ITT: Albums with perfect first halves but disappointing second halves

ITT: Albums with perfect first halves but disappointing second halves.

"no"

C'mon. Up until Seen and Not Seen, every track is perfect. Then Eno has to get his echo-laden fingers over everything.

I would just suggest that you are unable to appreciate atmosphere. Not every track has to be a visceral banger. It makes sense for the progression of the album to have the tracks go from fast and panicked to ethereal and hopeless.

Not necessarily disappointing but certainly lesser

I can appreciate atmosphere, I just don't think Eno's ambient approach really suits the album. That's just personal taste though.

guaranteed replies

kindly kys

Seen And Not Seen is great though.
The only less than fantastic track on Remain in Light is The Overload imo, but it's stilll good.

(adding to my own post) It took me a while before I started exploring the second side of Remain in Light. it's definitely not as instantly gratifying as the first half, so they stand in contrast with one another.

Yea I don't think Eno did all that much for Talking Heads. Their first album didn't have him and it might be their best.

Never listened to this. Is it good?

first half is good, second half sucks

go listen to it now

you won't be too dissapointed regardless of your taste

very good

Only the last two tracks are disappointing though.

I was about to post Moon and Antarctica

But Blast Doors and No Reptiles are best songs

>In Your Room
>Rush
>fucking Higher Love
You're full Of shit

most modest mouse albums really... except lonesome crowded west

its one of my favorite albums but the second half isnt just as good as the first

but Warm Healer is the best track?

I think the second half is better.

Also, no pic but Tricky's Pre-Millennium Tension. Recently revisited it and it's better than I remembered but man, 5 great songs in a row before Ghetto Youth drags it kicking and screaming into this sort of neurotic, drug-induced haze of fucking weird. Still cool, but not a scratch on those first 5 songs.