Japan's Teaser Ceremony

Japan absolutely invalidated the entire Brazilian closing ceremony with a ten minute segment.

streamable.com/t8a4

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/179707060
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-19/nbc-s-12-billion-olympics-bet-stumbles-thanks-to-millennials
youtube.com/watch?v=baR3-hFINzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Streamable goes to shit for videos longer than 5 minutes.

Here is a Vimeo Link, instead.

vimeo.com/179707060

I was looking for this too, fucking nbc coverage over here only just aired it.

That Japan segment was the best part of both ceremonies. Tokyo is going to be insane

they literally did shit all

congrats youre a weeb that loves vidya and anime drawings

Flashy but plastic.
I hoped for actual japanese culture instead of pop culture reference after pop culture reference as if it was an E3 presentation.

Wtf I love Japan now

>That inferior audio

Uh. Nah, that's okay.

I hate this website because japan could literally shit in a bag and you guys would lick it out

No one asked for your opinion, leaf.

>Plastic

More like polished and well executed.

Stay mad hue

You're fucking pathetic

leave it to Sup Forums fags to get wet over what was basically a mediocre E3 pre conference show.

>being THIS assblasted you won't be attending the best olympics in history

That's not saying much to be fair.

>topping a bunch of spics and niggers doing ogga booga dances

Big deal i could have fucking topped that. Give me 2 hours and some industrial glue.

go back to Sup Forums weeb

what the fuck was all that 3d stuff?

Fucking fantastic. I watched this live on TV and I couldn't believe how orgasmic the whole thing was. I had to turn it off right afterwards because I knew the hues would go back to their ancient nigger dances again.
I trust you to make the Beijing opening ceremony look like landwhale shit.

it wasn't that cool but it was done better than brazil
>better dancers
>better choreography
>better music

I'm excited over all the exhibition sports that will be at the Japan 2020 Olympics.
>100m Vaporwave
>Dakimakura toss
>Freestyle Loli Relay

Don't worry bro. During their opening ceremonies I'm sure there will be those drummer guys, samurai, cherry blossoms flooding the stadium, giant sumo robots, and that animal with the giant balls

Anyone remember when the London closing ceremony was shit too and the Brazil part was good? It's almost like they make the closing ceremonies shit on purpose so the teasers look way better in comparison to hype people up.

Fuck off Wang

Link to the London one? Never watched it.

At least we aren't Canada

>have rich cultural history to draw from
>uses pop culture references

And people say America has no culture

But the London 2012 Exhibition was shit compared to Beijing 2008 Closing Ceremony.

And the Vancouver 2010 Exhibition in Torino 2006 was lackluster as hell. At least that the Torino 2006's Closing Ceremony was boring too so we didn't lose out on that one.

And Pyeongchang 2018 Exhibition wasn't that memorable so I can't say it was better than Sochi 2014's Closing Ceremony since it had that crying robotic bear and the cheeky sendup to the Olympic Rings failure (which was a better response when Vancouver tried to do a comedy skit for the failure of the torch and it fell flat).

IMO, Beijing had set the bar for Next City Hosts Exhibition and that's why we're seeing more effort when we would have say 12 years ago.

So exhibitions who were better than the Closing Ceremony: Beijing 2008 in 2004, Sochi 2014 in 2010, Rio 2016 in 2012, and Japan 2020 in 2016.

Exhibitions who was worse than the Closing Ceremony: London in 2012 in 2008 (awkward dancing around a double decker bus, really?)

Exhibitions who were on the same level as the Closing Ceremony (aka mediocre as hell): Vancouver 2010 in 2006, Pyeongchang 2018 in 2014

The rest were really forgettable tier.

>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is this the culture you're expecting?

>Anyone remember when the London closing ceremony was shit too and the Brazil part was good?

No. I remember both being shit.

Hype that lasts 4 years?

Please, everyone was going HUE HUE IT'S GOING TO BE A DISASTER, but a lot of people on Sup Forums agreed that the Rio 2016 Exhibition was better than anything that was in the London 2012 Closing Ceremony.

Britbongs were constantly bootyblasted on how bad the Opening and Closing Ceremonies were.

so did americans watch the national anthem on nbc or stream? NBC did it so bad even my dad said the coverage was shit

Yeah, NBC really ruined the Olympics for the US.

Will they play kanedas theme in 2020?

>canadacucks

Brazil's preview in London was just Carnaval too and still the Dumont and Tom Jobim parts made you nerds have orgasms.

Japan wants to beat China's opening, so expect the most explosive and detailed opening ever.

>Tokyo's futurism respected worldwide for decades isn't culture
>ceremony inviting the world shouldn't use icons known to it

what was that song that played after shinzo appeared out the pipe and the light box things started dancing around the pipe?

Reminder Japan is future for mankind

Tokyo 2020 is first into the greatest age Japan becomes the next Roman Empire

Memes aside, their economy is pretty stagnant and birth rate is critically low.
Hopefully 2020 can bring them to full glory again.

what is the must win event for japan in 2020?

>futurism
>drawnings for virgins and video games for virgins

Baseball

Karate, Baseball, Judo

>future for mankind
>people who don't like sex and put work over human interaction
I will start WW3 myself to not let that be the future of our glorious planet

at least the ratings are reflecting their lack luster coverage

>Through 13 nights of Rio coverage, NBC had averaged a 15.0 rating (26.7 million viewers), the net's lowest figure since the 2000 Sydney Games, according to Sports Business Daily.

>be brazil
>dirty as fuck
>corrupt as fuck
>your opening ceremony is shit and hypocritical as hell considering how much of your own land you fuck up on the daily
>japan comes in with the memes
>devastates you on every single artistic front
>you just whip out a bunch of trannies and off tune samba music to end it all

>Tokyo 2020 bitches

Japan looks to the future instead of stagnating in the past

They had a livestream that wasn't delayed or filled with shitty commentary and commercial.

I was rather surprised by that.

>Japan looks to the future instead of stagnating in the past
So much that their beliefs in marriage is a major reason for the diminishing birth rate and the economic problem once the elderly population outnumbers the rest.

damn it would be amazing if the gooks get the gold in Japan.

happened last year in a meme tournament and it was hilarious. Especially since it involved a huge 9th inning comeback and japan had been rigging the tournament hard for themselves.

if it happens in the olympics the whole country might just sudoku

>NBC has held the American broadcasting rights to the Summer Olympic Games since the 1988 games and the rights to the Winter Olympic Games since the 2002 games. In 2011, NBC agreed to a $4.38 billion contract with the International Olympic Committee to broadcast the Olympics through the 2020 games, the most expensive television rights deal in Olympic history.On May 7, 2014, NBC agreed to a $7.75 billion contract extension to air the Olympics through the 2032 games.

Welp, we're fucked. Olympics exclusively aired by these dinosaurs for the next 16 years.

Maybe they'll gain some insight and post it to their MySpace page in 2018, eh?

that argument doesn't really invalidate Brazil being a 3rd world hellhole

Yea japan has a NEET issue, they don't eat trash and shoot people over 25 dollar trash heroin

They should show real japanese culture with a crowd of chainsmoking salarymen working themselves to death

>>your opening ceremony is shit and hypocritical as hell considering how much of your own land you fuck
i don't think there are 3 countries that can not do a hypocritical opening cerimony.
Are the japs going to say their people have problems interacting with each other as a result of focusing too much on work and honor when the part about working hard comes in the cerimony ?

>tfw no 3LDK

trust me its going to change soon.
look at this
and
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-19/nbc-s-12-billion-olympics-bet-stumbles-thanks-to-millennials

NBC had to show commercials for free because it wasnt reaching the promised audience. NBC is going to change. they have lost a quarter of its audience.

Although The only thing that worries me is that NBC thinks kids are stupid and that they we only care about whats on snapchat and the internet. they dont think millenials care about life sports instead of the fact that there tv product is fucking terrible

BR could focused so much on anything LITERALLY ANYTHING other then environmental shit

they fuck up the amazon on the daily

will japan focus on NEETS? probably not cause it;s not related to it's overall aesthetic

I mean Sydney could have focused on it's crippling abbo issue but it wasn't the focus of the message

Brazil went out of it's way to look like hypocrites

Butthurt chinks detected

youtube.com/watch?v=baR3-hFINzY

also
>Saturday, which featured track and field events and Matt Lauer's interview with Ryan Lochte, was the lowest-rated night of the games yet.

>NBC had a 3.5 rating in the 18-to-49 demo on Saturday, far lower than the 6.2 rating the same night of the London games had in 2012.

The whole "Green Olympics" meme they kept parading around in the opening and closing was just silly. And it think it speaks a lot about Brazil, Brazilian people are very fake and love to create a facade that is completely the contrary to reality.

And you're on the internet

Brazil is by far one of the countries that cares the most about the environment, most of amazon fucking is done illegally.
Just look at our renewable energy production and co2 emissions for example.
It there's any country that can criticize the world on environmental matters it's Brazil.

are the pros allowed to play? we could see some really crazy teams out of cuba and venezuela and shit

shut up already

SEE CAN YOU HELP ME JAPAN-SAMA OR ANYONE

I think pros are allowed but they usually don't play because the season is always during the summer. It'll probably be different for Japan in 2020 though.

I know minor leaguers played in 08 and 04 at least, and they're professionals. I want to hope that MLB will take a couple weeks off for this, but there's a 99% chance that won't happen.

Japan will likely use it's best NPB team and Korea it's best KBO team and other countries just local guys and minor and independent leaguers, just like the meme tournament I mentioned last year.

also just realized this means at least 4 more years before Otani comes over to MLB, since Japan will definitely want him to lead them. well it was probably going to be at least 4 more years anyway

>Pollution in Guanabara Bay, where Olympic sailing and windsurfing contests are scheduled to be held, is so bad that competitors have described it as an “open sewer”.

>In addition, Greenpeace found that more than half the wood from the two largest timber-producing regions probably comes from illegal sources. Amid all these pressures, another hotly debated one looms: a proposal to build a railway through the Amazon, which would not only cut through some of the forest’s least disturbed regions — potentially leading to more forest destruction and fragmentation —but could also pave the way for accelerated exploitation of their resources.

I could go on..oil spills, urban sprawl, corrupt goverment making it easier for illegal poaching and loggin

You have a choice brs...accept that everything is awesome in your country or fix it

Fuck off you nigger, the Tokyo Olympics in 2020 will be the BEST OLYMPICS EVER!!!!!

You mean the bay that hosts the port for the second biggest city in a top 10 economy doesn't have clean water ?
shocking

And yet those things are nothing compared to the absolute shitshow other countries are doing.
A polluted bay is a drop in the ocean compared to what your own country does daily.

>i don't think there are 3 countries that can not do a hypocritical opening cerimony.
Every single country can do it. Focus on your local culture, history, artists, heroes or just do general themes of competition, sportsmanship, etc. Easy peasy. The only reason the Rio ceremonies were hypocritical was because they decided to be preachy instead of welcoming and fun.

Rio was cucked at their own olympics, holy shit. Everything before and after just looked like dogshit. hahahaha

I think that Japan did all that pop culture stuff, because that's their idea of attracting a younger audience. Don't worry, there will be more dudes in dresses than Thailand at the actual opening ceremony.

Who is this Otani guy?

A couple of years ago I saw a documentary about racial tensions in Brazil. Although discrimination was not overt like in the US, the whole meme about being a racial democracy paradise was rather optimistic in some areas.

Seriously, fuck NBC. Stupid assholes showed the Israel flag flapping in the wind with other countries flags more than they did the USA flag. Hell, only time I ever saw the damn thing was after an event when the athlete held it up behind them.

huge sensation, rare two way player who at just turned 22 years of age is probably the best pitcher in NPB and arguably the best hitter as well. He throws 100mph, which is nearly unheard of for jap pitchers. Most people believe he can become an ace in MLB as well, and maybe even hit in MLB now as well

why are the nips so based?

Yeah, it's clear the J-pop, robots and anime were to attract the interest of young people. There will be enough samurais, bamboos and yooOOOOOOO in the opening i'm sure.

FUCKING EPIC

>That PM Mario

Ichiro Coaching?

I think destroying the lungs of the world are a little more fucked up than having a smoggy phonix arizona

or are you one of those "everything that is wrong is america" people?

cause you only have a case for that if your iceland which you are not

might want to fight with the Chinese you would have a better case because every "environmental breakthrough" Brs have done have the caveat of being overwritten by the government bribes

no, playing

>implying he won't go back to japan and enjoy mild success for 4 more seasons, picking up 5000 hits before retiring

Will Ichiro light the torch? Is there a more famous sportsperson in Japan?

They can't say it's their fault, that would put them in a bad position. It's the children who are wrong.

>Ichiro
Literally who?

Damnit I got hyped for something I have to wait years for... again

nip boreball player.

the game is big over there.

m Vaporwave
>>Dakimakura toss
>>Freestyle Loli Relay
Like this games couldn´t get any better.

is that a Zelda reference?

>black guy named Asuka
>Yamagata fucked up the timing

Really how many country's leaders would do something like Abe did? certainly not obama

im sure there's athletes with larger international fame

No, it's an actual Samurai reference.

>you are so much of a NEET neckbeard that you associate Japanese sword gestures with a video game instead of actual, real-life history

sheeeeiit..

i'd better commit sudoku..