Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_record_progression_800_metres_freestyle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More events and more roids

Put sharks in the pool.

t. Katie

By not fixing it.

It's already fixed.

remove the appalling racial oppression that has kept brave POC out of the sport for so many generations.

require piss tests directly after a race
they have to do it infront of the camera/audience as well

He made it too obvious, probably regretted it.

Should have done like Bolts and slowed down at the end.

Since the USA didn't win every single swimming medal, there's still some improvements to work on.

Is fart propulsion legal?

Require the athletes to piss in to the pool as they race.

If their lane does not have enough piss, or has too much testosterone at the end of the race they are disqualified.

Jesus fucking christ

Holy fuck, i didn't know it was possible to win like that in swimming. She was lightyears ahead.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's caught doping, but that's probably not the case. She might be simply gifted, like Phelps.

>he

By gitting gud figgits

handicap the US somehow so it's actually competitive.

Guys how to meet Katie?

She doesn't want to meet you.

>like Phelps
Yes, a great American athlete like Mike Phelps and Lance Armstrong.

>It's a Russia complains about others doping episode

How long before the rest of her teammates stop returning her texts?

By banning the roids, anyone who beats a wr by a significant margin like that needs to have their blood looked at.

Basically this, anybody that swims knows there has been foul play, records don't get reduced by two seconds magically

>Russia
>others are on PEDs

Nice one, Ivan Drago.

>Ledecky destroyed the rest of the field with a WR time
>if she had competed with the men, she would have ranked 3rd last in the preliminaries
makes you think

Too OP, needs a nerf

No shit the men go faster, that isn't going to surprise anyone nor make them think
It's impressive that she could beat a single male professional swimmer

I'd think that would be the first thing that the IOC would think of doing. If they say she's clean, there's nothing you can do.

>records don't get reduced by two seconds magically
Doesn't happen often of course, but not like it hasn't happened before.

>banning roids
the IOC just waved the white flag by not banning russia.
should force ameriswims to share the roids instead.

could actually be good.

I think we should have more swimming events. There is clearly not enough.

>he

>russian calls other countries doping cheats

In swimming in modern times? It would be great if you could post examples

THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS SHE REDUCED HER OWN WR BY 2 SECONDS, NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S WR. Find me an example of such thing in swimming

The problem is that there are too many events, and they're all so similar that it's easy for one talented individual to pretty much make a clean sweep.

You could reduce the number of events - instead of having four different distances for each stroke, just have a 4x100m medley and an 8x100m medley, I guess you could also have the 100m freestyle sprint meme event and the open water stuff too. This would have the added advantage of freeing up the pool. It could be used for the diving too. Then the hosts only have to build one pool.

Alternatively, condense the schedule in such a way that each swimmer can only enter one event.

If it's some short distance like 100m, then of course you have a point. But if it's something like 800m, then breaking records by a couple of seconds, while still hard, shouldn't be impossible, even if it's your own WR you're breaking. Offhand I can think of Ian Thorpe doing that.

Actually it'll give you a better idea if you look at the world record progression. Here's the one for freestyle:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_record_progression_800_metres_freestyle

reduction of swimming events:

100m free/fly/back/breast
200m medley
400m free
800/1500m free
4 x 100 medley, 4 x 100 free
open water

done

>LIMIT EACH SWIMMER TO ONE EVENT

are you shitting me? why don't we do the same in track? that's retarded.

peaty 56.5 in breastroke during 100x4 relay was better than ledicky, just looks worse because the race is so long

he was literally 2 seconds faster than everyone else in a 100m race that's insane

holy fucking shit

our girl is literally perfect

I have very sensitive tastebuds, and I propose they all piss in my mouth and I'll report on whether or not they've been roiding.

By removing roided Americans from the competition

>T.handless man.

Reduce from 34 to 10 events. Get rid of the strokes.

i nearly agree, keeping the 200 free is a must though. the blue ribbbon event imo and the most exciting to watch.