Reminder that you will stop listening to and enjoying new music when you turn 33

avclub.com/article/new-study-shows-people-stop-listening-new-music-33-218752

Better start listening to music you want to enjoy in your old age now, while you still can

>tfw 31 and already don't care

26 year old here. It's already happened and I'm noticing it more and more.
Makes sense that my dad absolutely doesn't listen to anything but 60s and 70s.

I'm 39 and I listen to about 100 albums released each month

Nigga I dont even need to read that article to know that most people don't actively look for new music anyway and even more people dont give two shits about music outside of what they already know, truth is music doesn't really play an important role in people's lives like us.

i'm 7696432482058234754 and just discovering kanye for first time

>on average
Do you think I'm average, OP?
You are being very rude, you know? Very rude indeed. I don't appreciate that.

It's only natural people will stop looking for new experiences as they fall in routines. This "33 years rule" would be something like 20 years back when people were having children right and left.

Don't be stupid.

Well you're on Sup Forums so I'd say you are anything but exceptional

damn...

i think older people can still be affected by new music as long as its substantially similar to something they liked or just influenced by it

Shitty articles and people misinterpreting graphs: the thread

this
my dad likes all the cock rock revival bands that sound just like the garbage he listened to 30 years ago

>my mother is in her late 60's, listens to nothing but banda, mexican, classic R&B and top 40's old pop songs...
>recently caught her listening to trap...
I mean its nice shes exploring, but that is the fuckin last thing I'd of guessed.

how come my parents listen to music after 1985 then

fucking savage

Believe it or not, some people can choose to belong, instead of picking last resorts.

you haven't chosen anything

you're here forever. we'll never let you leave

My mom only listens to top 40 radio and never buys music so she never listens to old stuff. I'm becoming the same way since outgrowing rockism.

I'm only 18 and it's already happened. Not saying I don't think there are good things coming out but I just can't be bothered and it isn't enjoyable to listen to new things anymore.

>data from U.S. Spotify users

well they probably never liked music anyway if they use spotify

(not true by the way)

>data from U.S. Spotify users

stopped reading there

Who are your top 3 artists of the '10s Turny?

For new artists only prolific in the 2010s

Smoove & Turrell
Mark De Clive-Lowe
Lack of Afro