I keep having this dream where Animal Collective puts out a new album called "Spirit I'm Gone...

I keep having this dream where Animal Collective puts out a new album called "Spirit I'm Gone, Spirit I'm Dead" It's just 4 songs, My Girls Are Gone, What Would I Want? To Die, In The Coffin and Alvin Is Dead
They are all around 20 minutes. It sounds like the originals but just 20 times darker in both lyrics and production also, In The Coffin has 10 minutes of Avey Tare talking about his innermost fears and what happens when you die after a few minutes of silence

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/idlxe0y1
flickr.com/photos/katinthecupboard/sets/72157624741773605/
flickr.com/photos/katinthecupboard/4982222881/sizes/o/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

might actually make this one

Danse is better than spirit

Wrong

Nothing is better than spirit

>Alvin Is Dead
>my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone my singing voice is gone
>for 20 minutes

>alvin is dead
>20 minute sample of avey trying to reach the lampshade

whoa it would be interesting to hear an AnCo version and even this

if Sup Forums wants to make something I'm down because chances are it'll be better than PW

I'm wanting this to happen, especially with how good TDOP sounded this would be just as cool, but were going to need some talented drummers because thats what really pieced STGSTV together so well

I think this could be better than TDOP

definitely, if they back away from the drone low fi hip hop, and do more of the harsh noise / frequency / piano riffs

if this starts to gain traction im willing to piece together a quick album cover we can expand on

seconding harsh noise and piano riffs, Sup Forums you wanna do this a second time?

I do digital art and I have something that looks like a brighter, pastel Fall Be Kind cover but I'm not sure if that's the aesthetic we're looking for

that would be amazing man, maybe have a graphic somewhat similar to the one on STGSTV in the foreground.

i played a bit around on audacity and slowed down untitled and layered it a few times fading in (similar to what cLOUDDEAD did on Our Name) and it is actually sounding kinda alright. i can upload it if people become interested enough

I'm interested!

I'm interested too

Can someone toss me a good angel graphic similar to the original one to layer on top, then? Or anything close that applies

i apologize for it sounding so similar, but it took only 5 min to put together lmao (because it is just basically it slowed down). but i suppose TDOP things were this bad at the beginning and look how they turned out.
i'll go looking for ones that have the same sort of feel attached to it

perhaps this shouldnt be 4 tracks and a blatant rip off of spirit, but maybe something more like f#a#oo where it tells more of a story of a child growing old in what to him seems a broken world.

ofc i forget the link clyp.it/idlxe0y1
also just kinda realised how poorly i constructed the second sentence.
what i mean is that TDOP had similarities to lift yr. skinny fists (in that 4 20 min songs with movements) but rather this could be 3 songs and could tell a story. the story being that of childhood and could start somewhat happy but each song delves deeper and deeper into ones own introspection as the noise starts to pick up and the pianos and comforting frequencies begin to fade

im the dude who keeps spamming, sorry lol, but i found a couple fitting photos, i put 3 together in a collage, and i suppose people can vote on which they like the most?

Sure, if you still wanted me to layer it on my Fall Be Kind lookin thing. Those are all great could I have the source sizes?

also I have an unlimited amount of ear-blood type frequencies, if anyone would like to have that to work with, beyond that that I have no musical ability here

dude these are perfect
either the left or middle one would be good

again same dude, sorry for spamming this thread but i'm really feeling the second one but its a really poor res photo, so i'll open it in photoshop and go over it.

dude that would be incredible! they all are the source sizes unfortunately.

haha you know why theyre so perfect? theyre by the same artist as who did the one on spirit; Dorothy Lathrop

It needs work but that is pretty good

i agree with you totally, but remember how bad the first attempts at tdop were?

I found more of her work here in better sizes flickr.com/photos/katinthecupboard/sets/72157624741773605/

working on something with the first photo of your collage now

oh brilliant! im downloading Adobe Illustrator to make some vector images, i'll attempt the second once its finish downloading.

i might not be here for this whole thread seeing as how i have school tomorrow and its the second day back, but idk, if this picks up traction make a general for it

also i believe the right thing to do is contact her if this does go through

just found out she died, so i suppose we cant contact her, but perhaps whoever has the rights to her art?

Yeah that's true. This album has huge potential

Would you mind making one for flickr.com/photos/katinthecupboard/4982222881/sizes/o/ too ?

of course, starting work on the first one now and i'll start on that one afterwards :)
if anyone needs i can give out an email if anyone needs to contact me

forget that, I used the low-res one anyway and I think it looks better and more like STG's cover

sure thing my man, mind if i see the photo?

here's a shitty draft. good concept?
still blending out star/dots but do you think it'll work alright

hold on, it looks miles better properly sized

o fug!!! dude that looks so good!! ngl it would be a bit better darker but thats incredible!! i'll give u a screenshot on my progress lel

havent done too much, but even if its not used im having fun doing this, even tho i have to be awake in 6 hours. i think imma go to bed soon so hmu my email is "ikgbpgi" at gmail

Will do, thanks for the vectors mate.

Anyone who'd like to pick up a track feel free and show us what you got

bit late but dying at "what would I want? to die"
a+

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.
The problem is that Animal Collective are a special kind of unlistenable; their albums don't reward active engagement, but they don't make good background music, either. Their brand of twee is cloying and grating like an attention-starved, sugar-crashing eight-year-old who wants you to admire his finger painting, while you're trying to wash the dishes.

Definitely the middle one

still far from finished but i plan on working on it more tomorrow

'fore you go, you mentioned it would look better darker, Darker how? You mean the overlayed art opacity or background?

how about a double album of noah getting his ass kicked

shit that's pretty, I don't know if it goes with the style of STG but damn nice job

sorry left, but I had one last check. the background imho should be a bit darker like the background of spirit

o fuk, that looks so mad, was planning on improving on it tomorrow but that does look pretty dang good famalam

second darker draft, don't know how I feel about it

bump

personally I think it's really good and you've done an incredible job!! but if ur not happy with it then u can always go back, because ur previous drawing were just as beautiful tbqh, you just do u man :)

VERY NICE
VERY NICE
VERY NICE

I want this to happen

I was thinking bout working on this but eh, idk if Sup Forums needs two dark fan albums within this close of each other.

thank you based user

bump

Anyone know the fonts they use? either stg specifically or in general