George Lucas is threatening to take his museum to another city

>Both sides are stubborn in their battle over the site of the planned Lucas Museum of Narrative Art. George Lucas, the creator of “Star Wars”, his wife, Mellody Hobson, and the city government have set their heart on Chicago’s lakeshore as the site for the museum’s futuristic building. Friends of the Parks, a non-profit organisation, says Mr Lucas can build his museum anywhere he chooses, but not east of Lake Shore Drive, the expressway running along the shoreline of Lake Michigan. The battle reached fever pitch in early May when Rahm Emanuel, the mayor of Chicago, petitioned a federal appeal court to throw out a long-winded lawsuit, filed in 2014 by Friends of the Parks in a district court, to block use of the site. In February an Illinois district-court judge refused to dismiss the suit. On May 10th he postponed its hearing to June 15th.

>The Lucas family is in no mood to wait any longer for the construction of the museum, which was supposed to start in the spring. Ms Hobson says they are now looking at other cities, and blasts Friends of the Park for slamming the door on more than $2 billion in economic benefits for the state, as well as thousands of jobs and educational opportunities for children. “As an African-American who has spent my entire life in this city I love, it saddens me that young black and brown children will be denied the chance to benefit from what this museum will offer,” says Ms Hobson.

>That this should become another argument about race is a sign of how bitter the dispute has become. The site, south of the Soldier Field football stadium, is already heavily developed. It lies within walking distance of the Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum of Natural History, and serves as a hardly used car park. Mr Emanuel mocks the parks’ protectors as “Friends of the Parking Lot”.

archive.is/ebzVQ

First the prequels, and now this? Will George ever get a break?

KEK
FPBP

Why can black people get away with segregating themselves like they are special or something?

"The po lil brown chillins"

because they are segregated in the states. Not like Canada or Germany came up with the racial slur nigger.

Isn't Chicago and Illinois in general an economic basketcase right now?

Why not build it in Detroit?

What a fat fucking kike I want to stomp his skull in.

George Lucas wants to trot herds of little nigglets through his vanity museum and cry that he needs more state funding when they tear it to shit

You're just jealous of all the shekels and the nightly orgies he has.

FUUUUUUUUUCK this would be an amazing addition to that area. The Shedd and the Field Museum are already based as fuck. I really hope the ruling goes in favor of building.

>his wife
>Ms Hobson

what a cuck

>it saddens me that young black and brown children will be denied the chance to benefit from what this museum will offer

She does know that they have security guards right?

bump

Uh, you're free to move there if you want.
Other people don't want to, hence segregation.

>wife didn't take his last name
>wants to be associated with chiraq

Have you been in DT chicago and by the Lakeshore? It's a beautiful area desu. Chiraq is all segregated to the west and south, but even the main city is gentrifying outwards, like the South Loop has become hip and nice within the past 10-15 years.

(((museum)))

Why do liberals not want to build anything anywhere?

Wait what's this have to do with race?

Because Lucas' wife is injecting racism into the dispute.

kek

Ironic...

I'll just leave this here...

>Mr Emanuel mocks the parks’ protectors as “Friends of the Parking Lot”.

Fucking kek. Dude's a terrible mayor but I respect how few fucks he gives.

I'm pretty sure he's given up any ambitions of a presidential run after how jaded being chicago's mayor has made him.

but they're pretty much right, Chicago/Illinois government is corrupt and inept as fuck.

Fuck Illinois.

>Friends of the Parking Lot

This matters more to a lot of people.

FUCK the museum. They should build that tacky bullshit in some horrible non-city in the south west like Phoenix or Tucson.

Sounds like the friends of the parks are in the right.

George Lucas can build his Star Wars museum in Sanfranshitco. The museum campus should be reserved for educational museums. Fuck Rahm.

Nigger comes from Spanish.

They hate success.

cuck

Lucas can build the museum in LA next to USC. LA is eager to expand its collection of museums. Recently they sold a prolific lot of land to an art owner for one dollar if his art museum would have free admission. That museum has been quite a draw so far so I'd imagine the city would try to do it again.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU CALIFORNIAFAGS IT BELONGS IN CHICAGO

>Historically nicest area in Chicago for both residents and tourists
>Field Museum with dinosaur bones and prehistoric tools
>Shed Aquarium with over 3000 different species of sea life
>Adler Planaterium off the edge of the coast, reconstruction of several shuttles and landers
>Iconic Soldiers Field to the south and Navy Pier to the north

>Lucas wants to put a fucking building filled with jar jar, younglings and lightssabers everywhere

No, fuck him and fuck his shackles. He can have it right by millennium park if he wants to, but fuck him trying to build his sarcophagus in the center of an actual legitimate historical district. He might as well be trying to build it by the Smithsonian in DC across from the white house. What an arrogant asshole. And he has the balls to say "muh minorities" just to rabel up the diversity crowd in Chicago. If he wants them to benefit that bad why doesn't he just pump money into the disintegrating public school system? Or better yet build it by the south side, let's see how long it lasts.

What does George Lucas even have to do with Chicago anyways? Build it in LA.

Underrated

We wuz kings n' sheet

Not that type of museum. It's a museum of pop art and its history. Maybe kitschy crap, but not his own kitschy crap.

That's the only one that's his. The others are adopted.

m'useum