Why are they treating this as if it's even moderately close to winning a World Cup...

Why are they treating this as if it's even moderately close to winning a World Cup? It's literally a bunch of C squads with one or two players being exceptions.

I heard some Brazilian guy say they're hoping this is the end of what has been a 2 year tailspin for the national team. They're thinking that they can finally stop the bleeding and start building off this win. They know it isn't the WC but it's what they hope to be the start of a rebuild.

Because this is our first gold medal for mens football

t. a country who never won anything on footy.

Even this year's meme Copa is worth more than the olympics

Why don't they just let everyone play with their best players? It's the only way to be taken seriously if they care about prestige.

the euro club teams won't release the players for it, the Olympics happen right when their seasons are starting.

The gold medal helps the Brazilians to recover from the huelocaust

I would ask you this:

Would you trade this gold medal to make 7-1 never happen?

What if 7-1 turned into a 2-1 win?
What if 7-1 became just a 2-1 loss?

I'd trade it for both 2bh
7-1 was the saddest day of my life

>if they care about prestige

The Olympic soccer tournament has been completely pointless since the World Cup became a thing.

The only way they make it remotely interesting is by turning it into a futures tourney.

I don't think so. I know a couple of Brazilians. They were happy about the win and who it came against, but they hold no illusions that this is even close to a World Cup, nor does beating Germany's U23 team count for any measure of revenge.

7-1 will never go away. It is permanently part of Brazil's soccer identity.

The "Maracanzzo" made Brazil won in 58, 62 and 70.
Soon the world will see the 7x1 result.

I don't care but 7x1 certainly made bullying Brazil easy mode,banter is not even fun anymore,so I guess i'd take the loss,our team was just terrible in that cup and losing against Argentina in a final here would've been even more humiliating.

I'm not sure. The Maracanazo was a shocker. The Huelocaust was a complete humiliation.

It's the sort of thing that could very easily demoralize a team vs. galvanize them.

You lose 2-1 and you realize you're already good enough, but you need to sharpen your focus.

You lose 7-1 at home, on the other hand, and doubt starts to creep in. Maybe you were never that good after all and when you run into real talent, they will toy with you like a cat tormenting a mouse.

>brazil won the gold only because Barça allowed them to

feels good

>7x1 certainly made bullying Brazil easy mode

It was never actually that hard, buddy. :^)

>Bantering before 7x1
>Huur monkey
>:^)
>Bantering after 7x1
>7x1
>Every Monkeys face when

All you focused on was the monkey thing?

What, did you just ignore all the jokes about your poverty or illiteracy? The pollution? The violent crime and drug problems? The Brazilians' focus on skin color, but it's all just shades of brown? Your comical nicknames? That awful cut-rate Spanish you speak?

I'm a little disappointed, man.

Didn't care desu,it was all fun and games.

More embarrassing?

Being excited about winning a U23 tournament, or losing to pet time dentists?

pretty sure no one treats it as such
the problem is that every other sport is so irrelevant that this was still the most relevant competition in all the olympics by a million lights years, that's why all the hype

FIFA WC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Continental cups (UEFA, CONMEBOL)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Olympic Football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(all other Football competitions)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(all other """""""""sports""""""""" go here)

Wait...aren't you the guys that have two stars on your fucking shirt representing Olympic golds from a hundred years ago?

only 2 in history organized by FIFA, technically they count
i'm not a fan of it, but it is what it is

confed cup is better than olympic gold imo

'No'

well one has senior teams, almost always at full strength, and typically includes 3 of the top ~5 teams in the world.

the olympics is a youth tournament that occurs while big club teams are starting their seasons and may or may not have a small number of elite players, and it also excludes a bunch of the big nations. 3rd tier teams like Mexico and Cameroon have won it recently.

what's your smug assertion based on?

Nobody (nobody) has, does or will ever care about the Confederations Cup..

Comical nicknames and the Portuguese language are okay m8.

The Confederations Cup is like posting on 8 chan. Absolutely no one cares.

>huelocaust

lost my shit

If the Olympics football tournament is a meme, the Confederations Cup is a reposted 9gag meme.

Because we like football, it doesn't matter what kind of football

The Confederations Cup is charity game-tier, and probably just as bad as the FIFA Club World Cup.

Even the Intertoto Cup (which was the butt of all jokes back then) had something more exciting than these.

hahaha fuck off dude. no one care to men's football in olympics and every brazilian knows it. THE STIR ITS NOT ABOUT THE TROPHY.

it's about a few things:
- First, the media here was always mad cause we hadnt won any gold medal in our most popular sport. So FINALY we can return to normal and dont a give a fuck about men's football in olympics games
- Two, this can be a rebuild of our national team, as said
- Three, we avoid another defeat to Germany, what would be another shock in our hearts. I mean, the problem is not so much lose but not be able to win, which are two different things
- Four, is a FUCKING GOLD MEDAL. Just, no one cares who sport its, is a GOLD MEDAL. You dont understand it cuz America wins tons of gold medals in every olympics, but in other countries a gold medal is a fucking happy event

Not to mention that a few prospects did play at a decent level. Luan, Wallace, Marquinhos, Douglas Santos and Jesus.

Gabigol is utterly shit, i hope he dies in Santos.

Stupid post.

>it's an american talking about "soccer"
kys

just like the yuros. damn shame.

Question: why are your players so close to tears at every moment of the game?
Not even funny anymore...

It's important because they didn't lose to Germany yet again, and they can sort of trust Neymar to not fuck things up

Also because they won and the girls were 4th place

Because they'd be chased by the media and haunted by this failure for the rest of their lives. Messi did cry after failing in the meme Copa America didnt he? And he's 5 times Ballon winner, why can't the kids cry?

Grow a heart hitler

I wouldn't

I would trade it for actually having good football after 2002, even if we ended up being eliminated in our own WC.

But as it is 7x1 made the people fucking revolt against the shit that or squad has been for 10 years

Plus I felt like I actually witnessed history when I saw 7-1

The Messi comparison was superb. Centennial Cup America was a meme competition also, but for the Argies that meant everything. And when their lost, I mean, the pressure was HUGE.

That was quite similar. If they had won, they would have cried like we cried.

Because it's the only one they didn't have. When I played Pokemon red all those years ago, I got up to 146 pokemon caught. One of those was a Pinsir. You couldn't catch it in Red, it had to be traded from blue. None of my friends with blue had it. I would have been really pleased to get a Pinsir, but it's just a Pinsir. Just a mediocre bug pokemon. Doesn't even evolve into anything. But i NEEDED it.

Talking about witnessing, I hope that on Sup Forums will not be wasted.

Oh no! Players will miss 2-3 games in a 38-game league!

The would miss the pre-season dumbass

wich is much more important than 2 or 3 games of course

It's more about missing the preparation and playing ~8 games before the season even starts. Plus, nobody cares about the olympics it's not taken seriously. Neymar only got to go because he didn't go to copa america and because Brazil was the host.