Are you hyped for the Paralympics Sup Forums?

Are you hyped for the Paralympics Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3agY86v1QA&list=PL6CBAXPeBajl7Ev8ooo3vG0E5mZIug-8q
youtube.com/watch?v=BTiBUWki_4A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0xLPB1jH0
youtube.com/watch?v=_oXIdPoSLlE
paralympic.org/swimming/classification
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2cirBumyI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QuyEG5fRnQs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=evyXFR8WHH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, but I will be hyped cheering against anglos in the commonwealth games GAHHAHAHAHHA

No lol

Honestly not.
I mean sure they work hard and all that stuff but it just not interests me. Like most women sports.

no, they can just unscrew their prosthetic dick and go fuck themselves.

Ticket sales are shocking. I generally don't care for disabled sport but I feel sorry for them.

Why not? I'll watch a couple of events.

I'd misuse her blue badge IYKWIM

>tfw no qt disabled gf to wheel around and awkwardly cuddle with that doesn't think you're a loser virgin

Why even live

Meh
Only if there's based Zanardi again.
Don't know if he'll compete in Rio though...

which paralympics could you get a medal in?

Rio was a mistake.

I know the stadiums will literally be empty though

they couldn't even fill the stadium for bolt

*which events at the paralympics

Can you compete in the paralympics with Autism?

As a physically disabled person, I wonder what the purpose is of the Paralympics.

Nobody's watching it for the athleticism and there is literally nothing brave about what they do.

I might if you start posting parawaifus

Based Zanardi will be in...

And mark my words: paralympics will be a lot crowder because the tickets are cheap as fuck (a lot of them under USD 5.00)

Some of them are interesting, some of them are pathetic. I like the events that could basically be part of regular olympics, i.e. most of the disciplines involving quadriplegic people, as you really don't need your legs by design in those.

I feel really sorry though that those paralympics will certainly be a complete disaster.

Well, why not? It's basically like weight classes in wrestling. Who cares who wins in the 58kg class, we all know that any contestant of the higher weight classes could easily destroy him. Competition is only fun when the comparison is fair.

Yup. Physical, mental and sensorial disabilities count

Yeah. The sports themselves seem pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=t3agY86v1QA&list=PL6CBAXPeBajl7Ev8ooo3vG0E5mZIug-8q

It's mostly for the athletes themselves. A lot of them practiced sports before and want to keep doing it, and it's a nice platform for that.
Not like it harms anyone.

Not all mental disabilities count, only those that severely inhibit cognitive abilities (meaning IQ < 75).

So a psychopath can compete?

Never really watched them.

Are they worth watching at all or is it just a bunch of disabled people flailing around trying to win a medal?

>implying slave escape is fun

most of them are honestly impressive and better than what you or I could do.

Its the special olympics where everyone pretends to be awed just to be polite

Only blind dodgeball

>It's basically like weight classes in wrestling

No it isn't. The people in those weight classes are elite at what they do. A wrestler with one arm or one leg would patently lose to most able bodied people with a week of training.

>a nice platform

If it's mostly for them then it doesn't need a platform.

>Not like it harms anyone.

It holds disabled people up to inflated standards, Like we're not allowed to be disabled because a bunch of tryhard ex-normies can't accept their new fate.

>most of them are honestly impressive and better than what you or I could do.

You could do literally anything we can and do it much better.

>If it's mostly for them then it doesn't need a platform.
It's also for the people who would aspire to return to sports, it helps popularize handisports.
Kind of the same as all the meme events in the real lympics.

>It holds disabled people up to inflated standards, Like we're not allowed to be disabled because a bunch of tryhard ex-normies can't accept their new fate.
Are you for real. Am I not allowed to be a man because Bolt can explode me at 100m and gooks can beat me at Starcraft? Get over yourself, crippled bitch, not everything is about you.

>You could do literally anything we can and do it much better.
pic related has the world record for furthest accurate archery shot. No asterisk.

As said, only if it's a severe mental disability so it doesn't count

>No it isn't. The people in those weight classes are elite at what they do. A wrestler with one arm or one leg would patently lose to most able bodied people with a week of training.
That's exactly what I am saying. The contestants in their weight classes are only elite in their weight classes, just like women are only elite among women. Or the heptathletes are only elite among heptathletes etc.

The athletes' disabilities can be regarded as part of the rules. And if you look at it like that, they ARE in fact elite. I doubt wheelchair basketball is that much easier when you can still use your legs (but are not allowed to).

My handicapped girlfriend always gets angry and stops talking to me when I steal her wheelchair, but guess who cames crawling back every single time!?

Not really but I admire their commitment.

When does it start btw?

hell yeah, my penis is ready

i have a fetish for mangled people so this is my favorite time of year. the only reason i follow sports.

Sept 7

>I wonder what the purpose is of the Paralympics.
To give the disabled a chance to experience the competitiveness and glory that comes with the olympics?

It's a nice gesture. Sure, the athleticism is sub-par, but the competition, hard-work and determination is still there.

bullshit, that's the special olympics

September, 7

Tickets should be for free. They will make money on catering and beer.

Yeah kinda. It's more Olympics which is nice, and some of these disabled people are pretty fucking impressive considering their injuries and conditions.

Pretty sure Channel 4 are gonna have plenty of live coverage too, so it'll be something to watch during the day while shitposting on 4chin.

Comparing to the actual Olympics, it will be almost free.

I'm all in on murderball, those guys are madcunts

probably the least interesting sporting event that currently runs. imagine watching the women's competition in some shitty cripple variant of a sport no one even gives a shit about when pros are doing it.

at best it will offer some mildly interesting gimmicks, like armless table tennis or wheelchair judo. but that sort of thing is the modern equivalent of watching a "human pillow" roll a cigarette with his mouth

Blind Football will be the GOAT event.

what does the"para" stand for?

it's a contraction of "part athlete" (par + a), derived from the fact that the disabled (particularly amputees) are only part of a human

The legs issue, I could deal with.
but the damn flipper hands... no, I'm out.

how discriminating

isnĀ“t here a more acceptible word?

What is the point in other countries competing, when it's always Canada vs USA battling for gold?

Parallel, I believe. The "Parallel" Olympics.

who /goalball/ here?

Are they blind?

youtube.com/watch?v=BTiBUWki_4A

Yes, although some are only partially blind, which is why everyone is required to wear blinders.

>you will never make love to your half-human half-bicycle wife

why even live

they're pathetic beings kek

i love watching half dead people do tricks for our amusement.

you already have the premier league

>only those that severely inhibit cognitive abilities

So tumblr and to that extent any social media site could attend these easily?

what an edgy edge

hyped just for the future paralympics cuties threads

>Not wanting a handicapped qt girl with whom you'll tuck into bed and watch footy.

>Hungarian humor

Will there be Paralympics waifus?

>Hungarian Humour
This is why i broke up with my hungarian gf horrible humour

cripples

Are there physically disabled horsies for horse dance?

What, I though it was a bit funny

I thought it already happened, weren't women participating?

would have laughed if that faggot face wasn't included in your post

Nope. I guess that settles it, horses aren't an athlete.

I want to fuck Amanda McGrory.

Can a normal person compete in the events if they don't use the limbs to match athletes?

Yes. There are also physically disabled bikes for us. :3

Underrated. Nice one Tshabalalalala

Id fuck her McGrory hole

She's a qt.

I'd hook her sleeves over her thumbs IYKWIM

Im confused, how does she fit her legs in that? Are they folded up under her? What's the point?

ayy

finally will get some medals! from events like retard swimming

I know I'm going to hell for this but I'm in tears, this shit is too funny.

I am to be honest, i'll probably be as exited as for the olympics, or not far.

Because, she can't use them? I've always wondered if its difficult for them to breathe as their legs appear to be tucking themselves right under the chest.

To be fair, a lot of English disabled people got butthurt after the 2012 Paralympics because everyone was expecting them to be secretly amazing at something, and they weren't.

It would be like discovering that every virgin over 30 really does get wizard powers except you.

You didn't get yours?
Sorry about that, la.

They can in some sports, but not in most. The sports are separated according to disability level too, so a deaf guy couldn't go up against a dude with no legs just because they're both disabled.

This

I wonder why the Deaflympics isn't televised.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0xLPB1jH0

Is it at least on the radio?

I'm curious about how they qualify the level of disability in some events between people with one limb, no limb, partial limb, paralysis, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oXIdPoSLlE
>100m backstroke
>winner has no arms

This is in the vid's comments, but tl;dr, way past bedtime right now.
paralympic.org/swimming/classification

The "Paralympics A-to-Z" videos detail how classifications are made a bit.

> Russian chiets btfo
)

No idea. Last Winter Dealympics took place in Russia. Looks fun.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2cirBumyI

Were you making a Deaf joke"?

Yes. Sorry.
I'll be a bit cynical here and say the reason they aren't televized is because you can't visually see they're handicapped, so it loses the freakshow aspect.

I REALLY hope Para-climbing gets added to future Paralympic Games.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QuyEG5fRnQs

Aww, man, I hope you're not right.

This guys aren't visually handicapped.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=evyXFR8WHH4

looking forward to the swingball

Swingball?

>ywn keep 30 or so odd members of the chinese paralympic team in holding chambers in your basement
>ywn give them a mixture of lsd and amphetamine and host your own private olympics with you dressed up as the devil telling them that they have died and gone to hell and they must pass the trials of the fallen to save their soul
>ywn keep group A in a sensory deprivation chamber for hundreds of hours telling them their purpose is to hunt demons and unleash them upon group B, who are dressed as such
>ywn force 30 screaming drugged up chinese paralympians to navigate a religiously themed obstacle course wrought with attack dogs, pits of venomous snakes and claymore mines filled with rubber pellets
>ywn convert your barn/large shed in the backyard into Purgatory, where absolutely zero light can enter and terrorize the paralympians while wearing nightvision goggles and screaming that you are the Nightlord and that they deserve this

it hurts to live lads