Now that the dust has settled, why did it bomb? was it bad marketing, terrible scenario or mediocre human acting?

now that the dust has settled, why did it bomb? was it bad marketing, terrible scenario or mediocre human acting?

Warcraft, and for that fact most of Blizzard's gaming schlock, isn't the material to make film out of.

>implying it bombed already or will bomb

yawn... again with this thread? if you repeat it enough it won't come true, the movie was good lol and china and eu are loving it

i loved it, best CGI i have ever seen

Should have been 100% CGI, no human actors

Because it's sucks

You mean why it can't stop breaking records?
Because it's REALER than real life, friendo.

it was really good

I enjoyed it.

Definitely flawed but an alright 6/10.

Why did everyone bully Khadgar?

They throw a metric shiton of stuff at the audience and expect them to accept all of it.

It wasn't made for normies. However I took 2 friends that never played Warcraft and they followed it more or less fine

I saw it yesterday and yeah, the CGI was pretty cool, orcs were great but most of the human actors were spanish soap opera level and the story was pure trash. No conflict resolution, no nothing, just a gay setup for a Thrall centered sequel. Also shitton of plotholes, oversimplifications and basically it would make a realy fucking cool cinematic intro for some Warcraft game but pretending this is a movie you should watch in a cinema is pretty fucking retarded.

>why did it bomb?

Warcraft will make close to $300 Million in China, it didnt bomb. If you want to be more accurate, you would say it bombed in the US.

take it you haven't seen it?

if it wasn't for the bottom of garbage can budget it would be breaking 1 bil easy, and lotr 2.0

Why do you mongoloids care about the financial success of some product instead of it's quality? It's been proven countless times you can sell anything to the retarded masses as long as you market it right. Look at fucking Coca Cola, it's literally poison in bottles and sells better than bread.

Warcraft movie was a flop for everyone who isn't easily impressed by loud drum banging during ebin CGI scenes. Ofcourse you are going to get millions of capeshit loving imbeciles to rave about how great it is but if you have a double digit IQ the movie is a fucking flop.

>in line in a movie theater
>people in line talking about the two sequels for The Conjuring 2 and Now you See Me 2
>look up
>these people switch to Warcraft for some reason
>had my tickets preordered and they end up next to me
>they enjoyed it
Th-This is going t-to b-b-bomb fellas

I saw it and it was shit. Had a ton of dumb changes to the original story that were needless. Most of the film was taken up with travelling from point A to point B with little to no explanation for things. What is a Guardian? What is the Kirin Tor? If you're a fan you know these things. Then there's tons of exposition about random bullshit. There's just too much background shit going on in the Warcraft universe to make a good film about. It would have worked fine as an HBO series or some shit but as a movie it falls totally flat.

Not everyone's as autistic as you

>Movie is objectively bad
>Y-you're just autistic

The movie was fucking awful. Get over it.

no it really wasn't, just cheap production value

i was expecting it to be fucking dogshit seeing the trailers, but happily surprised

>not listening carefully to some of the characters describing the Kirin Tor
>not listening to "what is a Guardian" statement when the Heroes themselves are the Guardians and they make the whole statement clear nearing the end.

How brain dead can you be? you have to watch it twice to catch everything!

should have been more faithful to the source material
>no backstory on Draenor with Ner'zhul, Gul'dan and KJ
>no Blackhand as actual acting Warchief while Gul'dan rules from the shadows with the Shadow Council
>no siege of Stormwind
>no Gul'dan going into a coma after Medivh dies so Doomhammer could go full ham on Blackhands ass and take over the Horde building up for the second movie
>Hellscream was basically a fucking extra while Kilrogg was sucked up by the same blackhole as Ner'zhul

Unfortunately that would have made the movie too frustrating to see all that going on, not to mention the producers had to figure out the best way to maximize the base lore and keep it viewable by an audience.

Do you really fucking need a cliche "guardian of a planet that gives his title to a new guardian" explained to you in great detail? Nigger even had his own tower

Kirin Tor and Dalaran were explained; magic city and school where children are given at a young age to shroud themselves in magic. What more exposition do you need?

Did you watch the new mad max and complain how nothing was properly explained too?

The only redeemable thing about the movie is the production value. Everything else is shit. You are a retard.

The movie was great Sup Forums was wrong again as usual. Solid 8/10

The problem with the movie is that it's filled with needless exposition. We get scenes of Gul'Dan draining the life force of innocents with Fel magic. Then we get exposition on what Fel magic is like 20 minutes later. We know what it is faggot, we just saw it.

If you don't know the lore then you have no idea of the significance the Guardian of Tirisfal has. You can assume that the Guardian is some super powerful Mage but that's it. You also don't even find out what the Kirin Tor is until halfway through the movie even though they're brought up multiple times before hand. Meanwhile you get pointless exposition about things that you've already seen.

I don't even know what the fuck tirisfal is, I knew nothing about warcraft beforehand

what the fuck are you even crying about if you already knew the story and characters and places?

>You also don't even find out what the Kirin Tor is until halfway through the movie even though they're brought up multiple times before hand.
yeah and rosebud is revealed in the last moment what the fuck even are you trying to argue here

should every movie have an hour long introduction to the settings and places at the beginning?

>no conflict resolution
>movie is literally titled "the beginning"

it's literally not titled that

>what the fuck are you even crying about if you already knew the story and characters and places?

Because they fucking butchered the original story for no reason and do a piss poor job of explaining any of the world.

>I hate origin stories. I just want to get into the action.
>God these video game movies don't even feel like the game. Explanation of the world is so boring, just get into the action

>They throw a metric chiton of stuff at the audience and expect them to accept all of it.

Fuck you. Fuck you so much. You faggots will complain about ANYTHING. It doesn't matter if they just give you the movie, or have to explain everything. You will bitch one way or the other.

Do your fucking homework then go see it if you want to know shit.

Did Hellscream stay on Draenor until Beyond the Dark Portal, when we was working for Ner'zhul?

it's literally is. Also, it's literally the beginning of literally a trilogy. You literally autistic creature.