Blessed with the powers of a literal death god

>blessed with the powers of a literal death god
>can magically and instantly cause the heart attack and subsequent death of any individual regardless of who they are and where they are, as long as their name and appearance is known
>still
>fucking
>gets
>caught
Only in Japan will you find this quality writing, folks.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/nat-wolff-death-note-netflix-keith-stanfield-1201793084/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well yeah, L kinda narrowed it down to that single prefecture right away.

Because he was arrogant enough that he wanted people to know about him.

For an anime that first season was pretty great. I was completely ready to hate it outright but after a few eps I was hooked. Goes to shit after L dies though.

Moral of the story was that power corrupts the incorruptible.

Then... they weren't incorruptible???

dude L finds the fucking city he lives in within like a few days.
Also the show kind of explains why he gets caught. Also His dad is leading the investigation about him, he doesn't want to just kill his dad.

Ill take a potato chip....AND EAT IT

i have no hope for the american adaptation

That's the point. He thought he was above it all. He wasn't.

That doesn't mean he was incorruptible, then. That just means he was a self-righteous prick.

Man you're dense as shit.

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

The whole point of "power corrupts" is to emphasize those who think having power won't corrupt them. They think they're incorruptible. Light thought he was incorruptible. He wasn't. It's a perception issue.

>Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...

B-but muh Wingard tho

Yea he was the perfect villain.
Totally methodical, intelligent and cunning.
The artist wrote himself into a hole, Kira was too perfect.

I don't really like anime but Deathnote is pretty good desu. Cowboy Bebop is still the best anime I've ever seen, but Deathnote is pretty enjoyable overall.

>Death Note wasn't aired on television
also, there's three movies and a live action television series you dumbass

his mind fell apart
his pride is what killed him

So it's not that power corrupts those who are incorruptible, it's just that nobody is incorruptible at all and those who think they are incorruptible often are the most corruptible.

variety.com/2016/film/news/nat-wolff-death-note-netflix-keith-stanfield-1201793084/

You're trying too hard.

The antagonist doesn't reveal his name until he is protected, or the protagonist would be incriminated if he died. Or something like that, I can't remember specifically. Regardless, the guy investigating isn't a drooling retard. I didn't particularly like it.

Nope.
L literally figured out it was him by like ep 7 even though he had no evidence at all

Tell that to Kanjiklub's snapped neck.

L figured him out because Kira kept playing with L, being baited and otherwise giving credence to Ls theories

Nope.
Ls theories were based entirely on hunches. Kira tied up every single loose end every time, but L still goes "nope, its him"

Only because Light was a dumb bitch who couldn't figure out that killing people in not only the same prefecture, but same country, kind of gives away his location.

Surprised there already wasn't a thread on that. Is the Netflix movie supposed to be the same story?

yeah man OP and everyone else were totally referring to the live action and the movies, there's a different board to discuss weebshit

>in hindsight I could do it better

You dense brick

They're the same fucking story with only minor changes. They're basically interchangeable, plus there's a new movie coming out you retarded piece of shit.

>he didn't write Trump's name

How can you fuck up that bad?

if only Light hadn't been playing Shadow the Hedgehog all week then he wouldn't have completely given himself away by going, "WELL NEAR, LOOKS LIKE I WIN" and spilling his spaghetti all over the place right before his brilliant plan goes completely to shit and he could have gotten out of that warehouse alive

He was too thrilled at having beaten "L" once again. I was kinda pissed though.

>he didn't write Krager's name

I'm not even a weeb but Japanese story writing is on average better and smarter than western story writing. Animes are great exactly for the reason that you never know if there will be a happy ending (=protagonist wins).

to be fair near was fucking retarded too, he just ended up being right
>hurr there's a guy on tv right this second that says he supports Kira
>there are millions of people that support Kira and I have no knowledge about this random person on tv
>this means I should put all of my very few resources and time into investigating this random stranger being interviewed because I am now sure that he is the second Kira
>he ends up being right and only won because he was looking at the tv at that exact time

Who was the feller on TV? I don't remember this.

the random prosecutor who gets the second death note and ends up ruining everything by being sloppy

Oh yeah. I'd say it was Light's fault for entrusting some zealot.

not really because there was no chance of the guy being caught

when you watch it again you can see that nears entire plan hinges on this random guy who he just saw on tv being the second kira, it's ridiculous