>begins a new empire
>friends
Really?

I thought only privileged white leftists believed in those memes

You thought wrong.

yea, portugal is the best country in the world at being retarded

per capita jajajajajajaj

We had the same amount :-)

Stop bullying the last one who still like us, angsty.

But finland is pretty good at the Winter ones. It must be pretty good being from a country where both Olympics are relevant

Well yeah it's cool, but these olympics were the worst medal wise in our history.. and we have not been good in recent winter events either.

Teria ganhado bem mais se dependesse de mim. ;-;

the reason we went there,
>teria ganhado

>ptbr triggering ptpt

W-wtv we're still better at football

not bros, we are their daddy.

esta correcto, o verbo ter pede a forma regular do verbo "ganhar".
>a ignorância

pode-se usar ambos, no caso do verbo ganhar: "ter ganho" ou "ter ganhado", ambos correctos.

reminder que esses são os teus antepassados, não os meus.
kek

reminder that those are your ancestors, not mine.
kek

What is O suspeito foi preso / A polícia teria prendido o suspeito?

já mostrei ao user que ele estava errado.
no caso do verbo ganhar, "ter ganho" e "ter ganhado" são ambos correctos.

bring back the gold.

can't, it was all spent in churches and subsequently stolen by the French.

to get back most of our collective heritage, we would need to pillage the Louvre, the British Museum and the Museum Island in Berlin.

Fucking thread. Atomic truth bomb to end all PT vs BR arguments.

I can't believe I witnessed it ;_;

>Poortulel

Correto*

I spell the way I learned, not how the "acordo" forces me to write.

I share Fernando Pessoa's take on this: he was against homogenising our language and felt people should be intelligent enough to understand each other (despite the differences) when there's not even a difference in dialect between Portuguese in Portugal and in Brazil.

Look at the UK and the USA, do they need to decide there's only one way to write their language?

kek

I know, right?
I work with people from all over Brazil and we oftentimes have trouble communicating, such are the differences in our own language, let alone compared to Angola or PT.

The acordo doesn't force shit (apart from teaching it in schools now, unfortunatly), because they know it was signed during a diplomatic brain fart episode. You can write European Portuguese for the rest of your life.

Well, it's compulsory in schools, and those kids will be the future: so yes, in a sense, it is being forced. But yes, I hope I'll be able to write the way I learned for te rest of my life. My grandfather did ("Manoel", "Thomaz", etc) and nobody bothered him.

The only way to develop an intelligent brain for language is to get used to diversity from the get go. If you don't need to bridge that communication gap between yourself and the person who speaks differently from you, you'll never be challenged and your language skills will suffer from that. It's essential to see language as a construct in order to learn other languages more easily. If all you hear is people who speak and write just like you, your language will become like a second skin (natural) and so attached to you that it'll be very hard to shed those automatisms and rewire your brain to learn something else. That's why I think Latin is still useful, it shows the mechanisms you don't see in your own idiom because you speak it instinctively.

Just to cite 2 examples, O Público and Porto Canal still use the old norm. [Spoiler] It's not because they're still adapting [/spoiler] ;)

stop bullying portugal pls

Yeah, I'm aware of that. And i'm also allowed to write my thesis the way I want, as long as it's coherent from beginning to end. I'm not worried about myself, I'm only worried that future adults will be writing in "acordês" and jeopardising any diversity that's left in our language.

hope you'll do better next time, pai

have some respect, you would still be hunting with bow and arrows if not for us

É curioso ver brasileiros brancos que não gostam dos portugueses, parece que eles não percebem de onde vieram.

>tfw you're better best losers than portugal

The likelyhood of you being a white brasilian with Portuguese blood is high considering you can afford internet and a computer. Your great great great great great grandpa did you a favor by fucking your great great great great great great grandma's injun/ african pussy.

>But finland is pretty good at the Winter ones

No we're shit at there too since Norwegians cheated us from all skiing medals.

>this entire thread

Guys, did you know Portugal's medal was on one of those sports that award 2 bronzes?

Ignore this retard.

WE ARE BROS! dont let anyone say otherwise!

>correCto
REEEEEE respect the agreement

I'd trade all >our medals for a Euros win desu

se vc acha que todos os brasileiros brancos vieram de portugal vc é tão burro quanto os portugueses.

>brazilians
>talking about being white
>in portuguese
>on an english-speaking mongolian basketweaving imageboard

We won what we would've wished for, desu.

Good. Maybe now they'll invest in something besides football.

>Portugal
>1 bronze medal
>on a sport that hands 2 bronze medals

are u a portuguese cleaning toilets in brazil? UEHUEHAUEHAUE

>what is reading comprehension

>shortugal

I used to love your ski jumpers.
what happened to the nation that produced the Ari-Pekka Nikkolas and the Janne Ahonens of this word?

Bullshit give brazil his gold back we know you still have some

jej

see my replies about that, including my statement about Fernando Pessoa.
I'm a libertarian when it comes to language: I don't think governments should decide how we write and spell our language for us.

*world

>what is linguistics
Nigga, PEOPLE speak whatever they want. I swear to you, instead of 'tu' I go with 'cê' and fuck whoever got butthurt witht hat.

thank u for confirming

that's absurd.
do you also want Brazil to hand the country over to the natives?
because that's the original people who lived there before the LUSO-BRAZILIANS took over the whole country.

yeah, so we agree.
what's the problem?

Stop giving a fuck about that shit and speak whatever you feel like, famiglia.

erm, ok.