Official Indycar at Pocono race thread

Saw no thread, where is everyone

>It's a Sato wipes out early episode
>It's a Pippa Mann episode

/Our guy/ Alotion is leading.

Rossi on the rise

I feel like we're going to get good racing but then Dixon is going to fuel mileage win this

T R I C K Y

R

I

C

K

Y

Or Rossi pulls another Indy 500 today...

Is Aloshin based?

Literally the only slav there.

I'd say so. He'll never get super-popular because 'Murricans hate Russians, but he's got a lot of talent and is the only "Furriner" that has come into Indycar that actually LIKES ovals in forever.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOURDAIS FUCK OFF.

driving a car is not a sport.

racing a car is a sport

>And dancing horses is an olympic sport
Fuck logic

A horse is an athlete, so cars are too.

>fun fact Pocono was originally designed for Indycars not stockcars.
Thanks Robin Miller.

No, it's a hobby. Kinda like masturbating

>they don't even give an horse its own medal

all sports can also be hobbies

That's why nascar races at pocono are so boring

you now remember when based aleshin had a chance to win mid-ohio but his crew released him from the pit stall too early

Imagine if Munoz wins one for da Congo.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RHR DIE IN A CRASH IT'S ALOTION'S TIME.

>commentators giving love to aleshin

i feel like the childhood friend jealous of any girl that comes near the main character. how bittersweet

Neither is MMA shit, but it still gets threads on Sup Forums.

Was it this race last year that Wilson got killed or was it another Pocono race?

last year

It was this race last year. The guy that crashed and had the debris from his car hit JWill still hasn't mentally recovered IMO.

Why are all Penskes total shit in this race?

This is the anniversary.
Vautier almost got taken out by debris but the backmarker survives to race again while we lose a gentleman like Wilson. The world's not fair sometimes. Vautier is in GT3s now I think he was on the podium at the Spa 24h. Nobody really liked him though.

wtf Vautier was a fine person and had some decent races, just didn't have the money to stay in Indy cars

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

CRASH

ROSSI AND KIM-BALLS

Because Team Penske usually dominate leading up to The Indy 500, then coast through the rest of the season.

Vautier was alright. Not exactly a world-beater, buy he was easily the most compitent fed river Dale Coyne ran last year.

>WHOA WATCH OUT
> BIG CRASH
>camera zoomed in on some rando crew member on pit lane
>we don't see it until 5 minutes later

thanks NBC

>Rossi

Wellp, time to go back to F1 with Manor.

>CASTRONEVES
>ROSSI
>KIMBALL

TRIO OF JUSTNESS.

that was scary as balls lads

>keeping pit road open while the safety crew is in it

>Rossi
>pitting

they're trying to get helio going again

How the shit did that wreck happen? Isn't Poconos pit lane particularly wide for Indycar?

I mean it wasn't Kimball's fault, but if Rossi didn't hit him it looked like Kimball was on path to hit Castroneves anyway

>car right
>car right
>car right
>car right
>car right
>car right

>IT WAS KIMBALL
>IT WAS KIMBALL
>IT WAS KIMBALL

WEW.

Thanks Alex

Now Halo is going to be fast-tracked to be installed by Spa 2016!

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE

Le Dancing With the Stars Man needs to retire already. That accident was embarrassing.

reminder Castroneves is still taking up Greg Moore's seat

reminder it's been almost 17 years

>car hops right over open cockpit
As a turnleft fag, these drivers have some serious balls to do this shit, these days turnleft cars are like 80% roll cage.

helio behind the wall

I'm not sure that kimball was going to make it to his pit stall, he was too fast

>Budlight trying to be diverse
>Seth Rogen and Amy Schumer in EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED commercial because beer lmao
>Advertising during a sport that only redneck males watch

What are they meaning with this?

That's why a lot of them stay in Indycar for a while and newcomers from other series like Barrichello walked away after a season.

nvm I think I have mesothelioma now instead

i should buy a chevy truck

Indycar has a slight less redneck fan base compared to NAPCAR, that's why.

basically this
>DUDE WEED LMAO guy is in a commercial? haha I like 2 of his movies
>this bitch made me laugh on her TV show
>better buy the product

and even if people hate the commercial, it is merely all about repetition of the product name. the company is a juggernaut and people will continue buying their product as long as the name stays in their head

Pure shit amerifat motor""""""""""sport""""""""""

This series is a bad joke and so are all of you.

>Driver gets a hit hard enough to give him a concussion
>Series let's him race anyway

Bravo, Indycar. Bravo.

lol thanks

Then why are you losing your time here?

At least it doesn't have phantom debris cautions every time the leader opens up a big gap on the rest of the field or a fucking fake-as "Play-off" for a championship.

Hamilton would dominate this irrelevant NASCAR tier motor"""""""""sport""""""""""

>Pippa Mann
She's still in Indy? Why?

Hey salty proxyfag.

Another win by Pagenaud.
*Yaw,*

she's literally profiting from a disease

>Not rooting for a fellow frog

No, he wouldn't. Not when the biggest race of the year is on a Oval and it pays double points.

>those bitter tears of jealousy

TAKE MY ENERGY ALOTION.

\0/

welp time for halos.
Even though the FIA never seemed to pay attention to Indycar before.
maybe only Graham doesn't like Vautier.

>Hamilton would dominate

what's her endgame

Indycars don't have power steering like F1 cars. he wouldn't last a full race

When Jean Girard was with Schmidt, his wins were a middle finger to Indycar's established top teams. Now that he's driving for a top team, we hate him.

fuck you Pagenaud is based

Indycar is working on a canopy-like covering similar to Red Bull'S concept and rumour has it that they're trying to get it ready by 2018 to go along with a new chassis & engone package.

>Hamilton would dominate
Let me guess, fan since 2014?
That faggot doesn't have the balls to drive one of these

Strm pls

Rahal? he seems to dislike everyone at any moment if it helps his latest whine

Alonso does. He'said said in interviews that he wants to race at Le Mans and at Indy when his F1 career is over.

>Inb4 "It already is over"

Rahat was right in the title hunt last year when he got caught up in Vautier's wreck. He had a reason to be pissed off at him.

Don't usually watch indy, who should I root for besides this literally who russian?

newgarden, the black and neon car in 3rd

Josef Newgarden
James Hinchcliffe
Juan Pablo Montoya
Simon "Jean Girard" Pagednaud
Conor Daly

The russian is Ivan Drago trying to win over the americans

what's up with all these pit lane incidents?
Don't you have spotters for a reason?

yep. Indycar just doesn't seem to enforce 'unsafe releases' to the degree F1 does, so you get teams pushing the edge and we end up seeing the many incidents we've had this season

To be fair, it was a fuck-up by all three teams and all of their spotters. Also, Hello is done for the day and Rossi, if he gets back out on track, is going to get a BIG penalty.

F1 has been a shit series since the 80's.

Drivers don't matter in that series as much as the cars do, and you can take any of the top 10 drivers and put them in the best cars for any given year, and they'd win...

M O T I O N

A
L
E
S
H
I
N

>have a spotter
>pay attention the spotter
There's a big difference between those 2

Thanks based Mikhail "no fucking around, no strategy just gotta be 1st" Aleshin

>dixon steadily gaining 2-3 additional laps of fuel in each stint

he's gonna do it isn't he?

There were some midfield F1 teams in the early 90's that had good cars but bad drivers (Ligier, Minardi when they had Lamborghini V12s), but yeah since the late 1990's F1 has been more about the car than the driver.

Indyacr kind of has that going on a little bit too right now, but the gap between Chevrolets & Hondas can be measured in tenths of a second instead of whole seconds.

Someone expendable like Chilton should crash Will Power into Newgarden.

>tfw no WSGS shitposting anymore

Mikhail is oldschool. If he were 'Murrican the Trackforum "Fans" would be clamoring to get him into sprint car racing on dirt.

He might. Dixon's greatest skill as a driver is being able to save fuel while still going quick enough to keep up with the top-half of the field.

Not gonna happen on an Oval. I could see it going down at Watkins Glen or Sonoma though...

>Implying that was fun
>Ever