ITT: Modern artists who you believe will be viewed as influential in 20 years time

Kanye West
Drake
SOPHIE
M.I.A.
Young Thug
Death Grips

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blZp-ln7FDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kodak black

dont deny it

is this a bait thread?

I'm way better than all those artist but people will only recognise my talent when I'll die so me

>someone makes a bold yet substantiated claim
>"waah is this a bait thread"
Every time. Provide your own opinion or piss off, cunt.

Beyonce probably too

>posts meme/painfully terrible or mediocre artists
>but they'll be influential i swear
>your opinion
>bold or substantiated
Every time.

>influence is dependent on quality
How deep does the rabbithole of your retardation go? Worst is you've yet to actually refute the OP claims and are just reliant on a kneejerk faux-smug ideation that just because those artists are "memes" on Sup Forums that they can't be deemed influential in due time.

you're either incredibly new or incredibly fucking stupid if you think that any of that music is going to be liked much less discussed in even 5 years time

post who you think will be then

alce galss

how is drake influential? isn;t the point of his music now that it has the widest appeal possible? i thought drake was only after selling records. i agree with the rest though

OP here.

>Kanye West
Influence already apparent and manifested in numerous pop acts today. Has single-handedly carved a soundscape which sums up the apathetic ethos of a generation.

>Drake
Culture Vulture but indubitably a force to be reckoned with in the industry. And I don't mean that in terms of quality, just in terms of sheer status and recognition.

>SOPHIE
Probably the most daring of all my predictions considering he's not really well-known outside a few niche communities on the Internet. But depending on his trajectory and collaborations he could become lowkey inspiration for a few up and coming acts down the line. His style is unique enough to warrant that.

>M.I.A.
Not necessarily unique in the slightest but one of the few modern mainstream artists to mesh traditional culture and music together. Could go either way.

>Young Thug
A bit too bold of a prediction as he could indeed be forgotten within the next few years, but I don't think so. JEFFERY was boundary-pushing and I believe will be viewed as such eventually.

>Death Grips
This is the one Sup Forums doesn't want to admit, but fortunately for my case the influence is already manifest. David Bowie, Bjork, Frank Ocean, Danny Brown, Run The Jewels, and emerging acts such as XXXTentacion (which I hate to say considering how shilled he is here, but that's beside the point).

Crap
Feces
Shit
Dung
Crusty Rat's Asshole
Slightly stale bread

>JEFFERY was boundary-pushing and I believe will be viewed as such eventually
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Thank you for informing me of such a thing in a thread of conjecture while not actually addressing the point I made. How could JEFFERY not conceivably be seen as boundary-pushing, theoretically speaking of course, in 20 years time?

both Kanye and Drake are already hugely influential

among other things, they made acting white when you're a black rapper cool

Who has Drake influenced?

me

>not including lana del ray

dont disrespect the queen of nostalgia like that m8.

1-Oh-tricks

The weird frontier

lmfao
Only legitimate answer in this thread.

UGHHH
YAH

Regarding young thug, I think he will be influential, but even though I really like JEFFERY, I dont't think it was boundary pushing.Still, hos whole style and personality make him very unique. Other than thst, I think you have a point. Also, XXXTentacion sucks

anyone that uses soft synths and sing raps about their feelings

no, music will not be based off "influence" it'll be based off feelings and other post modern bullshit.

All those artists are shit btw.

>Death Grips

Hella will be immortalized through Church Gone Wild, DG will soon be forgotten.

get outta here scaruffi

Didn't Bowie already say that Blackstar was influenced by death Grips?

I only agree with Kanye, SOPHIE, and Death Grips.

Young Thug is way too new of an artist to be saying anything concrete about him, Drake is only influential to shitty pop artists who aren't smart enough to branch out of his shitty sound, and M.I.A. is not gonna be immortalized outside of the indie circle.

You're confusing Drake with 808's and Heartbreaks

yes, and it was also influenced by Kendrick Lamar

this is all true. prescient, user
nah
yeah def

i'd say tame impala, arca, blood orange maybe..

>Grimes will
>Chvrches won't
They're pretty much the same thing.

yes.

RP Boo, father of footwork.
My local hip hop station [power 92] plays juke/footwork stuff ate at night. Hopefully it catches on

drake 100% no. he built his career off of cannibalizing things other artists already did, not even in an innovative way.

i like chvrches, but i hope this is a meme.

Why MIA up there??

nah dude. like her music or not grimes is an auteur, chvrches make fun but not altogether challenging pop music

i predict every pop song in the next half decade will sound like this
with more syncopation and arab influenced rhythms of course
youtube.com/watch?v=blZp-ln7FDE

yes, the melody of the music matching the vocals will be an emerging trend.

It's pretty obvious retard

kanye will probably end up being the most influential overall, hope to fuck not drake, too early to see with SOPHIE, m.i.a. is already becoming completely forgotten, most likely yes for young thug sadly, a big yep for death grips

yeah cookie-cutter 80's revival will be influential, fuck off

sadly yes

sadly yes

already forgotten

already super influential

>Kendrick Lamar (Pic Related)
>Kanye West
>Young Thug
>Death Grips
>Pink Guy (100% Serious)