See this Marvelfags? It's called symbolism

See this Marvelfags? It's called symbolism

Other urls found in this thread:

inquisitr.com/2483023/avengers-infinity-war-budget-is-1-billion-robert-downey-jr-pay-cheque-is-insane/
youtube.com/watch?v=nbsWQqnWS_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like a shitty ps2 game

What does 27% symbolise?

This movie had better batman fight scenes than any of the other batman movies.

The entire time I was watching it I was wishing it was a batman movie. Everything else was boring and uninteresting.

27 is 5 years from 33
Jesus died at 33 years of age
BvS is a 5 star movie

fits in the 'Niche Masterpiece' according to the new Sup Forums manual.
>100% - Everybody thought it was good, came out at right time but years later appears average
>70-99% - Very pleb friendly flick with the odd patrician speaking up stating its the same old shit they've seen before
>40-69% - Genuine mixed opinions. Either a Marmite film or just a pleb friendly flick with too many gimmicks
>20%-39% - Niche Masterpiece hated by the plebs because of low intellect. Years later becomes recognised for its accolades
>0-19% - dogshit

i swear they cgi'd Gal's body in every scene, those are not her legs

>Australia hours

Um...... why didnt Superman just give the Kryptonite spear to Wonder Woman???

he died for our sins.

It symbolised his renewed resolve that had been tested throughout the movie

Why is superman laying atop a clam shell? Is it because hes a big pussy?

He's a true sir and sacrificed himself before a lady. Chivalry is something Marvelcucks don't know about.

look how big that made wonderwoman.
fucking bad cg took me out of this movie.
such a shame that DC will never get off the ground.

See this? It's called success

see this DCucks? It's called handling your billion dollar franchise correctly.

refer to

I see 2 good movies there

>owns only DC

They are the kings of cinema.

Lmao BTFO

Yes, I know what symbolism is. Symbolism doesn't automatically make a movie good, or artistic. If anything it makes a movie pretentious especially when it's so fucking obvious that even DC fags who have the intelligence of your average special ed. kindergartener can understand it.

>MCU almost have as many movies as fucking James Bond
Holy cow, I didn't know they were churning them out this fast

YOU JUST KNOW

Who thought it was a good idea to put symbolism in a movie based off comic books made for children? This is why the movie didn't break a million, people wanted mindless action and they got all this symbolism from sources they have never heard of. You don't waste a $250 million dollar budget on symbolism

10 Harry Potter films? I thought there were only 8. WTF is going on?

Warner Bros is run by a bunch of idiots who though copying Nolan = Success.

DC films are better than Marvel films

Proof me wrong

Still would be two more than DC extended universe.

Planned spinoffs.

That she lured boipussy to his trailer ?

Nolan's crew actually knew how to write a good script. If WB was smart they should of just split BvS into two movies released a year apart, would made for a more coherent story and they would of made more money and would have a better lead off into Justice League

Nolan's crew know a lot more about filmmaking than Snyder and WB.

Batman worked with that tone that Nolan set, but not every DC property works with that tone. WB still hasn't realized this and probably won't until their movies flop.

Superman and Wonder Woman aren't suitable for neo-noir

>Oh yes they are! Have you seen how much money The Dark Knight trilogy made? All Superheros are the same!

>Proof
This is an indicator of the average intellect of a DC fanboy.
Prove me wrong

Is that Garona?

>its a jesus metaphor

Dont have a dog in this race, but thats pretty hack.
Rather see capeshit stand on its own storylines.

Also Nolan made those films as standalone movies that were loosely connected. He wasn't really sure he wanted to make another Batman after TDK. He definitely didn't write those movies with the intention of creating a cinematic universe

>Critics tell me what is good and bad
>Box office results are a measurement of quality
It's all subjective. Some people like DC films. Some people like Marvel. Some like both. Some like neither. To infer that critical reception and box office results somehow objectively determine quality is stupid. Why is it so important for capenerds to prove the company of their choice is "better"? You're worshiping and defending companies that don't care about you as an individual, only your collective wallet. I know a Marvel capenerd that said he didn't think "Age of Ultron" was great but that didn't stop him from seeing it at the cinema 7 times. Fanboyism is a sickness.

nice

jesus dies few years laters christianty it formed

superman dies some time later justice leauge is form in his honor

as aposted it
sign dis paper senpai else ima punch ya, nah senpai i ent signin shit, lol, alright *punch* alright senpai we cool?, yeah yeah giv me a ring when u wanna chill, sound senpai

>nolan had jesus shit in the dark knight too
>no one cared then

>movie that tells us that christianity is real within its world has a hero who undergoes a similar experience to the hero of christianity
>its bad because i say so

This 999999 times

Yes,billions

Did everyone forget this ?
inb4 Tony will be killed in infinity war coz Feige couldn't afford him sucking them dry
inquisitr.com/2483023/avengers-infinity-war-budget-is-1-billion-robert-downey-jr-pay-cheque-is-insane/

Did everyone forget about this guy. He never misses.

youtube.com/watch?v=nbsWQqnWS_s

now lets switch to the TV shows

LMAO MARVEL BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Nolan was subtle and wasn't be a pretentious douche like Snyder, symbolism is suppose to be subtle. Snyder was using it like a 6th grader who just learned what it is

>now lets switch to the TV shows
Gladly.

because the movie wasnt gonna get any better at that point so why bother

How do you kill a man without fear?

religion is babbies first symbolism, nothing impressive at all about it in BvS

That Disney paid off critics and Rotten Tomatoes.

She was holding Doomsday in place with her invincible rope.

Season 2 was pretty disappointing, except for the Punisher.
>Love story between Elektra and Matt made no sense.
>Undead ninjas
>Black Sky is talked about all the time but no reason given as to why I should give a shit about it
>Ridiculous finale (hostage situation that is defused by taking out two guys)
Better than the MCU films, though.

I love you, but not in a homosexual way. You know because fags are gross. But I love you in a way that's based off of a respect for some one who did something special. You know, in an agape way before Satan's Seeds made having any love that wasn't sexual for some one weird.

> 27 + 5 = 33
Clearly BvS was too smart for us.

You know the Punisher is getting his own show. So now Marvel also has a dark and gritty antihero. How can DC even compete?

yeah a muslim batman and a jewish wonderwoman standing over the corpse of the old america values says it all.

>america
>values

DCEU
>"If God is all powerful, then he cannot be all good. If God is good, then he cannot be all powerful"

MCU
>"There's only one God ma'am and he doesn't dress like that"
>Laugh track

So one is pretentious bullshit, and the other is lighthearted and fun, as well as remaining true the character from the source material.

More Arrow. More Felicity.

>BOYS MMMMMMMM.

Vs

>The living are not done with you yet.

BTFO :^)

what's the deal with suddenly lots of bullseye memes?

>btw he was pretty awesome

This film is heaps filled with so much religious symbolism.

Every scene is carefully crafted with some sort of easter egg

Please stop reminding me of that god awful Wonder Woman casting.

His sacrifice ushers in the Heroic Age. It might also herald a resurgence of magic, which has always been a powerful force in the DC universe.

In his first years, Superman became a polarizing force in the world, but over the brief course of his career, he came to be viewed by a great number of people as a god, whether the people thinking of him in those terms were conscious of the fact they were worshiping him or not. That's what the religious iconography is present for - to clue the viewer in to what the people of Superman's earth are thinking of him, and surprise it's not always as a savior deity like the Christ. He's also shown being thought of as what would be best described as a solar deity. Pic related.

In terms of magic and belief-fueled magic, for the first time in modern history, there's a visible, walking, talking person that a great number of people are all thinking of as a god. All that focused belief is just hanging there waiting for some magic user to figure out a way to tap into. I think we're going to see the first hints of this in the Suicide Squad.

Also, perception versus reality and perception *as* reality are always prominent themes when the discussion turns to magic. "Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?" "Look up to the skies and see."

I know your baiting but those Flash shows etc are absolutely horrendous. I just watched a few clips on jewtube and the acting is absolutely disgusting.

>made no sense
what? they were two young outcasts at a fancy party, they ditched it and enjoyed each other's company.

then went on criminal like adventures together throughout the city and both sparred then fucked in a boxing ring. all this was literally shown.

pay attention cuck

Entire movie is a recreation of excalibur

>meanwhile on alternate earth

It's really difficult to identify if these people actually like BvS or not. Shitposting makes sense because it generates a ton of guaranteed replies, but actually thinking it is a masterpiece would be pathetic.

>meanwhile on earth-meme

It's just a meme.

there's definitely normies out there who are mexican, chinese etc on things like instagram and tumblr who 100% mean it when they call it a masterpiece etc.

it's pretty disgusting desu

>they parted ways
>Matt condoned her actions all the time
>She fucking killed a guy in front of him
>Went with her on little missions anyway
>"I love you"
Not to mention he started having feelings for Karen. Tell me, if your ex came back when you've started seeing a new girl, would you immediately get back together with her?

we all know this, what's your point?

go back to /r/movies

what a range of expressions

>Flash
>Arrow
>good
Id rather watch Agents of Shit than Arrow

>muh symbolism
Symbolism doesn't save a shitty movie

you literally mixed up all those scenes.

Matt leaves her for years after that scene you fuckig pleb.

she looks exactly like Wonder Woman apart from a few minor differences.

now this is embarassing

especially when that scene is absolute shit and cringey

>ywn help Zack come up with clever references and puzzles
Fuck you Ben

the movies have entirely different aims in mind
superman is constructed like a greek tragedy from the start. the entire movie is a tragedy; it ends in tragedy (bruce's) and then it ends with everyone's (superman/god's death). it's like a play adapted for the big screen. really powerful stuff.

avengers sought to make you a part of that world, as one of the heroes for sure. you could be thor, captain america, hawkeye, hulk, etc. or simply just be along for the ride. that's the story that's subtly being sold to you: for instance, you watch them engage in battle during the first scene - the point at which you begin to feel like a part of the team; part of the mission, since everything is unfolding in real-time.

i think they're both good, but it feels like bvs is a better movie, artistically, insofar as depth of vision indicates art. i dunno.

i loved both movies.

You mean the scene where she wants him to kill the guy tied to the chair? I'm talking about the ninja whose throat she slit. There was no break for years after that. And if there were a second break, all the more reason not to get back together with her.
Who's the pleb now?

AoS post s1 = Flash s1 = Gotham s2 = first 4 eps of DD S2 > Everything else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Agent Carter

Prove me wrong cunts

you and your autism cannot see matts reactions to things during that scene and his constant trying to stop her killing people

>Maybe Superman was some kind of a beacon for them to crawl out from the shadows