"hey i have an idea for an album. well combine two horrible songs for a few minutes, the combine two more...

>"hey i have an idea for an album. well combine two horrible songs for a few minutes, the combine two more. we do this for an hour"
>mu ends up liking it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Showdown_of_Ultimate_Destiny
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>another redditor triggered by mouth moods

>mu ends up liking it
yeah buddy, what are you gonna about it?

Village People and Hans Zimmer collab when???

>mu has deteriorated to the point where disliking this is considered reddit

Village People will take the stage during Hans' set at Coachella, we'll all witness this on stream

>People who dont enjoy youtube poop tier meme music are redditors
Sup Forums should really stop being so proud of having shitty music taste

>5 post 4 IPs

hello OP (redditor)

see

What the fuck? Mouth Moods IS Reddit and not only is it Reddit it's the most Reddit fucking thing I've seen celebrated here in my 8 years of browsing /mu.

Neo-Sup Forums is beyond fucking saving is tits like this are tastemakers now.

>no unique IP change

this is pathetic OP

>most reddit thing i've seen in 8 years of browsing Sup Forums

did you miss MBDTF getting on Sup Forumscore?

Please don't tell me you're sitting behind your computer with a smirk and felt good about comparing Dark Fantasy with a fucking youtube-esque mashup. I don't know when you pricks are being ironic or not anymore. It actually makes me sad that this might be a real opinion.

>kanyefag

yup prime reddit material

So because I'm defending a Dark Fantasy comparison to basically YouTube poop I have an agenda. Ok kid you've had your fun, fuck off back to /r/music.

>fuck off back to /r/music

projection

i cant even imagine being the type of person that would enjoy listening to mashups of jack black and smashmouth

dont you guys feel that the punch of the joke starts to wear off after listening to it more than once?

whats the point of music you listen to once then never again. only a few songs here really work as songs, the rest are just funny one off jokes.

Yes. The first listen is always really good, but subsequent listens are often much less interesting or enjoyable (with some exceptions). It's the same with all his albums.

I still appreciate them though and am glad they exist.

Most of the songs in the mashes are a little before reddit's time (and much of Sup Forums - the ones from reddit that is), so they're unable to appreciate it

Fuck you. I lived through all of the songs in the mash-up. They weren't good then and they aren't good now that they're ironic.

It's like any comedy film, if you watch it too often it'll lose its appeal. You watch it every once in a while to see what jokes you missed.

Neil IS Sup Forums. Neil was making waves on the internet when you were literally in diapers. He is a cultural icon and is here to stay. YOU are the problem with Sup Forums. YOU are the newfag.

Making waves lul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Showdown_of_Ultimate_Destiny
Yeah. Me and my friends in junior high felt it was a masterpiece. Of course all preteens have impeccable taste in all things. Probably why Sup Forums loves it right now.

you could literally be 15 years old and recognize every song thats on there

this is all so very true

first listen of a mashup album: HOOOOLY SHIIT
second listen of a mashup album: lol still cool
third listen of a mashup album: wtf why am I listening to songs I don't like being played together

the album has its transcendent moments; "Annoyed Grunt," for example--that one's got a longer shelf life than a lot of the other material

The Melon shouldn't have reviewed this album. I agree with him that if he reviews it, it should get a high score--it's exceptionally good for its genre. For the most part its genre is just too disposable, though. Sorry to be the unenlightened non-postmodern structuralist fuddy duddy, but if the album is worn out in three listens, then it's not a 9/10 album, even if Mouth Moods is better than 90% of mashup albums, which it is.

An answer might be to classify all mashup albums as "plunderphonics" and severely deduct points away from albums that primarily follow the mashup formula (recognizably combining two songs).

The first track was really good. I liked the way he interwove all the melodic lines together, but I guess I expected that to happen for the rest of the album (it did to some degree but hardly to the mastery of that track) so I was all-in-all disappointed. The problem I had with the rest of it is that he pretty much just takes one song and puts it to the beat or melody of another without doing much else interesting with it, which isn't necessarily a problem, but an entire album full of it is just kinda boring. People raved on here about T.I.M.E. and I love the premise but the novelty wore off and the isolated vocals really bugged me. Annoying Grunt was also good, as well as Shit and the Queen/Smash Mouth one.

>mu likes shit music
>suddenly this is a surprise

Get your facts straight my man, you're on a board where Kanye is considered a musical mastermind.

Defending Dark Fantasy relative to Mouth Moods is like saying literal raccoon shit is better than a shiny rock. Sure, the shiny rock doesn't have much value, but at least you can still not get a disease from it

>falling for the "kanye is another dumb nigger rapper" meme

His parents are both professors. He's been awarded multiple art scholarships out of highschool. He began his music production career coding in 7th grade and wanted to make a soundtrack for his video game. He worked 10 years in Parisian fashion houses as apprentice and was personally tutored the head of the Masters at Central St Martins (the elite school of fashion, has tighter entry requirements than Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and Yale. Alexander McQueen is one of the many famous students). Kanye owns multiple patents for innovations. He's an incredibly bright man.

He never fails to speak his mind even if it hurts his career if he thinks he's doing the right thing. His"controversies"include: speaking against homophobia in the industry, speaking against Bush's botching of Katrina, speaking against rigged award shows, speaking against the lack of integrity in the media, speaking against the price gouging and elitism of the high fashion world.

Don't let the MSM spread the narrative of him being stupid or crazy. The man has unparalleled success in every field he has ever entered from music to art to fashion to business.

Don't let the MSM push a narrative of him being an elitist. His entire career has been dedicated to his fans and shunning personal gain to preserve integrity.

>the shiny rock doesn't have much value

what reality do you live in?

One where gold isn't a rock, it's a metal

Bustin is the track that I always will come back to

Just like diamond right

what is metal if not a shiny rock

Every album after Late Registration is nothing

you must have a pretty limited imagination then

My rock's have more than one element in their pure form, gold is an element, diamond is just erect carbon

It might be pyrite

The fact that you think this is meme-music just goes to show how underage all of you are (I cannot wait until you are banned). The fact of the matter is all of the songs mashed up in this album were very popular in the 90s, and a couple in the 80s. There is literally

NOTHING
O
T
H
I
N
G

memey about this album. It's a well made, great sounding album that those of us over the age of 18 are able to appreciate and enjoy (and discuss here legally) for the great creative piece of musicianship and workmanship it is.

>"b-but SOME-BODY is a Shrek meme!!!1"

Shut the fuck up you snot nosed, middle school aged, pubes-haven't-quite-come-in-fully-yet twerp. I want you all to understand something. I know your mom probably wasn't even old enough to bear children when that song came out, but I was alive, and I was there, and let me tell you all that All Star by Smash Mouth was a "meme" (an unforced, natural "meme" at that) before the word "meme" was a twinkle in the eye of whatever faggot came up with that stupid word. And it was huge before that stupid movie Shrek ever came out too. EVERYONE knew that song, EVERYONE sung that song, you could not escape it wherever you went. Why? Because it was a great, catchy, excellently musical pop song. Same with This is the Story of a Girl. You pieces of shit.

Anyway, enjoy all your ban, I look forward to your return to this board in a few years after all of you turn 18 and have matured a bit and also caught up on your music and pop culture history!

nice bait you autistic retard