WARCRAFT IS FINISHED

270 MILLION PRODUCTION BUDGET INCLUDING MARKETING.

THERE'S NO WAY WARCRAFT IS MAKING 500 MILLION AND THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL IT'S GETTING A SEQUEL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope this gets Blizzard to make Warcraft 4 instead of wasting their money on stupid movies

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thinking they will ever continue the storyline
WoW killed it, they'll never make Warcraft 4, ever.

this poster triggers me to no end
>wc3 peon
>wow peasant

This. They had a great cliffhanger at the end of TFT and they wasted it on a shitty WoW storyline

WoW's storyline makes no fucking sense anyway.

Have you been paying attention to China at all? kys disney cuck.

>THERE'S NO WAY WARCRAFT IS MAKING 500 MILLION

It already did though, also, try harder next time

What they should've done is make an animated movie out of overwatch
Their shorts have been great, they've got some disney tier animation going on

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=warcraft.htm

>168m

You shouldnt lie on the internet

>THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL IT'S GETTING A SEQUEL.

Good

I really wonder how well it will do in the US. Went to the Thursday showing and the theater had 8 people.

>Blizzard is renowned for their amazing cutscenes
>time comes to finally make a movie
>lebds meg it with libe ackshun :DDDDD

I just got back from seeing the movie. After seeing the movie insulted so long here, and seeing all the terrible reviews it was getting from journalists I went in with low expectations. You know what, it's actually pretty damn good. It's not the Lord of the Rings..but I certainly enjoyed it more than any of the Hobbit movies (I know, almost a left handed compliment).

Actually, they were just about as faithful to the lore and feel of the games as they could be considering the format. Some things don't have the right timelines but I thought they did a good job linking things together.

The reviews were right about one thing; the Orc segments are FAR more entertaining than the human ones. It's not that the human ones are bad per se, they just aren't very exciting and are more about exposition. But the Orc CGI is absolutely fantastic, normally CGI feels almost flimsy and cheap but honestly it feels more genuine than the live action parts.

You can see the divide on the Rotten Tomatoes professional VS user reviews. I felt reading the reviews that most of them just had contempt for the movie, which it absolutely doesn't deserve. I might say "this isn't a movie for everyone, but if you've ever played any game in the Franchise and liked it you'll probably like this movie" would have been fair.

Current estimate is 25-30mil

they always have, blizzard is amazing at cinematics, which is why i question why they didnt just make a movie with the same feel.

i mean i know it wasnt blizzard who made it but they should of stuck with what they are good at.

I just watched it, it was actually pretty good. Not great, but good. Not sure why the critics loathed it.

And to OP: The theater was filled to capacity when I went.

It had a midweek opening, probably not that weird, just came back from one of the less popular theaters in town, movie started at 7:30 so probably not the most popular slot either. Theater was about 3/4ths full

It used to. Then Cataclysm happened.

Critics typically dislike movies that pander to a certain genre like video games. Show me a good video game movie (I know thats hard) that got good reviews

Now I know why it made so much money in Asia

it takes months for blizzard to make a 5 min long cinematic

for a 2 hours movie it'll be 10 years in the making to achieve the same quality given their rate

Nah, Warcraft's story went to fuck halfway through WotLK when they started introducing the half-titan guys like Loken

>168 million on opening day
>bad

Just saw the movie today. It was pretty good. Really hoping to see a sequel.

the Orc sequences from the movie really do feel like high quality cinematics. In fact considering alot of the same characters are there, the Orc half of the movie REALLY felt like it could have come right from Warlords of Draenor. Actually...an Orc only movie would probably have been far more entertaining. The human side is basically there for people who have never played the games and would be totally lost without SOME explanation for everything.

Although I did find it odd that the King and Queen were out having beers at the Goldshire Inn miles from Stormwind's gates for some random reason. I realize they wanted fanservice but it did feel kind of forced

CLick the foreign tab faggot. Half that revenue was generated the weekend of 5/25, 2 weeks ago

Their cutscenes are cute little setpieces that can be cliche and badly written as long as they serve their purpose of moving the story along or as flashy advertising for the game.

movie fucking sucked

Now that you mention it, this is likely the best movie adapted from a video game made so far.

Which says less about how good it is than about how shitty the others are, mind you.

>"muh Fel Magic" instead of blood
>no Nerzhul
>Ogrim not taking over the Horde
>Horde doesn´t actually win the war and Stormwin isn't burnt down
>Garona dindu nuffin
>Blackhand dying two swing later to Lothar in fucking Mak'gora
>Hellscream standing around like a fucking extra
I don't get it, why take a perfectly fine story and butcher it?

still was a decent flick

zug...

>why take a perfectly fine story and butcher it?
DUDE NORMALFAG SHEKELS LMAO

>good video game movie
doesn't exist.

Oh, never mind, 168 million is the foreign figure. We still don't have the US/Canada figures.

The Lara Croft movies were decent for what they were. So was the first Mortal Kombat

Seriously though.

Also when the fuck are they gonna make shorts for based Junkrat/Roadhog

That's like begging to be a Mad Max-style buddy comedy.

I want a short for Reinhardt.

I felt like there was a good movie there that got fucked over somewhere between the exec desk and the editing room. The final dual battle scene was giving me Star Wars shivers, and I kept thinking, "I like these characters and I like what they're doing now and they just needed to have made me feel this way earlier."

I would have preferred the movie be a lot longer; the editing was choppy, and while I was never really confused as to what was going g on, I still feel like the ma, the breathing and feeling and getting-situated moments, were cut for snappiness - which is funny because, if true, it ruined the pacing, especially at the beginning.

I felt the same way about Doom, it wasn't the greatest movie ever but I felt like the acting wasn't terrible, it was fairly faithful to the feel of it's source material and genuinely seemed to be having fun with what it was;

silent hill and doom were objectively good

>The human side is basically there for people who have never played the games and would be totally lost without SOME explanation for everything.
The young mage was the most interesting character in the movie.

I enjoyed Doom when I turned my brain off to the fact that it was supposed to BE Doom. Same thing with the Spirits Within and the Super Mario movie

>0 mention of Hellscream, first orc to drink the fel blood

I liked it but it irks me that they left this out. It's sorta like how they left out Roran's girlfriend in that somehow worse than the source material Eragon movie. Dude is a major figure in Warcraft 3 and his son is the main antagonist of 2 WoW expacks. I guess they can just introduce him in 2 or 3, maybe through a flashback sequence to when the orcs first drank the fel blood. (could make for an alright opening sequence)

The monsters in Doom being genetic experiments gone wrong was lame. It tickled my autism something fierce.

I more or less ageree with you. This is a movie for the fans, the normies wont get into it that much. Thats good for Blizzard and his plans for sequels, but Im betting they want the normies in.

Resident Evil movies were good. And there are tons of movies that aren't based on a specific game property that basically stole one's premise, a la Chronicle/Akira.

Demonic magic represented by neon green has been the staple ever since at least Burning Crusade. I think they called it Blood magic back in Warcraft 2 though.

I was waiting for Ner'zhul though, i'm hoping if a sequel is made they'll learn their lesson and focus it on spooky scary Draenor and Burning legion shit.

I really wished they had spent more time on the corruption of Medivh and the horde and less on Lothar's and Llanes quibbles

Like I said, once you turn your brain off to the fact that its titled Doom, its a fun generic scifi

All the non-square-jawed elves look like chinks and you know it. ffs the night elf architecture is asian as fuck and you know it.
its gonna reach 500M global for sure user. The question is if its gonna make it to 750M and beyond, and if burger market is gonna ge into it.

>burger market is gonna ge into it.
Nah, they're all about muh realism what with Game of Thrones.

This was honestly the thing that annoyed me most in the movie. A fucking gook? Seriously wtf

True, i'm not sure why they didn't hand wave that the ancient Martian race they stumbled across had built some sort of gateway to allow them to cross vast distances in the universe only to get invaded from a Hell like alien dimension, leading to their extinction only for humans to arrive millions of years later and open it back up. Easy story change, wouldn't require much extra, the monster possiblities are better because they can be lovecraftian horrors

I just watched this movie and two things stuck out for me personally.
The first was the opening scene with the human and orc doing battle with the narrator giving the one line all fans know best. Gave me Warcraft 3 vibes and pulled me right in. 10/10 opening scene.

The second scene was the birds eye view pan across the several different battlefields as combat was happening in each one. That gave a very nice feel of the RTS origins of Warcraft. 11/10

The rest of the movie was actually really meh. A few scenes with the female half orc made me yawn

Gotta throw a bone to those chink gold farmers working less than $10 a day.

>MFW people think they're Night Elves.

I enjoyed Durotan and Medivh the most DESU. Although if anyone else watches the show Preacher, anyone else notice the actors who played King Llane and the Queen are also the two main characters from Preacher as well? Are they like married in real life as well?

They aren't?

>168 million foreign
>doesnt even have any figures for domestic ticket sales

Funny, thing that annoyed me most is that the black guy survived until the very last moment they could have killed him, and then they did. That wasn't enough for your Sup Forums jollies, you gotta complain about the smartest race having individuals that look like Asians? I mean, that's asinine on multiple levels.

I honestly was shocked a major studio release kept as much from the games as it did. Gul'Dan especially feels completely contiguous between the Warcraft movie and the ingame cinematics from WoD

They're night elves who fucked off because they still wanted to play with Arcane magic.

Night elves are dark trolls exposed to titan blood

No ya dingus, they're high elves. Night elves didn't show up until much later.

The director's original idea was to make a movie about humans and another about orcs. It's strange to see a director actually not shiting on the game his movie is based in.

After seeing some pictures of the movie here I expected it to look like WoW-tier shit, But armors and all actually looked good. It felt like one of those neat cinematic movies from the games, trying to keep the characters faithful to the game models and mechanics. Not a masterpiece, but you could feel love was put into it.

The opening scene was perfect and the only really glaring error is when Garona is talking to the king at the portal and everyone around them is fighting in slow motion but they're talking normal.

7/10 can't wait for the Lich King

>he thought they were night elves

Just saw it. I actually really liked it. Please tell me a sequel is on the way Sup Forums

It will win no awards, but it was just fun

RT are "XD WE'RE SO NERDY" types.

Saw the movie today. It was fun, the best adaptation that fans could hope for, and wholly enjoyable.

It's possible you sorry lot can't enjoy anything anymore. What a pity.

I really hope so, I'd absolutely love to a movie version of Beyond the dark portal showing first Stormwind being destroyed, a retreat to Lordaeron, followed by a human army going through the Dark Portal. The climatic finale would be Ner'zhul opening the gateways into the Twisting Nether leading to Draenor being ripped apart. Depending on the movie length the B plot can be Thrall coming of age and finding the exiled Frostwolves

You're past redemption!

Can we really talk about why there is going to be a fucking Deepwater Horizon movie

What the flying fuck

does anyone know why the shoulder pads are so ridiculously huge on fantasy armor? it just looks retarded

The only thing i didnt like was how they glossed over character stories and changed details. Llane, medivh and lothar have been friends for their whole lives and medivh went into a coma for 30 years, not acted funny for 6. Thats when sargeras got to him. Also khadgar was supposed to age rapidly from medivhs magical assault.

I dont' know, Garona in that tight black leather outfit with cape made me want to do things that Sup Forums would frown upon.

She dindu nuffin

I was irritated to see Dalaran flying prior to Arthas shoving the scourge up its ass.

Googling it says an estimate of 70mil, but no official number yet

Humans don't even know Night Elves exist since there on the continent of Kalimdor which is in the west(humans are on the eastern one), and don't make an appearance until Warcraft 3. If anything the Night Elves should of been Asian, since they look more the part then High Elves who are are what is pictured.

Warcraft III/WoW influence

Paula Patton is hotter in other movies.

The orcs were savage as fuck and I loved it. CG done right if you ask me.

Pauldrons, niller.

Welcome to my ruse cruise how can I help you? :^)

Best part of the movie was seeing Khadgar get continuously bullied. Fuck him and his Abrogator stones

The elves from the Eastern Kingdoms are high/blood elves who use arcane magic to the point of becoming dependent on it, while the elves from Kalimdor are the night elves, who after Azeroth's first run in with the demons or "fel" decided to fuck off to the woods to become druids and shit

Grom doesn't drink the demon blood until the Second War.
In fact, he doesn't step on Azeroth until then.
He drank the blood when he was 17 years old or something like that, so in this movie he should be a fucking infant.

>Oh and bring me [Blackhand's Severed Arm] too.

More or less. One thing I liked in the movie is that they didn't do the "fantasy duel", AKA they hit each others' swords for 5 minutes. A real duel would pretty much go that way, AKA they charge each other and one guts the other.

He was in the flick. Kargath too. I was impressed by that even if they didn't have any lines.

A Elantnpisses youmoff, but the niggers don't?

Was that "my nigga" Aegwynn in the black cube in Dalaran?

Grom Hellscream was actually pretty young in the film., looked like young teen warrior

I was actually pissed off that the theater was almost full because I'd been counting on it being empty enough to not get caught when I inevitably lost the battle against my urge to jerk off to the orcs. Drew blood biting my lip whenever Durotan's meaty fucking back came on screen.

>TFW I was expecting Durotan to survive the fight.
>"Oh, well, h-he sacrificed himself, b-but now the horde won't serve Gul'Dan and..."
>MFW the horde falls back in line and his sacrifice was almost useless.
I expected this to be as cliché as Lothar's son dying but they did it pretty well.
Also I like all those situations where it looks like the main characters are fucked and they're fucked indeed.

If it makes them a few hundred million in profit they probably will, it's well on its way. Honestly they have a goldmine of good stories. Just translate the story arcs of Warcraft 3, burning Crusade, and the Lich King. easily 3 good movies right there alone.

It was either her or the First Guardian of Tirisfal

>Doom

Good action flick.

>Spirits Within

Great movie, don't know why they stuck the Final Fantasy name in there.

>Super Mario Bros

This is in the "so bad it's good" category.

>Also I like all those situations where it looks like the main characters are fucked and they're fucked indeed.
It would've been better if the orcs charged the portal to Stormwind and sacked the city.

The only part of Silent Hill I liked was when Pyramid Head rips off that broad's skin in one swipe. That was fucking metal.