>2016
>not proudly supporting the last remaining video stores in your area that actually do a good job.

Does Sup Forums still go to video stores and rent movies or are you all guilty of killing this fun industry?

ITT we post pictures of the last video stores to survive the Netflixization of movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2015/09/24/tom-roston-50-video-stores
youtube.com/watch?v=9VMhEq6kxG4
classicvideo.ca/index.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=JD8Ibxyl820
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2016
>Implying there are any left

Actually, there's still quite a view left in major cities.

There's actually many dozens of video stores all across the US to this day.

ew.com/article/2015/09/24/tom-roston-50-video-stores

Seattle still has Scarecrow video.

You guys have to see this short documentary on Scarecrow video.

They have so much.

I frequented my local Blockbuster, but it was a lost cause ultimately.

I would if I could, it was sad seeing the local mom & pop video store close down. 5 bucks would get you 5 movies for 5 days (anything more than a year old), loved just walking up and down aisles picking stuff. The last few weeks they pretty much sold every movie for a dollar, and little by little the aisles started thinning out. I still have hot fuzz and batman begins from the closedown sale. I miss that place...

I wish I could go there just to rip movies for my private trackers.

What a depressing place to work at

>le video

Video stores are reddit

You should search for video stores near you. You might get lucky.

I'm pretty sure they're all gone in England, our local Blockbusters shut down years ago

>tfw when I always promised myself I would work in there when I got to 18 years old

>blockbuster

You should aim higher, like this.

Same here ;_;

>actually do a good job

they don't exist here though... there was a time that video and later DVD rental stores were comfy, these days are gone

Would that I lived in America mate, seems like they kicked our asses in that regard.

I don't get why people didn't like going to the video store, it was so comfy just wandering through the aisles.

>they don't exist here though...

Where's here? There's a bunch of video stores in America who do a great job and still survive.

Australia, there might be some and I think I'll check it out

Australian internet is actually that bad

I feel sorry for you guys. I know some of you on private trackers and you all have to use seedboxes.

there's a pretty amazing one in the city I live in that I go to frequently

they have a website that lets you search what movies they have and in what formats it is available

pretty great

Which store?

the last video rental store in my city just shut down. they are having a sale of all their dvds/blu-rays, i'm going over to see if they still have some old vhs tapes left, for nostalgia.

as far as i can tell, there are no more rental stores left in the country

classicvideo.ca/index.asp

it's an independent

There's no broadband access where I am (3 minute drive outside a pretty large town for Australia, 50k people), I have to tether to my mobile and I have a 3gb data limit with an extra 2gb over the weekends.

>3gb data limit
p-per month?

>>not proudly supporting the last remaining video stores in your area that actually do a good job.

>> No video stores match your search criteria.

Wait are you telling me that one of the most hipster towns in the country is selling unecessary, outdated technology at a significant markup in order to cater to trustafarians thirsty for a nostalgia they didn't actually experience?

Get the fuck outta here.

ye

oh SHIT

i used to live in rural norway, and the only option i had (beyond "broadband" that maxed out at 60 kb/sec) was wireless, i got a router though. cap at 30gb per month, and i thought that was hell.

i feel for you and all australians like you.

I actually frequent a small locally owned video store. They have quite a collection of VHS-Bluray and often break street date. How they managed to stay in business when they aren't a rental store, I'm not sure.

It's really amazing just how much stuff never made it do DVD/Bluray. I regularly go in an pick up old horror stuff and while it may not be AAA stuff, it's still damn enjoyable.

3gb is 100mb per day. I generally go through 2 subscriptions per month, we're supposed to have access soon™ though

well i hear some australians have decent connections so it can't be impossible. i hope things work out for the rest of the island.

>supporting outdated trash

why

Because they are better than Netflix

who's that cute fat babe

Stickers on covers... Fuck that shit.

Video rental places are still surviving in my country as candy stores.
So I guess I semi-support them few times a year.

she looks like she would unironically voluntarily get blacked. Is there some kind of hidden clause that if a white woman is thirty or more pounds overweight they have to date black people?

>supporting low rez formats
lmao no

My movie store closed yesterday, I couldn't believe it
All thats left is the cineplex and...redbox kiosks...

Black guys like big girls.

youtube.com/watch?v=JD8Ibxyl820

>fat peggy sat down
>because fat peggy was tired
>"renting movies is hard" said fat peggy

This is pretty much the reason I don't understand why people get in a tizzy over black guys with white girls. I've only seen black dudes with fat white women and their chubby mulatto babies. The only time I've seen thin white women with black guys they're rich or famous

I dunno why no one has invented this yet, but there should literally be a red box store that's full of nothing but wall to wall red boxes, one for each genre of film and even some for just games, or tv shows, anime, etc. Thats it. Its open 24/7 and has no staff. Its just a big room full of red boxes.

I still like physical media but I hate standing in line at an rb machine but a room full of them would be awesome and a neat modern way to have a video store.

Would cost money to rent the huge space and then you'd need somebody there every day to make sure nobody shits on the floor or gets a blowjob in the corner.

Niggers ruin everything.

Why would I need a video store when my local library has free DVDs and Blurays at the size of a video-store collection that I can rent for free?

this place looks amazing. the way they have it organised, just the look of the isles, everything. Like those huge multi-level city libraries, but just all film. I could wander and browse for hours.

>mfw i never will outside of my daydreams

This is why I love Japan; they understand the value of physical media and perserving the antiquated perfectly. These stores are all over Tokyo and not just for videos either. Books, games, figures, toys, magazines―everything.

I don't know if it's like that where you live but I can rent DVDs and even video games at my library.

I still pirate because it's faster though.

>tfw no qt chubby cinephile gf

There's one close to me that's huge and open until midnight, sometimes i'll go there to just look through all the selection.

Then i say bye to the employees and go home to download them.

Depends where you live. In the south that's generally the case because everyone in the south is garbage. Out west it's trendier so a lot of skinny hipsters do it.

watch and talk film all day. hows that depressing

>You will never meet a solid 7 with similar interests while searching for a Giallo film in a video store

>our faces when we will never walk down his aisles

wow, many dozens in a country of 300+ million people? that sounds like a lot

my local store had 'The Beyond', which caught me by surprise. Made a point about it to the qt employee behind the counter and had a nice chat, but then failed to take it further because i'm a beta.

Godamnit you're right. There needs to be at least one security guy sitting around to prevent niggertry.

Not a bad idea.

>Why would I need a video store when my local library has free DVDs and Blurays at the size of a video-store collection that I can rent for free?

Because that's a waste of time

How is it in any way more of a waste of time doing the same thing at a video store?

Video stores and libraries are dead, user. We piracy and Netflix now.

Okay, but that wasn't the question.

You created the question. You assumed "x is a waste of time" meant "libraries" were a waste of time rather than "the entire idea of browsing physical media at a physical location that isn't your home" is a waste of time.

Try to learn to keep up.

But that's wrong and you're fucking retarded.

Who is this test rest?

Feel free to elaborate.

Look up Family Video, dicklips.
Still active, own the actual land on their properties, tie in with pizza places, opened new stores in the last five years.

i see these

a lot of these actually

I used to back in the day but they're a lost cause at this point

there's still a blockbluster by where i live, in california. it has the blue sign and everything, idk who owns it though. I have been wanting to go but i currently have everything i want to watch on my laptop so whatever man, next time

RIP video rental

After finding out about pirating, I haven't rented/bought a movie. I can literally download whatever I want online and own it for free without ever having to leave my home.

I work at one. I am at work right now. There are 100+ stores in the chain. However we are rumored to be filing bankruptcy this month.

>you're irresponsible and constantly got boned with late fees

>didn't actually experience

Well, it's what you're doing right now technically but that's even more depressing.

I would go if I had one in my area. Sadly we don't..

To be honest even in the 80s and 90s I would rarely rent. Paying someone money for something that will never be mine and that I have to give back in a day or two.!?
That sounds just as retarded as Netflix.

I would never buy any of their new dvds, candy, or sodas because they were always WAAAY over priced compared to every other store in the area.

I supported them by buying their previously viewed VHS, dvds, and Blu rays if they had a good selection at a fair price point. For example four dvds for $20.

>tfw when just want to work in a video store and watch movies/tv while the occasional customer every hour comes in and we have some great banter and i recommend him a good film.
It's no longer possible, jewflix has ruined everything. I'm hearing it's still possible in america but England literally doesn't have any of these stores anymore besides HMV that sell the overpriced garbage blue rays.

2/10 Pasta bait

I wish they came to the UK but knowing the faggots here, they would probably shutdown in a month.

I went to video rental stores all throughout my teens and 20s.

That type of shit only happens in the movies user. People rarely ever talk to each other in video stores much less hook up. Even getting a few words out of the people who used to work there was like pulling teeth.

maybe you're a weird looking guy who people are too scared to talk to?

>video stores in your area that actually do a good job.
Implying there were any.
There's a reason amazon got so popular. It's because rural areas are shit.

I own one with my co-partner, in a medium size european city. We are the only one left in hundreds of km and having a few but dedicated customers, mainly because we both love movies, talk about them a lot with the customers, suggesting the good ones instead of renting crap and often hosting a free space for videomakers so they can show to everyone their stuff. Considering the market right now we are still doing fine.
Also, for some unknown reason, a new generation of hipsters too young to remember them is in love with VHS, claiming that they are better (they are actually crap), but they are buying a lot of unsold VHS left in store so who am I to disagree