o|

why this nigga look like every villain from Captain N morphed into one being tho

go to bed winston

labels didnt care about it, its easier to throw your money at one black musician than a whole band

modern Scandinavian Jazz and Third Stream is god tier. you have to be a massive pleb to think no good jazz has come out since the 60's.