Why do people keep calling this a meme album?

Why do people keep calling this a meme album?

Most of It's literally two songs mashed together to make one cohesive song.

And songs like "The Starting Line" and "Annoyed Grunt" are practically plunderphonic tracks.

So what's meme-y about it? Is it because it's humorous?

>Is it because it's humorous?

That and Cicierega himself has been known to be a somewhat competent meme-master.

uh because its le mashup le remix album
because of the numale looking hipster guy on the cover pointing to his mouth trying to look smart

just some ideas

>this post

I get that but that doesn't make sense for the content on this album itself to be labeled as a "meme". I know Neil has been making memes long before memes were even a thing but the album itself doesn't seem that way. It's just a damn good mash-up/plunderphonics album that just so happens to be humorous as well.

>mashup album
>mashup album by Lemon Demon
>humorous mashup album by Lemon Demon
>humorous mashup album by Lemon Demon that uses "All Star" repeatedly
>humorous mashup album by Lemon Demon that uses "All Star" repeatedly in addition to "Smooth," "One Week," "Kiss from a Rose," "Wild Wild West," and "Down With the Sickness"
>album cover is Lemon Demon making a silly face
>album is very popular on youtube and Sup Forums

if this is not a meme album, then there is no such thing as a meme album

>trying to look smart
Its fucking Dr.Evil

>anyone with glasses is a nu-male
>implying a mashup album can't be good

You're a massive faggot with no taste.

Sup Forums calls literally everything a meme. Don't get too annoyed over it.

so its girl talk for autistic redditors

Is Pink Guy rap for autistic Sup Forumstards?

Considering Girl Talk hasn't done any major new music in over 6 or 7 years, the Mouth trilogy sort of scratches the itch. Not entirely though.

yeah

>Neil
>numale hipster
stop

I love Neil's videos and music, but it's pretty true.

because it's not a muh super emotional deep album, this triggers redditors

c'mon man I love the album and the other mouth albums but they are pretty fucking meme-y.

lol holy cow i say hes a numale and its mash up crap and you spergs freak out at me

typical Sup Forums

stay mad at us normies now yell REEEE at me and tell to me kill myself

lol

i have no taste and am afaggot cause i like things other than what im told is right by autistics on this board?

yes now yell REE and tell me to kill myself

us normies are here to stay

When will we get a vaccination to treat this numale epidemic.

The fact that you think this is meme-music just goes to show how underage you are (I cannot wait until you are banned). The fact of the matter is all of the songs mashed up in this album were very popular in the 90s, and a couple in the 80s. There is literally

NOTHING
O
T
H
I
N
G

memey about this album. It's a well made, great sounding album that those of us over the age of 18 are able to appreciate and enjoy (and discuss here legally) for the great creative piece of musicianship and workmanship it is.

>"b-but SOME-BODY is a Shrek meme!!!1"

Shut the fuck up you snot nosed, middle school aged, pubes-haven't-quite-come-in-fully-yet twerp. I want you to understand something. I know your mom probably wasn't even old enough to bear children when that song came out, but I was alive, and I was there, and let me tell you that All Star by Smash Mouth was a "meme" (an unforced, natural "meme" at that) before the word "meme" was a twinkle in the eye of whatever faggot came up with that stupid word. And it was huge before that stupid movie Shrek ever came out too. EVERYONE knew that song, EVERYONE sung that song, you could not escape it wherever you went. Why? Because it was a great, catchy, excellently musical pop song. Same with This is the Story of a Girl. You piece of shit.

Anyway, enjoy your ban, I look forward to your return to this board in a few years after you turn 18 and have matured a bit and also caught up on your music and pop culture history!

I never realized how serious the lyrics to YMCA were. Disco really ruins everything.

I'm not gonna lie, your post sure got a giggle out of me

>has a song like bustin on it
>isn't a meme
there's no such thing as a comedy album in the 21st century, only meme albums

very well-written

10/10

NEW PASTA ALERT

Neil's stuck in the 2000s when people gave a shit about him.

best pasta in a long time, scaruffi rock-jazz tier

wew lad this is nothing compared to gentle giant cardiacs and magma

Top C O P Y

TOP PASTA.

I don't get it. I don't care if it is a meme album or not, I don't get the appeal.

I know this is bait/pasta but the album literally has a song on it called "Stand by meme"

Memes function by repetition, recycling and reinvention of ideas. Neil is very skilled at applying this to music. I love how this makes me look at familiar songs from a different point of view. A prime example is T.I.M.E from the last album. It gave Y.M.C.A a gravity that I had never paid much attention to, despite knowing what the song is about lyrically.

I remember tuning into Radio Disney just so I could hear that song

This album is terrible and if you like it you have terrible taste

Who the FUCK likes their music to be ""funny""?

Thank you someone actually explains the appeal of the album instead of shitposting