Hey! lets just do lsd and make random incoherent noises and trick 16-18 year olds into thinking its patrician music!

>hey! lets just do lsd and make random incoherent noises and trick 16-18 year olds into thinking its patrician music!

animal collective is an autistic terrible band and you are autistic if you like them.

discuss

autistic
>animal collective
>captain beefshart

meme band
>death grips
>kero kero bonito
>radiohead
>foo fighters
>smash mouth
>nine inch nails
>fallout boy
>the avalanches
>slipknot

you're pushing it
>slint
>cold play

stupid nigger
>kanye west and the rest of the fucking niggers

This tbqh

>dude let's mash together 30 instrument parts put reverb over it and do tribal noises in the mic for an hour

yeah i didnt used to like them, but they grew into being one of my favourite bands. saw them live on 2cb and had an amazing time.

that's their earlier stuff yea. and some of their newer. but they matured eventually and, maybe accidentally, created a couple good songs

What is it about animal collective that makes people either really love them or really hate them?

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

Autism

The worst thing about this pasta is that the person who wrote it only listened to MPP

That doesn't even make sense as MPP is a record drenched in emotion

>hey! lets just do lsd and make random incoherent noises and trick 16-18 year olds into thinking its patrician music!

Most of their albums have points of emotion, even their danse/hollinndagain era stuff

I mean, even if you don't like anco, you can't deny that they're good at conveying emotion through their music. Like, listen to Campfire Songs, Feels, or Spirit and tell me they can't

As an avid animal collective fan, the vocals run a fine line between incredibly catchy and obnoxiously annoying (on PW they cross it). It doesn't help they sound like children's music either.

I like the vocals on PW. The hocketing was good imo

The only time one of their voices got annoying was on the track Penguin Penguin, but even that grew on me

John Lennon looks like he could sell toys and trinkets in another life

Sgt Pepper's probably would have been almost as bad as Animal Collective without George Martin to organize and flesh out John and Paul's halfbaked ideas

From left to right: Deakin, Avey, Panda, Geologist

Surprisingly accurate

Stay safe Avey :(

Try listening to STGSTV and revisit this comment

Paul even has a kind of Lennox-sequel expression on his face

*Lennox-esque

pic related
its autechre

>nine inch nails
>meme band

you're literally what's wrong with Sup Forums