Degrees of Separation game

Post two artists who you don't think have anything to do with each other, other anons connect them through as few artists as possible.
>TRY TO AVOID DOING IT THROUGH SAMPLES, COVERS ETC.
That's what the WhoSampled? thing does, but it's a lot more fun to do it through collaborations, relatives, or other direct connections.
I'll start:
>Brian Wilson
>GG Allin

>Kanye West
>Jeff Buckley

Kanye's "Yeezus" had production from Rick Rubin.
Rubin also produced Slayer's "Reign In Blood", which was engineered by Andy Wallace.
Wallace produced "Grace" by Buckley.

next one:
>Dave Grohl
>Jeff Mangum

Kanye West collaborated with Paul McCartney, and Paul was a big fan of Jeff Buckley.

>Ariel Pink
>Mike Love

Will Toledo
Mc Ride

Buddy Holly and Rivers Cuomo

I'm gonna give you a non-meme answer:

Before Car Seat Headrest became huge, Will was a huge Sup Forumstant, it wouldn't really surprise me if he got the money to see Death Grips concert

Brian Wilson did a song with Zooey Deschanel.
Deschanel was married to Ben Gibbard who is friends with Mark Kozelek.
Steve Shelley plays in Kozelek's band and also in Sonic Youth alongside Thurston Moore.
Moore played in GG Allin's band for a while.

There you go.

--------

>Charles Manson
>Panda Bear

Buddy Holly is dead, Cuomo's career is dead (at least commercially and billboard charting wise)

>Cuomo's career is dead
>released White album last year

Am I the only one with high hopes for the next album?

Evanescence and The Beach Boys

Ravi Shankar
Xxxtenacion

Les Rallizes Denudes
Young Thug

Buddy Holly helped record Waylon Jennings, who was in The Highwaymen with Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash worked with Rick Ruben as producer on his American Recordings albums. Rick Ruben produced Make Believe for Weezer.

>Moore played in GG Allin's band for a while.
I didn't know this. You got a source?
Even if he didn't you could replace Moore with Ranaldo who did vocals on Little Fury Things by Dino Jr., and Mascis was in Allin's baand

Charles Manson lived in Dennis Wilson's house for a while. Dennis is Brian Wilson's brother, and Animal Collective and Brian have played the same festivals.

Jamie xx
Gene vincent

Chainsmokers
Bach

U2
Einstürzende Neubauten

EN supported U2

just for one show

>Nick Mason
>Daniel Tracy

The Gerogerigegege
Iannis Xenakis

Death Grips
Kanye West

Alright, Mizutani has played with Keiji Haino. Keiji Haino has collaborated with Jim O'Rourke, who was in Sonic Youth. Sonic Youth toured/were friends with Nirvana, who toured/were friends with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been produced by Rick Ruben, who has also worked with Kanye. Kanye has recorded stuff with Young Thug.

Nick Mason was in Pink Floyd with Syd Barrett, and Dan Tracy knows where Syd Barrett lives

DG did stuff with Björk. Björk worked with Timbaland, who also worked with Kanye.