70 percent of the restaurants on this show are now closed

>70 percent of the restaurants on this show are now closed

realitytvrevisited.com/2013/01/list-of-all-episodes-posts.html?m=1

how does he keep getting away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i1NfWIaYed8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

to be fair most of the restaurants go back to being complete shite because they were a mess to begin with

I mean, just the debt alone has most of the places Ramsay has visited at the precipice of destruction before he touches anything. I don't see how giving them a free remodeling/rebranding/menu fix could have hurt them. When he does the return to places they are almost always not following his plan or ended up doing some more stupid shite.

30% seems like a pretty decent success rate, honestly. Poorly run businesses competing in the most difficult industry? Not bad tbqh senpai

>almost always not following his plan
This, tbqhwy. Every single time that problematic owner who kept wanting to sell burnt smegma cheese sandwiches went right back to doing what they want after the uptick in their service and drives away all the good business Ramsay brought.

He's helping the restaurant for like what, a week? At most they have like 2 nights where things go well, once Gordon goes they don't have him hanging around fixing the mess. It's just far too little time to fix places that have like 500k debt.

>okay guys we need you to pretend you're actually listening and doing what gordon says so the episode ends on a positive note
>after that we don't give a fuck, do what you want

there's a lot of instances where they rely on a commercial break and careful editing to mask a sudden change in attitude someone has. TV isn't real, even if they stick the word reality into the genre

He isn't a god

This. 60% of new restaurants fail and, given that the places on Kitchen Nightmares are absolutely abysmal, a 30% success rate isn't too low.

THE FOCKING BASS IS FOCKING

Considering 80 out of 100 restaurants close after the first 2 years, and Ramsay goes to the absolutely worst restaurants...

that a damn impressive success rate.

I'm surprised at any British ones still being open

the new locals don't want any foreign food

>dat one eye symbolism

Well yeah, that's why there ain't no british restaurants

100% of them were in danger of closing. Just saving 30% is impressive

who's the whore

SHE A QT

>tfw no sara gf

this was the last time he spoke to himself as a friend...

any lewds?

>Piccolo Teatro

Man, if that owner wasn't a lazy cunt, that restaurant probably would have been fine. A shame she just threw her dad's money in the trash because she couldn't be bothered to show effort

>she sucks dick for a living now
guess that's all she can do

Have you seen some of the people on the show?

I know, I know, they edit to make them look more extreme personality wise and conflict wise.

But for fucks sake. A lot of them go like this:

OWNER: "Oh yeah, We're 800k in debt, I already lost my house, I'm losing 8000 a week, ill have to shut down in a month"

GORDON:"Your menu has 26 pages and it's RAWWWWW!"

RESTAURANT'S CHEF: "fuck you and fuck the customers, imma culinary prodigy"

Gordon: "You should improve the food, clean the restaurant, and have better customer service"

Owner: "I don't want to change anything"

Gordon: .....

Seriously, there is nothing going to save most of these places.

Isn't that better than average? IIRC something like 85% of new restaurants close within five years.

Hell, those were all failing restaurants in crippling debt, so even then, that's still pretty good

I've heard it's more like 90% in the first 2 years.

i hate the dingy kitchens makes me want to never eat out again

To be fair he has a show where he outs restaurant owners as unskilled
Unhygienic pigs, that's some pretty bad publicity even after they see the error of their ways, also that's a pretty good figure to give a failing restaurant a fighting chance

Didn't one of the first few restaurant owners write out against him that it was his fault their failing business failed after their episode because he revealed how shit they were?
It was the UK series too so no excessive theatrics either
These people are out of their minds

The real question is, why does anyone ever open a restaurant

>that's some pretty bad publicity even after they see the error of their ways
this, most people wouldn't go eat at those restaurants after they saw all the disgusting shit going on there.

If I've learned anything from the show, because it's fun, requires no food or business expertise, it's easy money, brings families together, and you can hang out and drink at the bar no problem.

Seriously, a good chunk of them believe this.

Pretty sure that was the first episode, Bonapartes

>Sue became homeless, jobless and was left with with £400,000 debt after avoiding bankruptcy. Sue was later caught drink driving .

Oh, I didn't about the homeless thing, that's unfortunate

Going from what I remember from the show, they really underestimate how hard it is to run a restaurant

You say that, but for the ones that turned around they really turned some heads. I remember in the UK version, one of them had a gravy campaign that went amazingly well and basically saved their business.

Well nobody ate there before either so I don't see the problem

I don't understand the appeal of this show, pedophilia excluded. My mom can't get enough of it and I don't have the heart to tell her how fake and stupid it is.

>can't read her fucking name on her apron

Ahhh summer

Whos /hotelhell/ here?

And now I have to watch this

>Whos /hotelhell/ here?

entertaining season so far this last place was hilarious. Glad it's a two parter because she's so strange, but she doesnt even deserve the upgrade he'll give her so i almost wanted it to end their

So that witch lady and her 'friend' that hangs around are in a sexual relationship or nah?

just watched the one with the crazy witch lady. good shit

Too old to even care, but God damn that place was shit... And not just her, who fucking reheats a burger by boiling it and using shitty frozen chicken? It's not just the owner you also gave up and went with it cause it's just you waiting for payday

who here /the'f'word/?

Wait. There's actually a season I haven't seen and here I am asking who's /hotelhell/ here lol. I always thought the hotel hell episodes are a lot more comfier to watch than KN episodes.

is that... a neopet

I forgot it even existed

It's still going? Need to catch up on it then

"You fucking doughnut!"
-Gordon Ramsay

RAAAAW

Came here to post this he can give them an easy menu invite locals and critics a makeover and organize them but but they still have to succeed when he's not there and they fall back into old bad habits
its

The patrician Gordon Ramsay

70% of restaurants fail in general

literally the worst venture idea

hotels are more fun

who /kitchennightmares/ here?

In addition to the usual financial hole they are neck deep in when he goes there, they usually have less then zero idea of how to run a restaurant.

Owning and running a restaurant is already going to be hard enough without the completely obvious mistakes they are usually making.

Even beyond the lack of cheesy sound effects and drama stuff on the US version, the UK version is better because usually its more centered on improving the food and cooking in general from a master chef.

You don't need Gordon Ramsay to tell you your dining room is disgusting, or your menu is ridiculously large, or your service is poor. Pretty much any sod off the street could point that out.

So yeah 30 percent still open is way more than it could be.

>Rachel went on to become a hooker, yes you are reading that correct.

I'd pay for a bj just for the novelty desu

Last episode with the witch lady was great those two 17 year old servers were almost giddy with glee to bad mouth her next week the chef's going to flip out and I'm glad Ramsay chewed out that weird lesbian lover of hers plus I wanted to bang that redhead chick they showed the freezers to

Mitchel and Webb hit the nail on the head of this kind of thing years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=i1NfWIaYed8

who /tryingtogetfired/ here

>british """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

stop being an ass.

kitchen nightmares have such qt waifus

Yeah this two parter are EPs 2 and 3 of the this new season

>it's a Gordon goes to the Phillipines and is deeply personally affected by the horror of the shark poaching industry episode

I just wanted him to get mad about scallops.

A (You) for truth.

cryfu a cute

>shark poaching industry
>philippines

I live here and I don't know about this.

It was Hong Kong, not the Phillipines. Whoops.

Oh, I just checked and it also happens from time to time probably because of the chinese population here.

>gordon: you should stop dumping toenail clippings into your food
>owner: but i don't want to, my grandmaw did that for years, and that's how this business will run

It really isn't Gordon's fault these people are retarded.

"fresh" "catch of the day" "farm to table" "Homemade"

that's when you know you are in for a trip down the frozen food aisle in the kitchen

I had to make sure that was real.

And she had the nerve to blame him for it.
That's fucking mind boggling how you can be that pathetic.

Is it hard to make an "organic" fast food place akin to McDonald's or burger King?

Fast food is all about speed and low cost, and organic stuff is inherently more expensive and must be prepared differently than mass produced ingredients. The two concepts are nearly incompatible, I think. Chipotle is probably as close as we can get.

I've never seen this, I'm guessing the kids win every time because it would be evil not to?

Yeah, you just have to be in the right location for it. Some shithole suburb in the middle of Indiana is not gonna succeed, but something in Austin can.

Your use of spoilers don't enrich your posting at all.

It just sounds like you can still make the same In-N-Out style burgers but with organic. As long as it's in places with health conscious people like so Cal then you can charge more and people will buy it

No, and I refuse to believe otherwise. McDonalds has some of the finest chefs this world has ever seen. ANYONE who eats it cannot deny how good it tastes.

There's a shit load of 'healthy organic' food trucks around here, which is pretty much fast food. They don't have the extra costs from having a brick and mortar so the food prices stay equivalent.

Define organic. I worked at a Five Guys for a couple years and everything there was fresh and the meat some kind of grass grazed whatever.

True but then having a niche like In-N-Out helps. Limited ingredients so no worries and everything is fresh. Plus lines go on for miles and people don't care

30% is a decent success rate you cretin

The owners of these restaurants were hit by the recession, and most of them are complete incompetent morons, so 30% is really high

>all of them were going to close anyway
>Gordon saved 30% of the restaurants featured

In a business as fucking cutthroat as restaurants I'd take those odds. Certainly wouldn't turn down his help.

>these people are out of their minds

Welcome to the restaurant business. I've worked in a restaurant that surpasses anything seen on Kitchen Nightmares. A restaurant so bad that all we could do was joke about all of the rat shit in peoples food (the owner refused to hire exterminators, he considers himself a "culinary genius" and his restaurant "world renowned"). If you want to see dysfunction, denial, and delusion stop in.

t. chef

You know a company is laundring money for sure when it's called ABC.

What are your favourite changes that Ramsay consistently makes?

I think by far and away the most important thing he does for these retards is cutting down the menu.

You've got to learn to walk before you can run. Smaller menu = less challenge for chefs. Smaller menu = less inventory. Smaller menu = less time gather resources during the day. Smaller menu = less choice for the customers = easier for them to make choices, less time sitting there feeling confused.

He does it almost every time and it always helps instantly.

>it's easy money
Are you not watching the shows? Half the time they're swarmed in debt.

It's such a simple concept, it's bizarre professionals don't follow it. A big menu never works. Just tweek it from time to time and add daily meals for variety.

The man knows from experience. He went complicated before and it sunk his restaurant because customers got scared off. Quick, easy, and efficient is the way to go

Think he's being sarcastic because like they said, that's a reason a few of the people on the show started a restaurant. I remember being the same for Bar Rescue as well.

Why the fuck do people think running a business is like having a vacation or some shit?

the british aren't nearly funny enough to get all smug about how superior their humor is

Not really, no. You could cook organically with a slight price increase about as fast as they cook with artificial ingredients. I'd say the biggest thing would be soda. Soda is super cheap, and I'm not sure juice can ever be as cheap as soda. Like not even close.

70% of drug users relapse. Is that the drug clinic's fault?

Ramsay takes the businesses that have absolutely no chance for survival and gives them one last push
The ones he goes to are far far far more in the red than Bar Rescue or Restaurant: Impossible.
That added with the fact that most restaurant owners are just terrible people and oftentimes extremely fucking retarded, make his success rate of 30% actually impressive

>The ones he goes to are far far far more in the red than Bar Rescue or Restaurant: Impossible.
Some of the bars in Bar Rescue are at that level, but yeah Restaurant Impossible a shit,

Well the guy who does Restaurant Impossible has shown himself to be a career liar so everything about the show should be suspect.

what's the success rate for bar rescue?

Spoilered probably because off topic. It's a ye olde tradition from the glory days of Sup Forums when spoiler was first introduced.

Literally me

percent of the restaurants on this show are now closed
Isn't that true for pretty much any kind of business?

I'm sure this will come in handy someday.