If the USA held an Olympics just between residents of the 50 states, who would win the most medals?

If the USA held an Olympics just between residents of the 50 states, who would win the most medals?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/sports/slate_labs/2013/10/united_sports_of_america_map_if_each_state_could_have_only_one_sport_what.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RwZLlwHp2zI
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Mitteleuropa_zur_Zeit_der_Staufer.svg
youtube.com/watch?v=gZbzncPXIUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cali

Maryland with ledecky and phelps

Summer or Winter?

Cuz Alaska will fuck you up.

what did he mean by this?

obviously the one with Maryland

Well Texas alone won 26 golds in rio while the rest of the country won 20 combined

Maryland. They have Phelps, Ledecky, and a couple other athletes.

Maryland has Phelps and Ledecky, so probably them.

Why are there so many states?

America should combine some of the irrelevant ones

hawaii and alaska are the only irrelevant states.

>indiana and ohio are both vibrant distinct cultures and we must nurture the diversity between them

I sometimes think the same thing about Canada. Not the provinces, but the entire country. Just add it to Minnesota.

why do you need two fucking dakotas? what's so unique about them that it can't be combined into one irrelevant backwater?

alaska and hawaii actually make sense as their own states, they're completely isolated from the rest of the country.
we can consolidate some of the irrelevant ones

>add delaware to PA and Maryland
>combine MA, RI, Conn
>combine Maine, NH, VT
>create Wyomontana
>create Dakota
>create Indiohio
>create Nebransas
>create Alassissippi

because nobody lives in south dakota.

New Jersey would win the most per capita

>South Dakota as a whole state has 800k people
Tbqh I wanna move there

That's retarded. Hawaii and Alaska have access to two vastly different ecosystems. One's a tundra hybrid and the other is tropical. Combining the two would result in absolute ecological mismanagement.
Don't be a retard, desu

It was split because the distance between the two major population centers was ridiculous at the time, so they just gave each their own territory. It probably would have become one state if the Sioux hadn't kept murdering everyone, which kept the population down.

What's each states specialty?
Maryland = Swimming
Equestrian = New Jersey/Tennessee
Shooting/Archery = Texas
Rowing/Sailing = New England
Gymnastics = Cali?

baseball = new york

slate.com/articles/sports/slate_labs/2013/10/united_sports_of_america_map_if_each_state_could_have_only_one_sport_what.html

What the fuck is Jai Alai?
Our state sport is fishing/sailing/golf

t. Floridian

>new jersey
>youth soccer

Fight me IRL

This. Get fucked other 49.

/thread

Dont mess with the original 13 fag

Because that is retarded they are just highly autonomous and important administrative divisions and you would find very few states that have significant populations willing to combine because they all hate their neighbors.

why

the northeast runs the country and you all know that

Texas and the Midwest grow our food for us, how nice, keep the steaks coming paco

u wot? thats exactly my point

>mfw im the retard
wew lad, i need to sleep more

This tbqh. I pray I never have to travel west past Philadelphia

This. Midwestern flyover states are culturally irrelevant and are always stagnating with everything. They're always at least a decade behind coastal mega-cities.

From that image, the regions would go 1) South 2) West 3) NE 4) Midwest, because the Bible belt gets all of the best black athletes. In terms of states:

1) Cali
2) Florida
3) Texas
4) New York
5) Pennsylvania

because if you go west/east of those zones it's just a fucking deserted shithole so they just group up the communities there, the actual state lines don't include those weird borders

> lives in Newark or Wilmington

kek

KEK

no

You should do this. We have Canada Games here. Mostly for younger athletes to get experience before Pan Ams and Commonwealth Games and then of course Olympics. It is a lot of fun and provincial rivalries are always good times. I bet ESPN would sperg all over it.

We might like it so much that we eventually just ignore the olympics

North Dakota has even less than that

I live in that county in Minnesota. Weird.

>tfw live in NoDak

Who /Fargo/ here?

Where is that? Thief River Falls?

Yeah buddy

G-go Prowlers

What fucked up fantasy world do you live in?

Montana and south and north dakota seem pretty irrelevant to me

If buying players was an olympic sport

That's because you're a faggot

Having more states mean more effective control by the politicians. We make the same thing but we created more cities instead of more states.

But which state has the most medals per capita?

I want the world to look like pre-unification Germany ala before WW1.

All dem city-states.

Because history. Most states were made in the 1800's, where it would be incredibly inefficient to have overly large states. Although, they still are pretty large.
Smaller states also mean that issues get tended to faster. Imagine trying to lobby some problem in front of all 50 states who give more shits about their problems.

This has nothing to do with it, the states have been autonomous entities from the very beginning and the creation of new states has been a ridiculously haphazard and gradual process. Excluding the original 13 colonies, it basically works like this:

>new territory added to the US through purchase or conquest
>vague territorial borders are drawn by the federal government
>people move into that territory and promptly redraw the borders however they damn well please
>once the territory has a lot of people, it petitions for statehood
>Congress accepts

That's why we have silly stuff like two Dakotas.

No idea why Texas County in the Oklahoma Panhandle extends into the northern part of the Texas Panhandle. There is no logical grouping of these communities...

>not that it matters in the slightest as OK and TX panhandle people would prefer to be their own combined state

irrelevant state fag detected

What do those numbers represent? If it's people, 60 is like 5% of the population of Wyoming.

California, we brought home the most medals by a large margin

the rest of you flyover states can fight over being first loser

Good idea, we'll start by combining Canada into the US.

We sort of have that but the NCAA says they can't have medals.

but if we did that, we'd be left with California, Texas, Florida and New York only

This whole map is such bordergore that it almost makes me want to gouge my eyes out really. California looks like something a meth addict would draw while being busy choking on his tongue.

And don't say a word about those "funny" little 90 degree angles in the midwest

Do Ameri borders really trigger Old Worlders so much?

As far as I know it works in a pretty similar way to squash or racquetball, but they have these huge scoops that let them throw the ball stupid fast. Like 150mph and faster apparently

Fuck that I don't even like baseball

most normies havent seen a map of the united stated after 8th grade geography class so i doubt it would trigger anyone else than hardcore map autists who have seen far worse in here

>pic related

>being this new

youtube.com/watch?v=RwZLlwHp2zI

Is the rest of the US even trying?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Mitteleuropa_zur_Zeit_der_Staufer.svg

look at this fucking map for 5 minutes and say that again with a straight face

german unification was the best thing that has ever happened in the history of cartography

No wonder flyover states hate us. We produce the best winners.

Lel

Delaware a shit. Source; I live 15 minutes from there and its nothing but rednecks and niggers.

>states with highest population
>two states with mostly year round weather for the outdoor training
color me surprised

> muh per capita

>Since 1924
>California wasn't most populous until the 60's
What are you trying to prove?

who /rhode island/ here?

This bitch got blown out by Hosszu (and 4 others) in the medley.

Oh well, nothing new.

is that counting athletes who've moved there for college or training?

This

The fact that RI gets a fucking silver is too good for our shithole of a state.

Fucking goddamnit Belgium.

Alaska: oil and alcoholism
Hawaii: excuse to get into WWII

You don't mess with the Original 13.

WTF Belguim Get your shit together.

not as bad as the indo-bangladeshi border

maryland.
16 gold medals for 6 million people.

I am in the South, and we don't want West Virginia!

Southern because nigs

>Talks about irrelevant American states
>Canada

A FUCKING LEAF

Delete this

Western for summer & winter obv

NO, WE ARE NOT SHARING OUR OIL WITH WORST DAKOTA!

I knew a guy who lived in New Castle or some shit like that and it sounds absolutely horrible.

>no Central Texas, just N/W/S/Golf

DELETE THIS

I forgot new mexico was a state

>Summer olympics

Where in New Castle?

youtube.com/watch?v=gZbzncPXIUY