Our thoughts on the ressurection of lil ugly? personally i thought it was pretty cool

our thoughts on the ressurection of lil ugly? personally i thought it was pretty cool

p good. hope he feels better soon.

One of my favorite albums of 2017 so far. Definitely liked it better than Oblivion Access, and I'm digging the more serious lyrical material. Hope he releases more under this alias.

Really liked it, haze of interference in particular is fucking brutal

Gonna give Oblivion Access a listen later since I haven't heard it and everyone has been comparing this to it

Oblivion Access is sort of similar, as far as the production goes. However, it is a lot harsher than Bedwetter, and sometimes just seems too "experimental" and long-winded. Not a great sendoff for LUM.

really fantastic, but like i'm hoping he's able to get the help he needs

Honestly I loved OA and felt I could relate to it tenfold, but this album is much more refined and focused imo. I think the transition from LUM to Travis is fully complete. I wouldn't call this a resurrection, I'd say it's a death of a persona.

This, except I still think OA is the best thing he's done up to this point. the bedwetter stuff really is fantastic so far, though. Hope he's alright.

stoop lights might be the best thing travis has ever done

i love the songs with vocals but the instrumentals feel a little aimless. honestly i generally am not that into his instrumental tracks. And its not that he isn't an amazing producer or that i don't like instrumental music in general. It just feels kind of like filler on this.

Agreed, I think LUM won't drop another project like MTI so soon, but this new project has been pretty good, I just don't like how he feels, wished he would go back to that old MTI shit, but I guess it would make no sense.

really enjoying it. definitely seems like a continuation of what was going on with oblivion access. never realized people didn't like that record as well, i think it's fantastic.

anyone have any idea why selfish and raging bull didn't make the tracklist?

because he's going to release the bedwetter project in 3 parts. so there are 2 more albums on the way !

Source on this or just speculation?

OA had more lyrical serious material just less about him in person

he said on fb that he wrote grave within a grave when he was 15. crazy ass dude

3 tracks in and this better get better

nah fr he said it on fb something like he had too much bedwetter tracks to release it all on one "album"

I like how no one mentions that track where he gets kidnapped and raped as a kid.
And I thought Hideous Disfigurements was intense.

which track ?

Man Wearing a Helmet

yea, hell of a way to open an album

you sure it's about a rape though? i figured it was just about being kidnapped only

how often does a child get kidnapped and NOT sexually abused?

well actually when you put it like that

pretty lame

I just wish that Ugly Mane would get past his mental issues. Shit is great but it's really really emotional and dark. I'm confident that he can make it through.

Yeah that was definitely the best track shit almost made me tear up. Idk if it's about himself though

He didn't specifically say 3 parts, but he said on fb that the album was too long so he was gonna break it into chapters. Also, two of the singles he released as bedwetter weren't on the album

which is a shame honestly cause "Selfish" is great and would've helped the flow of the album some, imo.

i dont think selfish or raging bull would have had a place on vol 1 desu. wouldnt have fit the sound

I'm loving this trend of depressing hip-hop desu

who else is doing this rn (quite like LUM can)??

Well lyrically I don't think anyone is on LUMs sad level but I think Bones, $uicideboy$ and xxxtentacion (his slow tracks) are depressive.

>Bones, $uicideboy$ and xxxtentacion
these artists haven't been relevant in at least 2 years and 3 years too young to use this website

really loving it but can a fella get a DL link

Bones I kind of agree with, he peaked in 2014. But I've been enjoying his latest albums.
Suicideboys are still going strong and X is pretty fucking new.

it's $3 my dude, Travis is killin himself over there just buy the damn thing

Its in the current sharethread I believe.

Didn't he say this is his most personal release yet?

Usually I'd be quick to buy it but I'm running low on money rn and get my first real paycheck of the year in 2 weeks

thanks!

>Bones peaked in 2014

I dunno, man. USELESS is a killer project.

the music doesn't match the mood of the lyrics imo.

What would you call the LUM aesthetic post-MTI (not including the vinyl reissue cover)? It's sort of like vaporwave but not quite, I'm really in love with it. Haven't seen anything quite like it.

>still doesn't buy it after 2 weeks

I think it fits. He's going for a "cleaner" sound compared to OA.

I totally felt more vaporwave vibes on this recent album. He seems to keep trying a lot out. He doesn't seem to have a one style, but more using different techniques over hip-hop. The newer stuff has been leaning into more drone, vaporwave, industrial, hip-hop area.

>tfw Lil Ugly Mane no longer drops gangster rap bangers

Am I the only one who's not digging it?

I was actually talking about the visuals, like pic related or the Weeping Worm cover, or especially shit like the Clowns and Browns zine (no pun)

Bones and $uicideboys$ are just trap rappers who just use a sad aesthetic because it makes them look cool (no disrespect to their music but they don't really make sad music)

XXX is amazing, tho

why would you want him to keep releasing trite repetitive shit like MTI in the year 2017? yeah, shit like that was great back in 2012 but since then that whole memphis revival sound has been done to death. like, past the point of death. go on soundcloud and there's a whole world of 16-year-olds with pirated copies of Ableton and earbud microphones rapping over shitty instrumentals trying to be like Bones or Yung Lean or MTI-era LUM. that's exactly the reason i was so excited to hear the direction he took with this and OA.

Ah lol well I agree with that. Some covers look like they have some metal influence too, although we all know Travis loves that stuff.

well he's not from Memphis and he's not a gangster so that might be why he quit doing that shit....

damn faggot go listen to Young Thug if yr looking for "bangers"

I loved it so much, just a much more personal OA which I thought was incredible too. I hope he gets better soon, I know it's a long road for him but yeah... (pic related my collection)

Plus, I love the cheesy PS edits that he adds to it, like the top right pic in that cover. Its like so bad that its good? like it adds to it, but in such a copy-paste way.

holy shit i am mad jealous

Man, Scaruffi's gotta release his review of Third Side of Tape, and give ol' Travis a morale boost.

this is one of the only legit ones though all that suicideboys bones and lil peep shit is for straight attention teenage trendfaggots who're just in a phase

like korn compared to burzum or some shit

tru

Ahaha ty mane, I've been a fan since day one. The stuff I haven't bought is just because I think it looks like shit and the HYV stuff is a lot less quality compared to the Thunderzone merch....

Lil Peep, definitely. Suicideboys, can't say for sure. I do disagree with what you say about Bones, 'cus I think the guy's got some quality material.

secret circle is coming boy

They somehow managed to dig up Despot for a track. So hyped

And people say white bois can't rap hey :')

im so hoping that he featured on a second track of secret circle

him rapping back to back with lum on a lum boombapbeat would be legendary

Looks like it.

I just snagged a copy and I'm fucking loving it.

top dark hip hop artists
1. LUM
2. Antwon
3. Denzel
4. Spark Master Tape
4. Cities Aviv
5. Spaceghost (early)
Yung Simmie, Bones, Xavier Wulf, that other depressing trap shit
99999999999999999. clipping
100000000000000000. suicide boys