Fantasy Football 2016

Have my draft in about 45 minutes and i have the 5th pick, who should I take? Gurley or Freeman?

And what's up with WRs going so high this year? I get the logic behind it but is this something we're going to see continue into the future or is this just this draft's flavor off the month?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoincreateteam?leagueId=4203657&campaign=sp-nf-fc-em-em-1300646&leaguePassword=eliteflacco
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the WR thing is here to stay, a lot of teams have RB by committee now and throw the ball 50x a game anyway.

>Freeman

Anyone know any open leagues? Can't find any to join.

Well last year RBs all went highly and they were mostly busts considering their draft position. WRs are consistently producing more points. Antonio Brown has been the most consistent point producer the last 3 years. RBs are injury prone and coaches tend to go with the "hot hand" in many cases to keep their carries down so they don't get injured as frequently.

Also, when backs are run into the ground (a la Demarco Murray in 2014) they tend to not be so good the next year, further reducing their reliability.

The only relatively safe bet this year at RB is Gurley. Literally every other RB has some sort of issue you can bring up as to why they are not a safe pick. Even AD can't be considered completely safe because of his age and because he has become shit in the passing game.

Also like said teams are just throwing more. Even young QBs are being expected to throw a fuckload and the passing game is used far more in the red zone now. Passing TDs are at an all time high.

By the way, Freeman is a second rounder in 12 man leagues, he tanked towards the end of the year and is unlikely to produce unreal amounts of TDs like he did last year.

Wait till after the third week of the preseason, that's when everyone starts joining.

we draft tomorrow around this time

League ID: 4203657
Password: eliteflacco

Join here: fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoincreateteam?leagueId=4203657&campaign=sp-nf-fc-em-em-1300646&leaguePassword=eliteflacco

i drafted gurley 2 overall fuck niggas wuuuuuut

Bump

I only have 1 QB since I missed my league's draft

Is Fitzpatrick a good pickup as backup? Ive had success with him before and he was decent last season. Only other options are Alex smith, Bradford, and Cutler

hey dummy. accumulated fantasy points in reg & ppr liggs. there are no more marshall faulks. antonio brown & odell beckham will win you a ligg.

laveon bell might be close, but uhhh suspensions. and you could overrech and take a dallas or az rb and they're gonna split downs so much...

>gurley... on the 7-9 team in nfc best. and now in carls jr ads. i'd take hyde or johnson or rawls before that poor guy who will be dead by week 4 keeping their mediocre coach afloat.

Wide receivers score a lot of fantasy points and in the first two or three rounds there are a lot of WRs who can produce just as much as an elite RB. You'll be seeing WRs going early a lot more in the coming years.

I personally don't like the idea because there's so much depth at WR while RB only has a handful of reliable producers, but some people seem to be able to mask deficiencies at RB with a couple elite WRs.
I usually like to grab a couple of decent RBs within the first four rounds because a lot of people really waste their picks and then are fucked having to take a couple of committee backs or second stringers.

things that people who watch espn and listen to matthew berry's gay ass podcast say.

kill yourself you eternal plebbe

are matthew stafford or tyrod taylor available?

P.S. you shouldnt carry two QBs on your roster. simply no need

Go with Smith, he isn't spectacular but solid enough, also he runs from time to time and those points are a nice addition

This. Even in standard scoring leagues I've been going RB, RB, TE in the first three rounds. The odds of finding a breakout WR after round 7 is much higher than for a RB or TE.

I also have been waiting super late for a QB. If I don't get someone like Eli in the 8th, I can wait until the double digit rounds and take a flier on someone like Carr or Winston.

I will draft Allen Robinson first overall if I have to.

Go Bradford.

You should never take roster advice from one or two "experts". Instead, use ADP and consensus rankings to take advantage of the Wisdom of the Crowds effect.

>tfw almost all my starters have the same bye week

Why did the Jews force me to do this, lads?

Pick 11 in a PPR 12-team league.

Doing a lot of Mocks, and I often find myself with Dez Bryant as a round 1 pick and CJ Anderson as round 2.

Can either of these fools be trusted this year? I have a hard time picking either of them.

Joined your league, but after actually thinking about it, I won't be able to draft at the time you're doing, let alone devote time. Unless you want an auto-drafter, I'll need you to remove me.

Team name: It Ertz when Eifert

Any suggestions for the 2nd overall pick in a 10 team standard ESPN league? I'm assuming Antonio Brown will be taken 1st

Read an article about how Mariota and Jameis' schedules make for a perfect platoon so I decided to try it but I feel like I fucked up. I had the 2nd pick of 12

QB: Winston, Mariota

RB: Martin, Hyde, Langford

WR: Brown (the one retard in the draft got 1st pick and took Cam) Allen, Baldwin, Fitzgerald, Treadwell

TE: Walker, Barnridge

D/ST: New England, Oakland

K: Santos

Julio is a safer pick, Odell probably has a higher ceiling but more prone to bust

d hopkins + j stewart for ezekiel elliot and amari coop

do you make this trade?

No.

I accept that trade, but I don't make that trade.

And to clarify why, J. Stewart is going to get vultured by Cam Newton for goal line TD's and is a mediocre runner at best at Carolina. Ezekiel Elliot is a risk, but is 100% the workhorse of that offense, and Amari Cooper is easily a near elite WR

the first 2 guys are mine so I will accept that trade

think James Jones is worth a pickup?
should I ditch Isaiah crowell?

>CJ Anderson in round 2

Loll yourself TBHtake Jamal Charles, learn McCoy, aj green, Mike Evans ETC all over that scrub

Accept that trade right this second.

Lamar Miller and Brock will not allow deandre Hopkins to reproduce last year. Make the fucking trade right now

dont pick up james jones

Post the format of the league OP

>my league
>10 team
>PPR
>Scaled points for defenses to make it worth having a good defense
>QBs get half point per completion
>had the 7th pick

I am really happy with how my team ended up.
I usually don't take a QB before the 8th round, but arod was still there in the 7th.

Mack??

What a shitty league you play in with all those nonsensical gay ass rules.

Just kill yourself

Hi new friend. When does school start?

Good decision. I'm 6th overall standard and I am praying he falls to me even thou there is a 2% chance of that happening but fucc

tomorrow, I'm nervous senpai

>tfw i have no friends so i have to try to find online leagues
>last year I got in a $25 league with an online community i'm a part of
>obsessively research for like a week before the draft with guides and all that
>during the draft i have like 5 sites open and take until the last second to make my pick
>obsess over the waiver wire and trades all season long
>trash talk a shitload in the league and everyone hates me
>make the playoffs as the last seed the final game but have the best and most balanced team in the league (had a rough start)
>everyone afraid to play my in the playoffs
>destroy the #1 seed first week
>lose by only a few points the next week because opponent had a few guys go off for like 40 each but scored the 2nd highest points that week
>lose the third place game by a few points for the same reason and again had the 2nd highest points total
>get no money back

i really want to play again but my obsession i get over it makes me not want to...

>half a point per completion for QBs
>team defenses score higher than top scoring actual position players

no dude he's right, fuck your stupid ass league

play with Sup Forums, we don't have friends and we don't stake...usually

thanks for the blog though

is this game free?

Things that are different are scary right?

is anything?

who would you rather have in ppr:

green, dez, or gronk

BASED CUTTY WAS GAME MANAGER OF THE YEAR IN 2015

your mom

t.r/all

green, dez, then gronk

im in
pepesilvia

Dude you're crazy if you think this pass heavy NFL isn't here to stay.

you don't need two QBs friend

streaming the QB position throughout the entire season is actually a perfectly viable strategy

the league Im playing in uses 2 QB's

I did something like this last year. Ended up snagging Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr pretty late into the season. It ended up well for me.

How dumb would it be to start Eli?

>2 QB league

kill yo self

Did an early draft. Posted this in >NFL but didn't get many responses.

>implying the crowd is as intelligent has my autistic formulas

I pay 89.99$/month for football analysis. Get gud scrub.

how to add players?

8 man league?

you called fitz a fucking backup you retard

i would go smith

10 man + .5 PPR

I'm assuming you think it's good. Weird. I thought I had an above average draft compared to some of the other guys.

If any of my flier RBs can break out, I'll have this shit in the bag.

is there any black K?

Raiders have a black punter if that counts.

12 team league, standard scoring

I have Todd Gurley as a round 2 keeper, and Jordan Reed as a round 11.

Who do I target in round 1? I'll have 11th pick. With Gurley at round 2, should I snag another potentially elite RB in Lamar Miller or LeVeon Bell? Or should I make sure to grab a receiver such as Jorday Nelson or Dez Bryant?

If you're sure Gurley's gonna fall that low, then I'd say snag Dez. Jordy's likely to have a great season but coming off of injury, Dez is just that bit more reliable of a pick.

Gurley is my keeper from last season, so yes, I'm sure he'll "fall"

I worry about Dez from last year, but maybe I should be more confident in him.

>Gurley is my keeper from last season, so yes, I'm sure he'll "fall"
what does this mean?

Sorry, totally glossed over you saying he was a keeper.

Upside for Dez this year is Romo is back from the dead, and is at least good enough to hit Bryant a lot, he's guaranteed a load of targets when the Cowboys are in a pinch. Prescott already looks a more reliable backup QB than Weedon or Cassell ever were.

If you're not convinced of Romo/Prescott, you may be better just gunning for Nelson, but the Cowboys can't be much worse than last year, so I'm banking on an up year for them.

The way keeper leagues work is you get to keep certain players on your team, except you lose that pick the next season.

He picked Gurley in the second round last season (srs risk btw), therefore he kept him and loses his second round pick this year.

As for the actual dragged, I say try and grab an Elite WR. I feel like there are
more sleeper RBs than people are talking about right now.

My league rules are a bit different. I picked Gurley round 5 last year, and with keepers, we keep a player +3 rounds.

So I drafted Gurley round 5, and keep him this year at round 2. Same with Jordan Reed at round 12, and now I keep him round 9.

It keeps people from, potentially, keeping star players from the season prior.

Or rather, rewards good trading or waiver claims. It's an incentive to keep players invested in the game, even if they aren't going to make the playoffs.

I can dig it. I haven't been playing for long but my long shots normally pan out pretty well so I'd love a league like this.

7th pick in a 12 ppr.

The mocks I've done so far have Hopkins falling there. Is he worth it or should I risk grabbing Lamar Miller early?

Hopkins I would say. Miller is going to relieve a lot of pressure of Nuk because defenses will have to actually pay attention to the run. Plus he has some other receivers that can make noise this year.

I'm a big Miller fan but I don't think you could dive that early for him. Even if you think Osweiler's gonna suck ass he can't be worse than the QBs throwing to Hopkins last year, so I think you gotta go with him. Wouldn't pick both Miller and Hopkins if Miller drops to you in Round 2 though.

Thanks for the advice.

I'm leaning towards a heavy WR draft. Hopkins, Evans, T.Y or Amari, and Edelman keep falling to me.

I'll be weak at RB tho. I really don't trust any one in a RBBC.

you may have to reach for a back like Latavius Murray in the 4th or 5th. Which isn't really reaching that hard.

The titan's RBs have been looking good as well.

Official Sup Forums Prize Leagues 2nd Annual League O'Manliness

1st place prize: $50
2nd place prize: $25

1 spot left in this 16 team league

12 Player Teams
QB / RB / WR(x2) / Flex (x2) / DST / K
3 Bench
1 IR

Draft @ Aug 27th 7pm EST

Serious Applicants only.
Reply with the answers to following questions:
>How long have you been playing FF?:
>How many Leagues are you in this Year?:
>Favorite Sports
>Favorite Teams
and your email

2 keeper league. Lose the round he was drafted in.
Antonio brown (3rd)
Bell (waiver, so 12th rd)
David johnson (9th round)

Obviously i keep brown, but do i go with johnson because of more games and healthy?

>tfw selected David Johnson as my keeper pick over Le'Veon Bell and Cam Newton

Lads I'm 53% sure I made the right call.

>over Lev Bell
>keeper
fug I don't know
good job not drafting the meme QB tho

I think it literally came down to the suspension, that's how tough a decision it was.

I've only done redrafts, so I've never made calls like that, so godspeed. I wish I had enough reliable friends to do a keeper.

I'm a British guy living in America, and I have not even the slightest knowledge of American football. Despite this, I've been persuaded to play fantasy football by some of my friends. Are there any good resources for learning how to do well starting from no knowledge. Should I just pick the consistently highest ranked? I'm hoping there is some website or software out there that will help me, if any of you know of something like that it'd be really helpful.

>How long have you been playing FF?:
this'll be the 6th year for me.
>How many Leagues are you in this year?
3, One friends league, and two Sup Forums mega keeper leagues
>Favorite Sports
Football, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Baseball
>Favorite Teams
Hawks, Falcons, Braves, Jags (i live in georgia, but within an hour of the bank, so i'm a jags fan by osmosis)

[email protected]

I was in the prize league a year of two ago and it was good times. Obligatory Fuck you to eddie lacy

numberfire is what i use, they're pretty solid and super fucking mathy

Rotoworld and nfl.com/fantasy
Listen to if you care more about winning than having fun and learning the sport, though

Sent

Let me know when it's free, gambling is for drunks and I don't play with people who have impaired judgment.

Autodraft & learn enough to hunt the waivers.

12 team standard, took Hopkins with #8 pick. How did I do? I'm nervous about my RB situation and Jordy desu but I felt like I grabbed some solid handcuffs.

Work league expanded from 12 to 20 people

So now there are two 10 man divisions. Winner of each plays for grand final, runner up in each plays for third place.

Is this going to be a shit show? Separate pool of players for each division.

You need to work the trades with those handcuffs or hope for an early injury to one of the starters cuz damn...ur team needs some help

the fact you have AJ green, charles, and bell suggests you're either lying or drafting with absolute fuckwits

His WR depth is terrible at least?

>Drafting in a work league
>Offline over the course of a week when we get time
>Winner gets $50
>12 teams but 90% of them dont seem to know how to play (QBs & Defenses taken in the first round)

Here is my Draft so far
Round 1 - AJ Green
Round 2 - Lamaar Miller
Round 3 - Sammy Watkins
Round 4 - Thomas Rawls
Round 5 - Jarvis Landry

Sounds like it'd be fun if you actually like your coworkers. Wouldn't count on seeing money from it though.

Playing for about 10 years now, won for the first time in 2014.
Probably 2, plus some $1 Fanduel lottery games here and there.
This, luckswing, and golf.
Denver Donkeys, Natinals, and MD Terps.

My throwaway email: [email protected]

Please let me know, definitely would be interested in playing.