"this album changed my life!"

>"this album changed my life!"

>I have no genuine emotions of my own so let me trivialize those of others

The hyperbole some people use to describe albums is astounding. It's not merely enough to think a piece of music is really really good anymore, it has to be some transcendental life changing experience. Every damn story is exactly the bloody same.

Well, fuck you guys. My favourite album is my favourite simply because I think it's the best.

imagine having such an unremarkable life to the point where an album could have a significant effect on it

Really makes me wonder how big a failure someone can be

I agree, but, to be honest, nearly everyone who has an album that "changes their life" is a literal child or teen, so they haven't experienced much of life yet.

I've had albums which "changed my life" but only in how I perceive other music and art.

Where do you stand on that?

It's technically hyperbole but I feel like they're merely meaning that periods of time in their life has been influenced by music. By influence, it's mostly that music has helped them get through hard times. That's all. Don't be such a hard-ass.

When I was 16, I was planning on committing suicide. I had thought about it for months, and decided I would tie a nose and hang myself in my closet, where there is a door leading to the attic that I could wedge a belt into. On the night I planned to do it, I sat down and decided to Ian Curtis-style give my then-favorite album one final listen. I put on David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, and sat there with my eyes, cloud, stone faced through the whole thing, trying to take in every note. But once the beginning strums to Rock and Roll Suicide started up, I burst into tears. Something about that song, I don't know, the lyrics, the way it devolves into chaos near the end, it spoke to me. Anyway, I sat there as the album finished and sobbed for a half hour, then went downstairs and told my mom what had happened.

So yes, I think music can change a person's life. It certainly changed mine, because if Bowie had never written Ziggy Stardust, I wouldn't be here today. Music is art and can speak to you on a very deep and emotional level, so I don't find it difficult to believe that something can have a deep emotional impact on you that changes you as a person. Listening to an album can be as impactful as any other life experience, if you let it.

And yes, Ziggy Stardust is still my favourite album.

I'm glad you're still with us user :)
I can understand poking fun at the way some people describe their favorite albums, but there's no need to put others down or call them unremarkable or failures. Music is undeniably a major factor in many people's lives. People experience art in different ways, and there are a million different ways that music can impact you. Recently I read a comment about how a song made someone realize they were transgender.

Rock 'n' Roll Suicide is a great song desu. Hope everythings better, user.

>not considering the butterfly effect
Everything affects you and changes your life in a small way or another

>your life is so vapid that an album changes it

>OP has never had an album change his life
Why're you here

this is pasta from a youtube comment btw

>change
You're interpreting that word too literally

Doesn't make it any less valid. Well, maybe it does.... but the point is still there.

>this song saved me from suicide!

without 21p i wouldn't be posting this comment on Sup Forums right now, so..

>if Bowie had never written Ziggy Stardust, I wouldn't be here today.
I know this is pasta but it's bullshit, you could've listened to Justin Bieber and you still wouldn't had killed yourself, pussy

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

who the fuck cares what that white nazi faggot had to say

That is actually an encouragement

It can make you feel better or to sort if comfort you. A lot of people describe this with a hyperbole "It changed my life" when what they really mean is "this album made realize something about myself and stuff is clearer now a little"

Listening to ITAOTS for the first time really impressed me and made me start listening to more music. I guess taking more interest in something is life changing in a way.

>nee-chee

we dont need brown ppl

Name one (1) important person who have said this

me

My first bad trip was because of A Sauceful of Secrets. Ruined the title track for me, it terrifies me now.

who are you?

>someone falls in love with a random punk album
>falls in love with punk
>starts going to punk shows, meets new people, males new friends, blah blah blah
Boom an album changed someone's life. It can be as simple as that you dumb cunts.

>My favourite album is my favourite simply because I think its the best.
Lmao listen to more music. You can connect deeply with an album without necessarily think its the best piece of music to grace this earth since Mayaan tribal sacrifice chants.

everything changes everything

any case like this that happened in real life?

who even is that, and why should I care, let me think for myself