Itt: Music women will never understand

>Itt: Music women will never understand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DivvcAD1-60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all of it

I'm male and I don't think I understand it

I once dated a girl who liked all four of these albums. Granted, she was indoctrinated into the music meme by her father, but still. Girls like this shit. Pic related is an album that girls actually don't like.

lmaoing really hard right now

This right here famalams. The melancholy, the regret, the anger.

There's a difference between liking something and understanding it.

This
Though I'd say most of these albums women can understand just fine
Pic related is one that relates pretty exclusively to one demographic (teenage beta males)

Any DSBM.

Only right answers so far. If women think they "get then" they're lying.

What are some albums that only women can understand?

"And I'm back in the rain,
you're on dry land
you made it there, somehow
you're a big girl now"

literally any music that isn't popular outside of their ascribed subculture

But my girlfriend showed me this album

doesn't mean she understood it

Do you think you 'understand' artists like Joanna Newsom or Kate Bush, then?

being that those artists are women they likely don't even understand their own work

>muh Beefheart-lite

All albums that I know women like or are into. Especially the Beatles album and The Glow. Even Pinkerton is accessible for women. Shit dude, my girlfriend loves the fuck out of Death Grips and Danny Brown.

Have you guys actually talked to a woman about music? Some of them have actual tastes that aren't Chvrches or Tame Impala or whatever run of the mill stupid alternative album is passing around the "hip" girl circle jerk that is the perceived musical tastes for women now-a-days. Go out and meet one. There is women with real taste, maybe even better tastes than you, out there my friends.

Good job avoiding the question

Best point ever made on this board

I'm hiding all other comments ITT besides this one

Just because you like something that doesn't mean you completely understand or identify with the emotional states it expresses.

kek

Pinkerton guy responding, I get that women have the capability of liking a wide range of music (hell I know more women who are dedicated music fans than I do men) and can understand them from an artistic point of view but I mostly meant there's some albums that are so specific that they connect with one group on a deeper level more than they would another. Any woman can love Pinkerton and genuinely get it, but that album's appeal is just that much deeper for sexually frustrated teenage boys, or people who were one once. I don't mean it as a sexist thing, moreso in the way different art emotionally resonates different ways for different people. There's nothing wrong with cultural and societal differences as long as you're not being a "le womeme can't into music xD" kinda guy.

The pain of frienzone

I can't see many women liking this one because some of the lyrics are pretty damn misogynistic and even rapey (poke her with my tentacle then put her on my schedules???)

Anyone got albums that us guys might not understand? A friend once told me that guys didn't get Art Angels

If a woman is actually upset by "misogynistic and even rapey" lyrics, you should run away from her.

The main example I can think of. I still absolutely love it but will never /feel/ it on the same level a woman probably does.

I'm a woman and I agree with them, just like how they won't ever really get a Nico album.

Stop crying you baby. You're not getting any brownie points from me.

i've never listened to those artists so similar to every woman that has listened to them I can't say that I understand them

>I love the beatles, especially rubber soul! xD so great teehee
>Yeah me too, doesn't Nowhere Man just speak to you about your life so much? I love how the album has songs about introversion soaked in a melancholy folksy feel.
>what? i just find it catchy and think paul is cute x)

You also have to be a Nazi to get a Nico album

Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing

This makes them incapable of taking a purely objective interest in anything, and the reason for it is, I fancy, as follows. A man strives to get direct mastery over things either by understanding them or by compulsion. But a woman is always and everywhere driven to indirect mastery, namely through a man; all her direct mastery being limited to him alone. Therefore it lies in woman’s nature to look upon everything only as a means for winning man, and her interest in anything else is always a simulated one, a mere roundabout way to gain her ends, consisting of coquetry and pretence. Hence Rousseau said, Les femmes, en général, n’aiment aucun art, ne se connoissent à aucun et n’ont aucun génie [Women have, in general, no love for any art; they have no proper knowledge of any; and they have no genius] (Lettre à d’Alembert, note xx.). Every one who can see through a sham must have found this to be the case. One need only watch the way they behave at a concert, the opera, or the play; the childish simplicity, for instance, with which they keep on chattering during the finest passages in the greatest masterpieces. If it is true that the Greeks forbade women to go to the play, they acted in a right way; for they would at any rate be able to hear something. In our day it would be more appropriate to substitute taceat mulier in theatro [Let woman keep silence in the theatre] for taceat mulier in ecclesia [Let woman keep silence in the church]; and this might perhaps be put up in big letters on the curtain

Nothing different can be expected of women if it is borne in mind that the most eminent of the whole sex have never accomplished anything in the fine arts that is really great, genuine, and original, or given to the world any kind of work of permanent value.

Doesn't have anything to do with what kind of girls I'm into... The fact is women have a really valid reason to not like music that objectifies them, talks about drugging them, etc... I wouldn't listen to an album about hate-fucking a guy or smashing his balls or what not. Why should women have to like music that is misogynistic?

It's just fucking music, dude

yikes dude

I'm a girl and I wouldn't date you with that attitude

Be honest are you unty

>
I'm not single so that works out

Yeah true enough. Could be a complete over analysis on my part

Nah you're fine I get what you're saying. I'm not gonna want to listen to anti men stuff so why would women want to listen to misogynist stuff? I mean plenty of them won't care too much but plenty of them do as well.

Yeah exactly. There's plenty of girls who wouldn't care, but I know if my mom knew I listened to (and enjoyed) Danny Brown or some RTJ tracks she'd probably slap me next time I visit, lmao

>women can get Pet Sounds
>women can't get Rubber Soul

what the fuck are you on

>assuming women can't be Nazis.

Fucking Sexist Pig.

>Doesn't like music about killing dudes and fucking their bitches.
What a loser.

youtube.com/watch?v=DivvcAD1-60

The Glow pt 2 just has a few really accessible songs, like I Want Wind To Blow, or Headless Horseman, with fairly general themes on the surface level, but the deeper you look into it the more specific the idea and emotions run and the more focused you look at the spattered story and character study and near self therapy, that comprises the majority of the album is much more specific to a male audience.

who here rape rock

Why can't I stand this album but their first record sounds fine to me?

My ex used to listen to this stuff. She was weird tho.

And again, women can't understand anything beyond whether it's better to fuck Chad or Tyrone that morning. How many times do you have to be told you little shit? They don't care about high art, only BIG COCKS IN MUH PUSSI :)))))

women are meme

Top keke

11/10

you guys are such fucking betas, this is how you stay a virgin for life

Get back to /r9k/ cuck

I listened to this album. First song is catchy and I can't make myself listen the rest. What so special about it?
This one I've listened a few times but still hasn't caught my attention

KEK

>What so special about it?

listen to it again

I dated a girl who understood this album way before I did.
this is correct

fuck off

are you literally from the 1700s

>Shit dude, my girlfriend loves the fuck out of Death Grips and Danny Brown.

THOT

>>all the other posts in this thread

Way too fucking retarded of a thread, any woman in music school understands music more comprehensively than any of you dilletantes in this thread.

why are these threads allowed but the albums nu-males, virgins, etc will never understand always get deleted?

women, blacks, chinamen, australians will NEVER understand this

I'm a woman and I agree with some of the choices in this thread.

Get over yourselves.

this post is exactly why I have a gf and you dont you big numale

Women only like music with a certain sexiness to it. Even the "dark, brooding" music that has large female followings like Depeche Mode or The Cure has a certain playful sexiness to it. All anti-social arty sexless music is absolutely repellant to women.

post music that only highly entropic beings can understand

I showed XXX to my now ex-gf and I think that's actually the point where the relationship began to spiral downwards

Where the fuck do people even find women who are that into music? Most of the women I run into have the plebbiest tastes in music. Then again, so do most of the guys I run into as well.

Because this website is a safe-space for nu-males and virgins, you bigoted nigger

This entire thread is ironic because it's men who can't understand music, not women. Society squanders emotions in males from birth, so by the time men are the age of most Sup Forums users (late teens, early twenties) men have next to no ability to emote at all anymore. Women actually know how to feel, so we can understand music.

>Go out and meet one
how?

this pls respond

Like, most women I know haven't even heard of Chvrches or even Tame Impala. Where the fuck do you find these people? Goddamn.

Most women I know just listen to top 40 or niggabeats spotify recommends them, chvrches would be obscure hip shit

Right? That's what I'm getting at. I'm not even really disrespecting them; I'm no misogynist. I have just genuinely haven't met many woman who actually seek out less popular music outside of the mainstream or off the top 40.

I've met two on the internet but they were way older than me, engaged and both with borderline disorder, pretty cool people t b h but not really gf or even friend material

>hey user why don't you play your favorite song ?
>"my dick feels so hard it could break apart"

I've met one on the internet but we're only friends and I'm okay with that.

I went to high school with a girl like that too and I'd like to get in contact with her again but I have no idea how to do that naturally.

I've met a few hipster chicks that probably did listen to less mainstream music but I didn't talk to them because I was too much of a pussy to.

Talk to that girl man, if I had a girl from high school I could talk to I would do it. Wouldn't stuff like hey it's been a long time do it? It's not that hard game everyone tries to paint it as imho

I know I should just do it but there's always that fear of rejection. Which I know I should just get over but it's always there.

>betacore
I admit I'm a beta but at least I'm not a dickhead

Don't we all do things to accomplish our own ends?

You've never tried to make music or write poetry