Is this the most disturbing horror movie of all time?

Is this the most disturbing horror movie of all time?

youtube.com/watch?v=NH-8L1iZq20

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8gdedjEb4w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fly_(opera)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why were remakes in the 80's so good?

no, but it has some noice body horror

Honestly over half of it isn't even horror, it's drama in watching a man slowly die of something akin to a horrible disease.

>implying that's not horrible.

it's a great horror flick, check out dead ringers and videodrome if you haven't already

one day your lower jaw will fall off. your tongue will dangle out of the raw, seeping hole and you will think back on this thread and laugh.

Personally I find the concept of John Carpenter's The Thing way more terrifying.

I read that as

>dead niggers

Martyrs is more disturbing.

horror means horrific m8 not horrible

did someone say disturbing?

No but i'll tell ya, it has the best damn score ever

it's a 10/10 movie, perfectly cast.

>implying that jeff goldblum slowly turning into a giant mutant fly is not horrificable

Naw Possession was

>Rape finds a way

>tfw no qt god damn rich cunt gf

Practical effect body horror is great. Too bad they don't really make it any more.
The Thing (2011) could have reinvigorated the practice, but of course they replace the hard work with glossy CGI because they're fucking retards

the sequel was worse

The Thing is great, it's even better when you read some background lore afterwards.
>yfw you learn that the odd echoing scream is the mashed up screams of all the lifeforms "the thing" had absorbed on its way to earth

>it's even better when you read some background lore afterwards.
What are you referring to?

The supposed origins of the "thing", that sequel that was never made that revealed how the "thing" represents cancer hunting down the healthy cells (people) or something etc.

Its easily the saddest horror film ive ever seen. That ending is so heartbreaking.

I think because they were trying to live up to the original, and wanted to make something of comparable quality.
In the 90s, this paradigm changed when it became apparent that rehashes didn't have to be good to make money.

the 90's and beyond really did kill horror movies

Due to the state of the industry at the time.

It was just before the surge of the low budget/high grossing slasher 90s flicks and studios had money to pour into risky directors such as carpenter or cronenburg who co-incedentally were big fans of old horror films. Theres also the fact that prosthetic effects were all the rage then and were perfected to a science in this era. You would never see anything like that happening today because the only big money makers are PG13 films aimed towards tweens and women (the only groups who really go to the cinema en masse any more). A hard R box office hit is nearly unheard of so people stop making hard R films.

p scary

>fuses with the teleportation pod
>doesn't become a metal fly with teleportation powers

Shit movie, doesn't even follows it's own internal logic

>it's a millenial thinks he's about to watch an old superhero movie but instead he's about to take his first steps into patriciandom episode

ur logic is the brokn 1

I just watched it again because of this thread.

when he arm wrestles that guy in the bar, what is the source of that juice that appears? is it fly juice from brundle's fingers or is he just squeezing the big guy's hand so hard that human juice comes out?

It's liquid Soylent Green. So yes, it's "human juice."

it's fly juice, he's at the beginning stages of transformation at that point iirc (I watched it a few days ago incidentally)

also the insect politics speech was p. good

I have never seen the fly. The whole concept just grosses me out too much.

I agree now but in the past I thought it was from the trucker guy because he was super strong.

This is the scene if anyone is wondering

youtube.com/watch?v=D8gdedjEb4w

Seems like its coming out of Brundle

The Fly is a Soylent Green prequel.

Seth was receiving funds from what will later become the Soylent Corporation.

Btw, unrelated, but pretty cool if your into that sort of thing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fly_(opera)