Meanwhile, in the world of THEATRE

Meanwhile, in the world of THEATRE.

>no one ever said Ron had to be ginger

>no one ever said lets go to the theatre

It specifically says hermione is white in the books. Not to mention all the front covers.

Theatre is a bit gay tbqh

Why does anyone care? Oh boy, an off broadway show with a recast character race. Wow. Next you'll tell me white guys play Othello. Or actors playing the other gender? That's unheard of in theatre.

>following harry potter after the 7th book.

people should kill themselves

It actually does state that Ron is ginger. His whole family is. It's the one defining physical trait he's given

Where?

I love how in denial Rowling is about it.

>no one ever said a poo prism was possible

This is all the proof that Hermione is white in the books?

>All those times she was called Mudblood

I am very triggered by this.

book covers always showed her white.

>book says Hermione is white
>covers on all the books have Hermione as white
>official art promoted by the author herself back when it was first brought out had Hermione as white
>suddenly she's black
kek

Official Art and Book Covers had her as white LONG before the movies were even an idea.

Nope. There's this too. I think there might be other mentions in the text as well but I'm too lazy to find them.

Basically, Rowling is going back on her (extremely well-written) works in order to score some brownie points with the sjws

I would have no problem with all this if it weren't for that one image.
Rowling is clearly just being overly pc about all this and probably felt excited to try and own everyone with anti racism or some dumb shit. No Rowling, you're just fuggen dumb.

For fuck's sake, this. It's theatre.

Does anybody hate Rowling for claiming dumbledore as gay?

all the time i liked powerful, intelligent, /r9k/ tier alone sad grandpa who kept an eye on harry.

Suddenly one day in news - "Rowling says that dumbledore was gay".
everybody goes wow, so progressive.

>brownie

That's a bit racist.

>Suddenly one day in news - "Rowling says that dumbledore was gay".
>everybody goes wow, so progressive.

It's not even hinted at him being gay in the books. She just needed some free publicity so she told a newspaper he was a sausage smuggler all along.

Weasley's have red hair, so they'll cast someone like this as Ginny

God forbid it's not like they recast Othello as WHITE before!

Oh wait...

>Theatre play

who fucking CARES??

>she does not have to be white
That is fair enough though.
I only got annoyed by the stupid fucks who were arguing she was always meant to be black.
I am pretty sure rowling imagined her white given everything we have seen but I don't mind a black hermione.

What is your reason exactly? Apparently he's not gay on her own impulse to get attention, he's literally just gay.

>(extremely well-written)
user, I think that ignoring Hermionie being white is stupid too, but let's not go overboard here.

WOW. britcucks B T F O.

Can't he still be an intelligent, powerful, /r9k/ tier alone sad grandpa who is also gay? I mean his sexuality has nothing to do with his character in the books or movies.

my reason is it was never hinted in the books like this guys agreesshe just wanted to be in the limelight, so she comes out with a sensational announcement.
she does it too often.

i am not saying i hate gays or dumbledore can't be gay.

i got the impression that he was lonely sad guy who was tired of his family, relations and focused on studies and learning about magic.(bit same like voldi).

now after 5 years if zoo becomes legal, rowling will come out saying that voldi was zoo too and banged nagini on daily basis.

No one said she had to be black.

tbph she probably just forgot what she wrote in her own goddamn book.

Yeah, but have you read the plot synopsis for this fucking thing? Black Hermione aside, if they pull this off it's gonna be fucking glorious.

>No one said Hermione had to be human.

>(extremely well-written)

What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of years ago when I was asked to comment on Rowling. I went to the Yale University bookstore and bought and read a copy of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing.

But when I wrote that in a newspaper, I was denounced. I was told that children would now read only J.K. Rowling, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than reading nothing at all? If Rowling was what it took to make them pick up a book, wasn't that a good thing?

It is not. "Harry Potter" will not lead our children on to Kipling's "Just So Stories" or his "Jungle Book." It will not lead them to Thurber's "Thirteen Clocks" or Kenneth Grahame's "Wind in the Willows" or Lewis Carroll's "Alice."

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

She was treated as she was a human being so she couldn't have been anything other than white.

This kinda irritates me. I have no issue with her being black in the play, but acting like she was ever possibly black in the books is stupid.

That's not a literal white face you goon, it's an expression for fear, like her face was pale. Rowling is a bad writer but she's not that bad as to literally describe someone's racial skin colour in a moment of panic.

Thanks /lit/ your ability to point out the obvious never fails to astound

I love how you're somehow defending even though it's all made up bullshit anyways, it's her character... fanboys (who are unsurprisingly mostly closet racists) never get this worked up over minor inconsistencies within their favorite franchise.

Nigga it's just theater, they do shit like this all the time, or do you get mad too when they do all male or all female versions of certain plays?

I agree with you, user, but I still think it's clear the character is meant to be white in the books and Rowling implying anything different is blatant pandering.

Like I said above, I'm cool with the black actress in the play but pretending book Hermione might be black is stupid.

>gay book dumbledore
doesn't he have a very obvious "fellow bachelor (maybe more than a) friend" in his backstory in the books? I feel like there was a pretty strong subtext for him being gay by the last two books and Rowling's announcement was a confirmation and not on the same level as "hermione is black now"

>brownie points
heh

Ok so do we need a press release that Snape and all the other adult male characters were straight? It was a bullshit SJW move.

Yeah. I got the distinct impression that he was more than bros with Gellert

The other adult male characters have obvious love interests. Snape was in love with Lilly, Werewolf guy was dating Trunks or whatever, Weasel dad had a wife, ect.

Dumbledore was pretty much the only male character where his sexuality was never really important, but it wasn't mentioned either.

Thanks for the delicious copypasta

I don't give a fuck that they cast some black women as hermione in a play

But holy shit, at least cast someone who doesn't look like a fucking train wreck.

Emma Watson is a massive 10/10; how did you go from her to this?

If you're adamant about casting a black women so you can appear progressive, at least make it an attractive one.

it wasn't a press release, ya fuckin trog. a fan asked if dumbledore ever found a true love during a Q&A and part of her answer was that he was gay.

Is Rowling actually claiming that Hermione was black? I get the impression that she's just ok with her being played by a black actress.

Also, Dumbledribble was definitely setting off my gaydar in HBP.

Trunks?

who cares?
do you guys go around and talk about this with people irl too?

Dumbledore's backstory is that he procrastinated defeating wizard Hitler because he had a crush on him

The SJWs have done it....they cast a literal ape in a theatrical production for diversitys sake.

It says she turns pink when she is embarrassed in the books. On top of that blacks cannot blush so she IS white

we wuz wizards n shiet
ey harry Befo' you know it, i be done aced de tesses

>*after the third book*

>progressives so uncreative they can't make their own characters
>take whatever non-specific race character they can and use that instead

no, when you put your art to the public it stops being completely yours especially if you made them pay to enjoy it.
Just look at george lucas, he shun everyone who didnt agree with him and look at what happened

I still fail to see what's the problem. It's theater, nobody cares. No one would have made any fuss about it if people just let it go by. Plays with far more edgy shit have been going on forever. Like a woman jesus or something.
Also the main problem you guys have isn't the skin color. It's just that she is piss ugly. The reaction would be milder if the actor was a black qt. Well in that regard, she is closer to Hermione than Watson.

Let me start off by saying that there's nothing that bad about this on a surface level. It's not like Hermione's race is sacrosanct - it's a fucking children's book series. It doesn't matter It's the motivation and the potential precedent this could set that pisses me off.

It is an absolute fact that for the past fifteen years, every human being on planet Earth has associated the character of Hermione with the image of Emma Watson. Casting not only a black woman, but a black woman who doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to Emma Watson in the role is a completely bizarre idea. It would be like casting an older Harry Potter and giving him blonde hair. Everyone would say, "Hang on, why does Harry have blonde hair now?" and it would be incredibly distracting and strange.

I suppose if you really, really wanted to cast a black Hermione for some weird creative reason, you could, but to think that this was a decision rooted in an artistic vision or a desire to somehow help black people is to delude yourself. This isn't the result of some nebulous progressive agenda, and it definitely has nothing to do with art. This is about money. They knew full well that making such a ridiculous casting choice would generate a backlash, and in a time when the media narrative of "internet nerds" as a vicious pack of mindlessly misogynistic bigots is in full swing, it's pathetically easy to disguise the inevitable backlash as some kind of knee-jerk racist reaction on the part of those evil cyber-bullies. So not only does the theater company get to star in its own little miniature drama, where they fight a pointless battle against an imaginary enemy, but they also get heaps of empty praise and incalculable amounts of free publicity for a production that is running the risk of only appealing to a relatively small audience.

Black Hermione is a scam. It is insulting and bald-faced and if it works then expect to see a lot more shit like this real soon.

>No one said Hermione had to be white.
No one said she had to be an ugly she-boon either.

its bait to get seats full user. Nobody cares about it and that monstrosity will never get anywhere near the big screen

Her being black isn't the issue. Her looking like a hideous monster is the issue.

They have literally gotten the ugliest negroid they could find for this role. Even the Ghostbusters gorilla is more attractive.

Do people really care about the race of a character in a who-gives-a-fuck stage play?

yeah, apparently enough to turn her black

Jews give me millions of dollars, so it's okey guys.

Hermione could be a nigger.

If they wanted to get a black woman to play Hermione, couldn't they have at least chose someone that isn't ugly as fuck? Look at her fucking smile, it's sickening.

Makes sense, really. Why do some people gotta be mad?

She's already a mudblood, it's not that much of a stretch to make her a mudskin as well.

The books literally have her on the covers as a white girl, from before the movies came out.

She's white, though.

>I'm a pleb and therefore am only capable of make an argument based on ethos by regurgitating the opinions of others.

WE

So are we to assume that Rowling didn't give descriptions to illustrators and oversee the film?

Was white Hermione merely the work of a cover artists guesswotk, and everyone, including Rowling, was too polite to say something?

It's right-on PC bullshit. Everyone knows it is, the fake smiles are as blatant as the liberal hand-wringing saying 'please believe Im not racist even though I'd kill myself if a family of loud smelly nignogs moved within 2 miles of my postcode'.

You know what bothers me is they cast an ugly ass bitch who can't talk and care barely speak.

I've seen her on several shows and she is absolutely terrible. Her big teeth of her makes her sound like she's talking while chomping down on some watermelon.

The irony is that by complaining about "representation" and "why couldn't she be black?", the fans are admitting their own racism by an inability to identify with a white character, as hermione is clearly serving as a self-insert for these people.

WUZ

It's fucking uncanny

If they wanted to have a nigress, it could have been at least a pretty one

WIZARDZ

I don't think black people become pale. They have black skin you know

fragile white egos so butthurt that hermione's endearing and noble traits are being ascribed to someone with darker skin.

lmao. it's like the mudblood racism message went over your heads. you "fans" should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

>white face
it's an expression of being horrified you illiterate nerds.

do you guys think a ripped guy could pull off this outfit irl

The most telling sign that Hermione was meant to be white, really, is the fact that Harry didn't automatically assume that mudblood was a racial slur when Malfoy called her one.
>Malfoy, you can't just call black people mudbloods!

Definitely.

No, because attractive black girls might be too threatening for their target audience of middle class white women.

Make an all white production of the Lion King play and see what happens.

he was also like 200 years old

probably couldn't find anyone he could reminisce with

non of this shit even matters
She is cannon white now after the movies

Rowling was an absolute control freak (maybe for good reason) when it came to her books. It had to be perfectly as she envisioned things. That's why she is white in the movies and in official art, because that's how Rowling pictured her. Also irc all black characters are mentioned to be black in the books, and Hermione is even mentioned to be white at one point (though it might not be literal).

Is that enough?

Cannons are black though.

This times a million

>it's an "George Lucas willingly surrounded himself with yes men for the prequels" despite going out of his way to ask other directors and writers to work on the project but no one wanted to work with Lucas for fear of their own careers because Lucas was blacklisted by the Director's Guild and Writer's Guild episode

Thesps of all colours should be thrown into a pit of fire. This is where the rich fucks dump their no talent, special snowflake kids.

>Lucas was blacklisted by the Director's Guild and Writer's Guild
was that the thing about not using the correct form of credits?

the problem is that britain runs out of white actors much like france runs out of white football players

>that face prosthetic
kek they can make real dolls and extra realistic prosthetic penises for transexuals, and this is the best face they could come up with for this guy?