Is there any musician as manic and chaotic as Foetus, and still as fun...

Is there any musician as manic and chaotic as Foetus, and still as fun? The only one I know that maybe comes close is John Zorn.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-ayYcsvOWo
youtube.com/watch?v=RUGmv4mvZt0
youtube.com/watch?v=uXCoXW8lr0k
youtu.be/4JFBDlKLMPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amon Tobin

Comus is up there

I liked Bricolage and Permutation but they're nowhere near as manic and heavy hitting.
Yeah, Comus is amazing.

Igorrr

marilyn manson

try out from out where

youtube.com/watch?v=x-ayYcsvOWo

dis

I quite like him
Thanks for the rec, this is great!
Never had a chance to listen to this, but I remember it being memed a lot. I'll check it out.

Is a good idea to begin with Foetus backwards?
From last to first albums?

Ignore the memes, Cardiacs are really good, once you listened to Sing To God listen to their previous works too

I would suggest starting with Nail and Hole, as they're his most acclaimed, and IMHO most consistent (especially Nail) and then moving on to his earlier and more modern stuff.

normally i'd say first to last, but last to first with foetus might be trippy. don't forget to look at his side works like steroid maximus and manorexia and whatever else

my favorites are Nail and Hole and then I like Thaw and Gash a lot, and Love is pretty cool too.

Also Foetus did soundtrack to Venture Bros, which is an amazing show and has lots of musical references, and I suggest everyone check it out.

mr bungle

he also did some of the later seasons of archer

I kinda wanted to hype myself Nail because "hey scaruffi gave it a 9" mentality, but that always backfires I guess
I really enjoyed English Faggot, anything similar?

James Plotkin. So many great projects: Khanate, O.L.D., Phantomsmasher, Khlyst, etc. etc.

Can be a bit hard to digest due to the chaos, but it's chaotic for sure. Might have to increase volume to pick up on everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=RUGmv4mvZt0

beat me to it. J.G. Thirwell sounds like a quirky guy, there's funny commentary on the Venture Bros dvd commentary. He's made a niche for himself later in his career doing TV scores.

Here's the intro for Paprika, this is a fun one.

No need to hype it up. I stumbled on Nail by accident and it blew me away. Only after did I discover that Scruffy gave it a 9. Scaruffy often overrates albums for how "innovative" they are, but Nail truly is great.

oops. sily me.

youtube.com/watch?v=uXCoXW8lr0k

Early Severed Heads
youtu.be/4JFBDlKLMPQ

the chariot