Why scandinavians and anglos are trying to kill the world?

Why scandinavians and anglos are trying to kill the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/07/photogalleries/100708-radioactive-nuclear-waste-science-salt-mine-dump-pictures-asse-ii-germany/
theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/18/denmark-broke-world-record-for-wind-power-in-2015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what the fuck do you need so much electricity for?

>people in colder climates use more electricity to stay warm
S H O C K E R

Countries with unusually low populations are going to be misrepresented because all the basic infrastructure shit still takes up a lot of electricity, but there's not enough people to lower the actual per-capita consumption.

It's something to do, everyone needs a hobby.

so what happened with >muh cold resistance whiteness?

We produce our own electricity, and don't have any nuclear power plants.

Cold resistence, sure, but do you think it would be comfortable to go to bed at -20c? Also, water freezes below 0, we can't have that shit freeze.

by that logic the countries furthest south should also be red, yet the only one in the southern hemisphere that is actually red is Australia.

If most Argentines lived in Patagonia I'm sure their energy use would be higher.

>nuclear power plants
is that the world has come to, you alt-left faggot.

even if you have a single coal fired power plant, it causes enough environmental damage to equal 100 nuke plants.

>red is Australia
isn't australia hot as fuck?

Don't be so fucking moronic. The only places that are as cold as Finland or Sweden would be the southernmoost part of Chile and Argentina that have like 10k people living in them

we need the air-con m8

Turn the air conditioner down u killin the polar bears up here.

also it's obviously correlated with wealth

>We produce our own electricity
Like almost any country
>and don't have any nuclear power plants.
Then you must be polluting a lot

Not if one blows up

Funfact:
Countries are pretty close
Qatar 5th with 15,754.86
Kuwait 4th with 16,121.52
Canada 3rd with 16,405.71
but then
Norway 2nd with 23,173.62
The average norse uses pretty much the same energy of a spanish, an italian, a french and a brit combined

and at the first place with the crazy number of 52,373.88... congratulations Iceland!

More developed countries tend to use more electricity
what a surprise

>people in warm climates don't need to use airconditioning to stay cool

Nope, hydropower.

>There are close to 500 nuke plants operating in the world and there has been accident in 3 in the past 50 odd years.
Pretty decent safety standard, if you ask me.

what does Norway and Icelanders do with all this power?

Hydropower can be pretty harmful to the ecosystem . But I guess than in an empty mountanous country it wouldn't change much

wtf i hate electricity now

And those 3 accidents killed fewer people than coal powerplants in a single year

Heat needs the most electricity. You don't need to heat your home in India.

except it has the potential to poison the landscape for tens of thousands of years, and constantly produces waste which cannot be contained

The explosion, or the long term effects of exposure?

>powerlesstugal

>which cannot be contained
It can. And the waste can be reused as fuel

Cooling requires power too.

Both.

>poison the landscape for tens of thousands of years
implying shittons of carbon di oxide doesn't do that.

BTW, the exclusion zone is only 2000 sq. km.

Put it in a barrel and dump it in the sea?

daily reminder that it's a physical impossibility of having a nuclear explosion in a power plant.

no one does that.. absolutely no one.

Oh yeah putting a drawing is a great argument. There are places in which waste is store. I live close to one.

They used to before they started putting it in mineshafts which is just as retarded and shortsighted, and anyway pic related happening once is one too many times.

>drawing

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/07/photogalleries/100708-radioactive-nuclear-waste-science-salt-mine-dump-pictures-asse-ii-germany/

But Norwegian climate isn't that bad. It looks real comfy actually.

Muricans heat/cool their place 24/7

>below 10C
>comfy

oh shit

comfy

Finally

>Believing in memes.
I am a medifag, and houses in there are colder in Winters than in here.

If you aren't comfy under 10C then you're officially not white. comfy digits though

>oslo
>norway

What's wrong with Oslo?

Nah, I keep 2 fans running in my bedroom 20 hours a day. Also keep the window open sometimes. Also have to keep the radiator warm so as to not freeze to death, but my computer and my laptop both of which I keep perpetually on keep my quite toasty anyway.

theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/18/denmark-broke-world-record-for-wind-power-in-2015

>surplus in energy
>trying to kill the world

top kek

Same thing wrong with every European capital really. They also bitch about 50cm of snow while the rest of the country just deals with it

Being sweaty is gross, and it gets really hot in most of the US. It takes a lot of power to cool a 2,500 sq ft house with lots of windows.

>brown people getting angry and confused when confronted by the fact that living in cold environments objectively takes more energy to live in

I don't think the hallway light in my apartment has been turned off in like 4 years

Most Americans use fossil fuels to heat their homes.

t. HVAC tech

>People in countries with hardly any sun like Germany or Scandinavia subsidize huge, useless solar power plants
>People in countries with a crazy amount of sun like Qatar just burn oil for electricity

Really fires up those synapses

Literally nothing wrong with consuming lots of electricity unless the electricity is made by burning fossil fuels

Build more nuclear power plants right now

>They also bitch about 50cm of snow while the rest of the country just deals with it
Because, surprise surprise, big cities have a ton of people living in them, and if the highways and roads get blocked off by snow and they can't get to work, what are they supposed to do?
Mind you that public transport not only often also shuts down because of snow, but even if it doesn't then it will be past its capacity because everyone that can't take their car will now be using public transport.
If you live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere or even just a city where you can actually walk around and get to your job in a reasonable amount of time on foot, then of course snow isn't gonna be a big problem for you. But if you live in a city packed to the brim with people who might have to commute kilometers or even miles to get to their job, they're going to be pretty upset when snow completely stops them from going anywhere.
Of course people living in capitals will complain about everything, but I don't see how their complaints aren't justified when in a case like this it would basically fuck up their way of getting around the city.

>snow
>stopping anyone from getting anywhere
Wtf are you even doing over there? You do have snow-plows right?

Yes, feminist slow plows.
Of course the snow plows are going to do something about it, but when snow comes out of nowhere (as it did for us a month ago or so) then you're going to at least have fucked traffic for one day. If it snows even more during that time then that means the snow plows need to go out and plow more snow, which still means your traffic is fucked until the snow is gone.
>>stopping anyone from getting anywhere
You did read what I just wrote, right? Regardless of if you have a car or take public transport, you're going to get fucked by snow. Only if you're within walking distance of where you need to go is it not a major issue in big cities.

Are you retarded?

The number probably includes industry as well.
Iceland uses their almost free thermal energy for Aluminium production, which is very energy intense.
Sweden and Norway also have many industries with high energy demand, since power is cheap due to abundant hydro-power. It is a case of using the energy we have.
Also, as other have said, heating.

Yes, you get there a bit slower, but you still get there unless you're a retard that can't drive in difficult conditions. Or you have too few plows. that's just how it is. You sound like a capitalfag, this is not a major issue.

Elaborate.

You're really underestimating what kind of effect this has on commuting and public transport and it really shows that you've never lived in a big city. Especially considering you just said 50 CENTIMETERS of snow, which is a fucking lot.
>Yes, you get there a bit slower
If by "a bit slower" you mean between several hours to not at all, then sure. The only times you will only be a few minutes late is if you live within walking distance of where you're going.

>but you still get there unless you're a retard that can't drive in difficult conditions
I take it you've never seen traffic in your whole life because you live in a village with 200 people and there are only 10 cars?
What do you think happens when people need to slow down because there's slippery snow and ice on the road, and some (or all) public transport is canceled or delayed, and snow plows need to clear the road before you can even try to drive over it? Then make it 3 times worse because EVERYONE would rather drive or use public transport to get where they need to be rather than walking or cycling there.
If you're being entirely LITERAL with what you say, as in even if it takes you 5 hours, you CAN still get there, then fuck off with your assburgerspeak.

>this is not a major issue.
It's also not an issue to you that people in Africa are starving, but I don't think asking them to stop complaining because YOU'VE never starved is going to make their situation look petty.

I have never been more than 1 hour late, public transport never gets canceled, and at worst they skip some of the worst stops so you have to walk. And here at least the plows will be out clearing the roads as soon as heavy snow-fall starts (even at 2am) so it never accumulates so much that you can't drive at all. Either you are the problem, or the other people in your city are.

yeah, but the weather in most of argentina isnt that different from much of the USA. Buenos Aires sint that different from North/South Carolina, and most of the Pampas are a farming region similar to the Mississippi basin where you grow Corn and Soybean.

>omfg we're at the second highest grade on energy consumption per capita
>oh wait,

Stuff.