Give me good sci-fi movies released before the '70s. Just finished pic related and loved it

Give me good sci-fi movies released before the '70s. Just finished pic related and loved it.

The Black Sleep

Forbidden Planet
The Thing From Another World
Metropolis

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Thanks bros.

why does they have to be released bofore the 70s

because that's what OP wants to watch, are you daft?

I always loved 20 Million Miles To Earth. It looks really nice in color; watch that version if you can.

So he'll get pre-70's sci-fi, retard.

listen mate it's totally arbitrary i mean what if i know of a film released in 1971 which is made in a late 60s style suddenly i cant post it? thats super fucken gay

avoid the hitchcock ones, they don't hold up AT ALL.

>MGM's Time Machine 1960
>original Mothra movie
>Fahrenheit 451
>Fantastic Voyage
>2001 a space odyssey
>barbarella
>original planet of the apes
>the computer wore tennis shoes

those are a few watchable or notable ones from the 1960s

And what's stopping you from posting that? It's not like it the internet will break if you do

The spirit of OP's request is obviously that he wants classic sci-fi movies along the lines of Forbidden Planet, Fantastic Voyage, The Time Machine, etc. If you can think of a film along these lines then just fucking post it

Just post it if you think it fits. There's no execution squad waiting for you for angering OP.

You should still kill yourself, though.

It's to stop people from posting the obvious ones like Alien that are mention in every thread.

ohh i get it now thanks for the answer

The day the earth caught fire.

Genuinely GOAT 1961 Sci-Fi, the two leads are great, Munro is sexy as FUCK and based Leo McKern is funny as fuck.

USA and Russia both test giant nukes at the same time on opposite sides of the earth, causing the earths axis to change (kek). World gets hot as balls etc.

Mmmmmm Janet Munro

No foreign films. Thanks to everyone else who contributed.

I'm actually conflicted on what to list Gojira as. A sci-fi movie? An antiwar movie? A horror movie? They all kinda fit.

I've been neglecting sci-fi movies from before that era, I've seen a ton of them from the '70s onward but feel free to post more obscure post-'70s sci-fi if you wish.

No I would actually appreciate essential Gojira as well since I've only seen King Kong vs. Godzilla on VHS when I was like 5.

The Quatermass Series is P good you should check those movies out OP