Now that the dust has settled, what is your opinion of Nirvana?

Now that the dust has settled, what is your opinion of Nirvana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMDGO8RjJEg
youtube.com/watch?v=EpFPuS1o9d0
talkhouse.com/buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like all of it up to in utero, I'm not a fan of kurdt though

Not really my thing.

I think they were great. Nevermind and In Utero are tens. Unplugged is one of my favorite live performances. I love Kurt voice, still gives me chills.

Bleach is underrated as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=HMDGO8RjJEg

FECAL MATTER > NIRVANA

Incesticide is a good album desu

Can anyone imagine what an insufferable cunt Kurt would be today?

this

Not really. A lot of people would probably label him as SJW today. But back then that crap didn't even exist. I genuinely think he was just a kind and loving person.

also this

chilhood is when you think In Utero is the best Nirvana album
adulthood is realising Bleach makes more sense

Shitty live as the entire band was always rekt out of their gourd.

They were too big at the time and so overplayed like Nickelback I couldn't stand to hear them anymore but now don't mind it so much

Saying Bleach is superior to In Utero is the most contrarian for the sake of contrarian thing this board has said.

It was the best thing they did.

I like In Utero, liked them more when I were younger, but Nevermind is actually kinda bad imo. On A Plain, Territorial Pissings and Polly are the only good songs on it.

>Attacked christianity
>Attacked homophobes
>Cunt in interviews
>Junkie
I enjoy Nirvana too user. But I completely disagree with the whole "LE TORTURED LOVING SOUL" people make him out to be.

essential chris ott video coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=EpFPuS1o9d0

He had some weird chronic stomach pain issue they could never diagnose which apparently kept him up all night even while whacked on heroin.

He was also married to Courtney Love that would make anybody want to kill themselves

All three of their albums are pretty good shit. Kurt was one of the few non-cringey sad boy lyricists. It's great that he killed himself or that he died because otherwise the narrative would have been unbearable.

I suspect he wasn't that great a person to hang with towards the end.

>talkhouse.com/buzz-osborne-the-melvins-talks/
>"Kurt also told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with his stomach. He made it up for sympathy and so he could use it as an excuse to stay loaded."
Buzz Osbourne

it's true though

the shotgun was too long to reach with his hands and he was wearing shoes and the gun had a trigger guard

tons more

I dont get how those are mutually exclusive but that sounds like literally half of punk bands

SOMETHIN' IN THE WAY

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I use to worship kurt cobain when i was a kid, i thought he was the coolest fucker ever.
As i have grown up, i think he was kind of a low self esteem retard.
The musics still nostalgic though.

>no Drain You
>no Lounge Act

It was ok in high school I guess. As a grown up it feels more like I'm listening to nursery rhymes by a pretentious wannabe punk. Its a fine gateway into more thoughtful and edgier music. It just feels stale when you grow.

this holy fuck

>tfw youre so close to 70707070

Kurt said he listened to a lot of nursery rhyme albums, I hear it too, I'm surprised a teacher that can play guitar hasn't made an album making parodies of Nirvana songs about Reading,Math,History Etc kid's would eat it up.

This, I don't listen to Nirvana too often but when I do I'm going with Bleach.

>Attacked people spreading hate
This is bad?

bleach > in utero > nevermind
im pretty sure that is the general consensus

love em

Bleach has some really nice songs, but overall I would still have to say
bleach > nevermind > in utero
in utero is more ambitious than nevermind imo and I really like it for that reason

I just wish kurt hadn't died, I think he had a lot more in him and I think he hadn't made his best work with nirvana yet.

Also, I hate the influence Nirvana has had, so many normies think they were really groundbreaking and stuff, but they didn't really invent anything, they just popularised it.
Also they helped create Post-Grunge, the most boring genre ever. It's really almost like all post grunge bands only have ever listened to nevermind. The most popular song of a lot post grunge bands also is pretty much a more commercial version of Smells Like Teen Spirit
it really sucks

>Buzz Osbourne
That guys is a cunt. Terrific musician, but a cunt. I wouldn't be surprised if half the shit he spouts was made up.

You got it backwards buddy

In Utero > Unplugged > Nevermind > Incesticide > Bleach

Incesticide has some of the best shit the've ever done, but a few throwaway duds, making it a tad inconsistent.

In Utero has the strongest aesthetic, best songs, more unique sound and best lyrics.

I wish we got to see a Cobain/Stipe jangle/blues album, I'm sure it would have been GOAT

whoops yes i did have it backwards
I meant to type < instead of > but im just that dumb. Or maybe just happy.
But yeah I agree with you

Great band.

Only drawback was that Courtney was Curt's Yoko and look what happened to him and John Lennon!

Still love Nevermind though!

>I wish we got to see a Cobain/Stipe jangle/blues album, I'm sure it would have been GOAT
Yeah, really sucks that this didn't end up happening.
Maybe it would have been similar to the first REM album.

Tbh you'd probably be a cunt too if every interview you give consists half of questions related to your slacker pupil that miraculously hit it big.

Good band, great gateway for punk music in general, specially' If you use Cobains 50 fav albums as a guide.

>70700000

Nobody love stay away

:(

Shit, how tall is krist???

they're been way too long since their last record tho. hopefully they'll put something new out soon

Good band, good songs with good melodies and good sounds, overrated by teen fanboys who didnĀ“t even were there when they were big and alive (i was one of those teenage fanboys, it was my "best ever" band). Then you grow up and stop hyping them and find out they aren't that good really, there were superior grunge bands back then.

they were a great band who shaped the 90's in a way. nevermind is pretty good, though i could go the rest of my life not having to hear teen spirit. in utero is also fantastic, i love that its more raw and noisey, its like what weezer did with pinkerton except nirvana did it first. unplugged is great. bleach has some good songs but they all have better performed versions on the live at reading album

Bleach is good

Nevermind is okay, the production brings it wayyyyyy down

In Utero is a masterpiece