Why does Aragorn have black hair in the first movie and brown hair in the third?

Why does Aragorn have black hair in the first movie and brown hair in the third?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Fairhair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Elf Pussy

Ranger Aragon is what you look like when you haven't bathed in months while in da woods.

Because it is wet most of the time user. It looks darker because its all joined together with water.

Also lighter colored hair makes for a better King of Gondor.

No one can be this stupid, I guess it's another bait thread then

Greasy unwashed hair always looks darker

yeah how fucking dare he make an innocent observation. ugh.

Rewatch the movies and then tell me Aragorn's hair color does not change throughout the later movies dawg.

Also, no, it does not have anything to do with his hair being wet. His hair color is very noticeably black in the first movie then brown in the third.

He was in his emo phase when the hobbits first meet him. By the time he's ready to become king, he's stopped dying his hair.

See and There's your answer, sperg.

lol his hair is greasy and dirty as fuck...

unless you have nice hair to begin with like on the bottom you wornt know what i'm talking about.

>ywn get a successor to LOTR
You'd think The Hobbit movies would've been an easy successor since they have less to work with.

Thats just silly. Even after he spends weeks at rivendell his hair stays the same dark color. What did the elves not offer him a bath?

It was definitely brown in all three movies

I dunno, filters I guess

Viggo Mortensen natural hair color is brown, Aragorn's hair color in the book is black, so he was probably asked to dye it.

By the second or third movie he probably didn't want to dye it anymore.

Just like how all the Lannisters in game of thrones had blonde hair in the first season to stay true to the books, and in later seasons they stopped caring.

dude, don't give creedence to this bullshit. his hair is brown from start to finish, ffs

Watch Fellowship and pause at anything moment Aragorn is on screen you literal fucking retard.

Lighting and Camera Filters.

The top one makes his hair look somewhat damp aswell.
I have the same hair colour, when it gets wet, it goes full abyss black. And in certain lighting.

maybe you need glasses or are color blind. People with medium to dark brown hair ALWAYS look like their hair is black when it's wet or greasy or in dim lighting.
this shit is from fellowship. Looks pretty fucking BROWN

>argentinian
>white

All the movies were filmed at the same fucking time.

They were shot in 274 days and there was also pick up shoots every year from 2001-2003.

But it's not like they made the first movie, then waited a year, then filmed the second movie, then waited a year. so he didnt see the success of the first movie and be like, fuck you, i dont want to dye my hair and you cant recast me. it's s stupid theory

Far overrrrrrr

THE misty mountains cooold

from dungeons deeeep
and caverns ooooooold

;____; it's already been four long years since I made a fool of myself getting hyped.

Except all the Lannisters still have the same blonde hair, you stupid faggot.

cause you're a disgusting pleb
it was pretty obvious it would be shit

I'm glad I didn't get hype for one second about that stinking pile of crap
I even remember a guy mentioning it and me being "what you're ACTUALLY hyped for this?" because I sort of respected his opinion on nerdy things and thought he'd be at least skeptical
haven't spoken to him since, I hope he also hated that garbage

If you think the lannisters still have blonde hair you're literally fucking blind.

Rewatch season 1 and fuck off please.

Exactly.

what is a lannister

what is google?

Not really. If you watch the very first episode it's surprising how blond Tyrion is. I can't remember Jaime off the top of my head but I think he's noticeably blonder as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Fairhair

he loved a girl named gyda but she told him she wouldn't marry him unless he became king of all of norway, so he embarked on a campaign of conquest over many years. when he finally washed his hair of grime and dried blood after years of battle, his closest advisors were shocked to discover that his hair was blond, not dark brown.

he then knocked those boots.

I would settle for a decent screen adaptation of Orlando Furioso. It'd make a kickass HBO series.

>paladins versus saracens
>evil wizards
>magic swords
>gaints and hippogriffs
>ruggiero saving angelica from the sea monster
>the battle of ronceveaux pass

It would be so fucking good.

Because that's what happens when you Return of the King.

Top picture: hair is wet, dirty, unkempt

Bottom picture: hair has been shampooed with Loréal, conditioner, blow-dryed and straightened

He washed it

You guys know that northern euros with brown hair can have it get lighter from the sun right?

In the first pic he likely hadn't washed his hair in a year.

underated comment

Fine hair is thin enough that light shines through it, lightening it.

Fine hair that is wet clings together, causing the bundles of hair to be too thick for light to make it all the way through.

Fine hair that is unwashed and a little greasy will do the same.

Early Aragorn was an unwashed vagabond.
King Aragorn was brushed and polished for a coronation.

If I have to explain further than you are too stupid for it to be worth the effort to teach you. Stupidity is always worth insulting, though.

Did anyone else notice his hairstyle changed completely when the left for the black gates?

>people actually believe this kind of shit about olden times
people cared about how they looked
if he got some mud in his hair or something, he would surely wash it out ASAP at a stream or something, probably regularly regardless of anything

This guy kinda gets it.

Nothing is more important to color on film than lighting. The top pic in OP is shot with a drab, grey value that flattens everything. The bottom pic is a rich golden hue that pops the highlights in Gorny's hair and makes him standout from the background. It's light, bitches! Fuggin light!

Its not black you idiot fuck, its dark brown
you only notice is in some lightings

Rinsing mud is one thing. Soap, however, was something else entirely. Most believed that the oils produced were healthy and wouldn't want to remove them even if they could, which most them could not. Soap was so novel when it became fashionable that it had to be sold with instructions.... in our reality, that is.

thing that EVERYONE forgets/ignores is that this is not our reality. Yes, middle earth is supposed to be our globe at some mythic point but we all know it's an imaginary world. It's history is unlike our own and, thus, it's cultures are unlike our own. As such, we are permitted or forced to project our paradigm onto the world. Done correctly, this projection lets us hold a mirror to our own biases and examine our nature. Done poorly, this projection triggers our aspie tendencies and causes us to hate of a franchise because "the world isn't believable." If you visit /tg/ you will see massive threads sperg and burn because people try to enforce their vision of an intentionally vague world on everyone else.

In this instance, we have no reason to believe that Aragorn hasn't washed his hair in a year, sure. We also have no reason to believe that he is trying for anything like a modern degree of hygiene. As painful as it may be for you millennial shits or spergy fucks, there is likely a middle ground and that middle ground is actually where the most likely explanation lives.

He rinses his hair as needed but rarely gives it a thorough cleaning. It's nor really necessary to do so when you live alone in the wilds and it takes time away from other, more worthy duties such a life requires.

>this
>blonde

He became whiter as he became more succesful
Or is it other way around?Who knows?Not me.

The elf, Maybelline, is to blame for this.

It's just the Unwashed Ranger Effect, clearly.

I think he got some of her cooties, you know the good kind that helps and makes a growing boy even Grittier.

His hair was darker in the first movie (not black tho), but it was also dirty, greasy wet, etc. Not to mention the whole "he was literally in disguise" part.