What kind of tv should I get?

70"+ 1080p or 60" 4K

4k is a meme

3D is a meme
4K will be the standard

Thsts what I thought. So get the biggest 1080p I can? Aka 80 or so

8k will become a standard.before.4k. Yea 3D sucks

>8k will become a standard.before.4k
considering most digital films are made at best with 4K (most are just mastered upto 4K), I think 8K will never be a standard but the odd few stuff will come out in that resolution (eventually a lawrence of arabia 8K)

>70 inch 1080p tv
Do you want your pixels the size of a football or something?

1080p but not too big because

Thanks for your shit opinion

Get a 4K that has HDR you fucking autist.

Duh, obviously you buy the most expensive TV with the biggest numbers.

t. I bought a 4k and don't want to admit it was a waste of money

its only a waste of money buying one before they have gone cheaper. They will become the norm soon enough. No doubt Sony and the rest will be pushing them to low prices this Christmas

Is that how it would really be? Isn't it better than a 40 inch? Whats better upscaled bluray on n 4k or huge ass 1080p bluraym What kind of tv do you have?

What size do you have

>What size do you have

Ten inches, baby.

One of those last 55 or 56 inch plasmas. It's great, but when sitting up close, you can already see that it could use more pixels. I can't imagine 1080p looking good on 70 inch TVs and bigger.

4K is the future - there's not a lot of content now, but there won't be long until 4K blu rays flood the market. Many movies already have been rescanned in 4K and most digital content today is shot at 4K. It would be short sighted to buy 1080p TV now.

Also, make sure your new TV will be able to play HDR video.

I don't have a 4k, on account of being a poorfag. I'm going to get the Vizio P65‑C1 during Black Friday.

>it's a Sup Forums is too pleb to know about OLED 4K episode

too pleb to afford it

What 4K media could you consume at this point? Apparently Netflix 4K streams look worse than a 1080p BluRay

Well I'm getting at least a 65 inch 1080p the 4k aren't worth it yet especially at their size

there are already discs on amazon, selection is limited but it's started already. Have to buy a player though

Oh that's encouraging. Can't wait for it to be the standard, but that might be a while

dont think in terms of size and resolution.

Thats how YIFY works. You want to think aboup picture quality.

The amount of time it will take 8k will be

I doubt it. 4K monitors and TVs are becoming more and more common. Meanwhile barely any 8K TVs are being made and an 8K monitor is just ludicrous and unnecessary. I can't see 8K catching up very quickly, unless there's some crucial fact I'm missing

What's better to watch bluray on a big 1080p screen or a smaller 4k screen its that simole that's all that matters now what do you have

I have 50" 1080p and I feel even that's pushing it for pixel density.

it doesnt matter at all. What matters is the picture quality, which has little to do with resolution or size.

A BluRay will still be 1080p on a 4K stream

screen**

You're still not helping me lol. I dont care about 4k content definitely not now. What tv do you have and size is it

Yes I know but would it lool better than a bigger 1080p tv

>What tv do you have and size is it
I have a 7 year old sony plasma.

You are looking for colours and image quality, not pixels. Dont buy a supermarket brand tv. Research online what the best tv you can get for your budget is without paying attention to resolution or size.

The real question for the discerning buyer is whether to wait for the 2017 models. If OLED gets a bit cheaper that could change the calculus.

I have a 32" Toshiba LED, I think it looks amazing. If I ever were to upgrade it will be when OLED becomes cheap at the size I would want (around 40 inches)

In the market for a new TV myself, the sensible option would be something like a 43" 1080p, but part of me wants to get retarded and buy something in the 48-50 inch range.

It's a bit sad how you can tell the thread tends toward solitary NEETs, since they are talking about fucking 30 or 40 inch tvs that only make sense if you are watching on a desk, using it like you would a PC monitor.

Socially functional people need something you can view from a couch at a moderate distance

I've got a 55" hisense 4k. It's alright, wasn't too expensive

Pretty wary of the cheap 4k TVs, if the panel isn't crap the image processing will be.

I have a nice samsung 40something inch led smart tv. But I want a bigger one