Vuelta a españa 2016 stage 3

Marín / Dumbría. Ezaro Viewpoint

Starts now, live coverage in 2 hours.

Mountain passes
Km 118.0 - Alto Lestaio.8.3 kilometre-long climb at 5.3% - category 3

Km 155.4 - Alto Das Paxareiras.9.3 kilometre-long climb at 5.4% - category 2

Km 176.4 - Meta. Dumbría. Mirador de Ézaro.1.8 kilometre-long climb at 13.8% - category 3

Rankings lavuelta.com/la-vuelta/2016/us/classifications.html

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/767672233942745088
slipstreaming.tv/
live.shwidget.com/static/freeplayer/3956801634376640.html
strawpoll.me/11052811
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It starts.

Source:
twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/767672233942745088

This is from the last climb of the day? Neato.

Yes

>Gesink
>tfw he already lost 2:45 in the TTT
feels bad man

I wonder if hes still going for GC or stage hunting. I was so sad he crashed in TdSuisse, he couldve podiumed this Tour easily.

I feel you man, was really upset to see Gesink struck out _again_ due to bad luck..

He's probably just gonna sit with Kruiswijk the first two weeks, maybe attack on one of the harder stages
I fear Gesink is not strong enough (yet) to really content top10 now anyways

The honeymoon phase, before we hate all the stupid fucking repetitive finishes in the vuelta.

Should be a good one!

Is the cyclinghub strm screeching all over the place or is it just me?

Why does your country have so many monster hills

how many bings until streams

Back in 2012, Galician former pro Ezequiel Mosquera recounted to the Faro de Vigo newspaper that "This climb has a segment of 300 metres which is more than tough, it's impossible."

Mosquera recounted that the first riders to tackle the climb was a local club, the CC Noia in the early 1990s, using a 39x23 gear. However "most of them went up on foot - on foot and backwards, because it was impossible to go up walking forwards!"

ayyyy

Missed the first two days

>using pedals

Yea who knows, TTTs can be really harsh even if youre good, take a really hard pull on the front and have trouble for 1 second and you get dropped and lose 2,5 minutes.

He was near the front a lot yesterday though, he normally only does that when hes strong or has a good day. So im hopeful for some reason.

>The honeymoon phase, before we hate all the stupid fucking repetitive finishes in the vuelta.
Honestly, these finishes are not too bad if it is a hard stage with some climbs before it. If its just a 200 km run in with this finish then the Vuelta is awful, but this Vuelta is hard and should be pretty good.

H-H-Hello

Any tips to a vuelta newbie? Usually watch tdf and some spring classics

Hope your brought your granny gear and compact chainring.

Sit back and enjoy.

Vuelta is fun because all the riders are at very different levels of form and fitness. So it's often unpredictable.

>sean kelly is back

oh baby
it's torty tree degrees

makes me miss summer a bit

Based Sean Kelly has returned.

Hope you like +20% climbs, breakaway wins, Spanish teams fighting for Team GC and stages going a lot slower than the slowest time schedule.

Who's in the breakaway?

quintana is attacking

This was scary from yesterday.

any stream lads

small tv package jew reporting in

slipstreaming.tv/

:^)

who /pcm/ here?

Havent played since PCM 2012, has it become any better since then?

I've always wondered what's it like to play it, is it fun? How easy/hard is it? how much spreadsheeting is it?

not for a few years.

i used to love spending hours setting up a young, pro-conti team, giving them all individual schedules and training. but then i'd be bored afer 3 races.

Alexandre Geniez (FDJ),
Pieter Serry (Etixx-Quick Step),
Rudiger Selig (Bora-Argon 18),
Gatis Smukulis (Katusha),
Simon Pellaud (IAM Cycling),
Jérôme Cousin (Cofidis)
David Arroyo (Caja Rural)

Eurosport with English commentators. It's 90% ads though and 10% actual race.

live.shwidget.com/static/freeplayer/3956801634376640.html

Cheers

Seems like an autism simulator.

why is it not on tv2 this year

reeeeeeeeee

The fixed bugs like AI not attacking on descends. Still not a very good game, but the only cycling game afaik. They still don't have licenses for riders, so names are still Fabio Carbonara instead of Cancellara.

I have spend countless hours on it. It's easy because the AI is pretty dumb. Like almost always waiting for sprint finish even if you attack. There is an extreme difficulty though, and a modding community.

i don't need no simulator, buddy

They have bought it they just only show it on tv2 play so you have to spend money on a subscribtion.
They don't even have anything to send on tv2 they just show some random border patrol shit that literally no one wants to see.

>border patrol
>antique shows
>house shows
>Beverly Hills 90210

wew

I'm sure there weren't this many fucking adverts during tdf. I guess it helped being able to flick to ITV4

>this bike race brought to u by some other bike race

ya ok

they're getting them done early.

The Qatar WCs?

I can understand them advertising a shitty no mark Tour of Norfolk on a bigger show but I think it's a given that if you're watching a Grand Tour live on a workday, you'll probably also watch the WC

The weather and terrain in spain kind of reminds me of australia a lot.

Although the trees are different.

Good point.

Do you ever get shit like bell ends running in front of the riders or letting off flares or throwing piss at Mr Skellington?

Kruijswijk is the GC guy for TLJ, with Gesink his premium slave. They said that a while ago. You never know for sure but Gesink dropping back early is a good thing, now he wont cheekily try to go for his own GC and will devote himself more to helping Kruijswijk. Both of them going for it would probably result in both of them getting a shit result.

there should be a brown or a black jersey in grand tours for the person in last place

RIP Barguil

Is he dutch?

When Gesink rides for someone in support he wont go for his own cheeky GC though. See the Bau & Lau TdFrance.

Silly crash.

Unfortunately no, but there is a lot of clipping through spectators and vehicles. Crashing is a thing though, can be very annoying

>39x23
>30%
fuck that

>Fabio Carbonara
ayy

What kind of climber are you? Do you grind relentlessly while sat down or are you bouncing out of your seat as much as possible?

I shit you not: Froome was called Vroome in the 2014 edition

>NOS stream finally started
>no Dijkstra/Ducrot commentary
fml

you talk really pretty, baby

Quality! Any other good ones?

>80kg/190cm
I grind to a standstill on the first meters and consider suicide the rest of the climb

I cannot stand Carlton Kirby. Is there anything we can do about him?

Vuelta is part of the cycling grand slam right? Any portuguese team present?

So this where Vroome came from
>Feels newfag man

How can you hate based Joris vd Berg?! He actually knows what hes talking about and doesnt talk constant bullshit.

>66kg / 1,83 m
Generally climb out of the saddle, but the most I can climb is the Brienenoord bridge lol. Long live the polders.

>compact, 12X25
>don't ride much
>always roller hills
>always unfit
>grind, then stand up
>then run out gears
>go home
>never get any better
my bike career in greentext

Sat down with high cadence is my style, although some times there is not much of a choice when things get steep and you run out of gears.

I spent 13km at 9% at 70rpm average and it was suffering. If cadence gets

No, a few Portuguese riders though.

what the fuck is wrong with you

kickstarter for hitman?
(mi5 this was a 'joke')

strawpoll.me/11052811

Explain yourself

Are there portuguese teams at all? I can't really remember one

just complain to eurosport. they won't listen, but it does feel good to tell them what a shit cunt he is

>strawpoll.me/11052811
Sitting down of course, why is this even a question.

you need to explain whats wrong with king kirby

>short hill
try to use momentum and power over it
>long hill
spin 2 win in the saddle
until it gets too steep, of course. My lowest gear is 39x28 and I'd really like a lower one.

How does one even wipe sitting down? If the gap wasn't narrow enough, the angle would be a wrist snapper.

Mirko Civendash and Tonio Mertin.

Daily reminder it's all fun and memes until Switzerland comes.

He is shit. He knows nothing. He's not funny. He won't shut the fuck up. He repeats the same incorrect things every day. He's a liar.

No portuguese team since Sporting in 80's

I think he provides comfy Englishman banter.

>'join the fun'
He's already unbearable, then he says that five times in a row, and I mute

I think there was one on UCI sone years ago. But internationally relevant I dont think so
Sporting is back to cycling this year but they made a very modest portuguese tour on 8th place
Porto is back too and they won

>lose 7:0 in WC
>get shot everywhere
are you even trying?

Please, don't steal my cellphone, negro.

And yesterday he gave out the Hamburg result live on air without warning..

..with Eurosport showing the Hamburg race after the Vuelta.

Complete cunt.

whats your point?

Barguil ded according to CN updates.

Pellaud looking /comfy/ as fuck running the Vuelta as a solo ride

>barguil

(you)

He dropped out due to sinusitis apparently.

slide forward on the seat m8

Lift one cheek?

His style sure isnt /comfy/ though.

not having a fat ass helps

Especially when you get to listen to Matt Keenan, having to make do with Carlton Kirby is fucking torture.

I have it on mute right now and I only watch the highlights the next day with Matt Keenan.

That's a cute excuse.

why wont you just stand up to wipe? If you wipe sitting down, do you not even look at your produce before covering it with toiletpaper? Do you not value your health?

Do I deserve a fiesta st?