Christopher Tolkien didn't like any of Peter Jackson's movies

Christopher Tolkien didn't like any of Peter Jackson's movies.

Not even Fellowship.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YH4Xr6GIp4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EVISCERATED

why would anybody ever care about a man who did literally nothing but live off his father's success for his entire life?

The entire series was written for his enjoyment.

>Being that much of a book fag

I doubt he would've liked it even if they gave each movie ten billion dollars and let them be as long as they needed to be

not surprising, most of the cgi was pretty bad

He finished The Silmarillion with his father. Without Cristopher, Silmarillion would've remained unfinished.

Chris is top tier curator of legacies, no one else in fantasy literature even comes close. Look at what happened to Asprin's Myth series, Herbert's Dune, Jordan's Wheel of Time, Zelazny's Amber. All ruined. Tolkien? Not so much.

Thank you Chris

What a pleb. His father J. R. R. Tolkien loved the movies so much he congratulated Peter Jackson for "successfully bringing his work to the big screen with a movie trilogy better than he could have ever imagined"

Did that from the grave did he?

Why would he? They are not good adaptations.
They are clearly a labor of love though, and very good fantasy movies, mostly because of excellent source material and passionate filmmakers. The Lord of the Rings, that is. The Hobbit movies are a travesty on every front.

Are they a labour of love? They seem narcissistic. Like why make pipeweed into marijuana? It's not marijuana.

GROND

For the best desu
Silmarillion is unreadable

>Like why make pipeweed into marijuana?
I'm fairly certain they only did that in The Hobbit.

Check rec.arts.books.tolkien. It's been a thing since Fellowship.

It's really disgusting

Yeah, well, I know there are a lot of things that are out in full force in The Hobbit movies that are already showing in the earlier trilogy, where they were presumably kept at a minimum by the many passionate Tolkien fans that worked on it - and, of course, less pressure from the studio moneybags to conform to current cultural trends and so on.

>the many passionate Tolkien fans that worked on it
Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson not being counted amongst them, of course.

this could become a meme

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yeah. I don't care what they consider themselves, I'm judging by the result of their work.

What happened to Asprin's Myth series?

Who cares. It's not like HE wrote those books

Ruined by Jody Lynn Nye.

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

This is what must really hurt for Peter Jackson. The original audience for the series hates what he's done.

>youtube.com/watch?v=YH4Xr6GIp4U
LOTR was a masterpiece.

Not even Fellowship.