Can we have a thread discussing how wrong the critics were. Don't even play WoW and this was good...

Can we have a thread discussing how wrong the critics were. Don't even play WoW and this was good. If this came out in the 80s people would love it, was like heavy metal.

Okay tell me: is it really worth seeing in cinemas, even if you know nothing about Warcraft?

Aside from a few fat virgins, who thinks the critics were wrong?

They weren't though
This movie is complete and utter trash. Duncan "imdb" Jones showed his true colors with this pleb hogwash

The chinks liked the movie, that's all the proof you need to see how garbage it is.

No, it was absolute garbage. Shitty pacing, shitty dialogue, shitty visuals. And they left out all the good parts of the WC1 story and made it more convoluted. Should have been a simple, straightforward adaption of the game. Preferably R-rated with heavy focus on battle scenes. All the battles in the movie was awful. Just five people in plastic armor swinging at CGI

It was one of the most fun movie experiences I have ever had. Movie was fucking trippy

Why would you want to watch this flick if you know nothing about Warcraft?
It's a subpar fantasy movie with really low production value not a single decent actor, and absolutely awful action scenes.

>finger clipping through head
Most accurate videogame movie to date

Eh. It's a good action flick but the first half's a bit boring. Acting's bad but nothing really terrible. Go see it if you have time to kill

thisssss it was epic as f*ck

Because the Orc side looks awesome and their villain looks super badass who sucks the life out of others.

So would I enjoy it?

Is that an actual scene from the movie

The clipping is justified because it makes him fall to the ground in a more fluid and cinematic way.

>awesome
>super badass
I think Finding Dory is more suited for you.

It's fucking shit even as a fan of Warcraft. I can't even imagine how miserable of an experience it would be to see this movie without knowing any of the story.

Is it good for someone with only a fleeting understanding of Warcraft but who's unbearably depressed and just wants to escape into a colorful fantasy world for two hours?

No use asking here.
It's the in thing to hate on right now, and how much does a ticket cost?
If you're interested, go watch it, if you don't like it you're out a few bucks and 2 hours you would probably spend on this shitty board anyway.

so bringing my father to the cinema who has some free tickets be a bad idea to spend it on this movie?

but it looks to be so fun with all the behind the scenes footage that I've seen

>depressed and just wants to escape into a colorful fantasy world for two hours?

you will probably be more happy than ever. Like I said before was like an 80s fantasy movie. It will bring a smile to your face

Based pleb blowing out the bigger plebs

The sound made the cinema experience worth it.

Every time an orc swings his hammer, my seat would start shaking from humans getting BTFO.

>that guy dancing in the foreground

desu I really enjoyed it. I always thought Warcraft was a poormans Warhammer, I still do but I enjoyed it. I liked the soundtrack and how the Orks pretty much won. The character of the king was pretty good. They need better direction for the human characters though. They felt pretty wooden acting wise. I'm probably going to see the next one.
Also is this based before the first game? I haven't played Warcraft before.

Doing a 1:1 retelling of the First War would take 3 movies.

Fuck that.

Yeah, because of how fucking bad it is.

That's what I'm hoping for desu. Thanks.

You'll be laughing at the bad acting and atrocious action scenes for most of it, so maybe.

>no blood of Mannoroth
>no Doomhammer usurping Blackhand
>no sacking of Stormwind
Why did they leave out the most important parts?

>dat pacing
>dat acting
>dat relations
>nothing was explained

literally only fat manchildren fucktards with blizardbonner can enjoy this piece of dogshit

>Warhammer
is a poormans warcraft

warcraft is a stupidmans LotR

LotR is a plebian take on european pagan mythology.

Flashes of Duncan Jones' inherent brilliance are in Warcraft, but find themselves ultimately drowned out by clunky writing, hamfisted characterisation and an obsession with making scenes as short as possible to cram in as many references to Band locations from Blizzard's virtual universe as possible.

Worst of all, the heart and soul Jones shows in his other work and his passion for gaming appears to be completely absent. If he can't pull it off, maybe you truly can't make a good video game movie.

Sacking will come later I imagine.

>Warhammer
>bad
you know shit kid
go back to your computer games

I can be entertained by bad acting sometimes.

lmao stay mad, Marvelcuck

Not really. You could start the movie in the middle of the invasion. They sent the horde through the portal in waves originally. You could just have the main characters of the orcs, Durotan and Doomhammer, join the fray in one of the later waves. Then you proceed to have all the important events happen, such as the killing of Medivh, Doomhammer backstabbing Blackhand and the destruction of Stormwind. Easily done in one movie.

Fat non virgin here. I liked it but I'm familiar with the story since I played WC2 and WC3 when I was younger

Why are Warcraft nerds obsessed with Marvel.

>no blood of Mannoroth
also
>every warchief has a cameo EXCEPT FOR FUCKING NER'ZHUL
so, basically, no WC3 adaptation

movie was alpha as fuck. The orcs put women in there place and that orc slut was horny for some chad dick. Only people that didn't like this should be women and beta numale cucks

just see it for the visual experience

The scenes with Durotan or Gul'Dan in them are really good, but literally the entire rest of the movie is a disaster.

The best thing I got from going to the movie was the free month of WoW

Is Warcraft the most unintentionally redpilled movie?

They believe the only opponents to their manchild movie have to be fans of other manchild movies.

There is no way a normal adult can just dislike a badly made movie according to them.

Funny because this cheap flick was made by a beta numale.

Learn your memes, Sup Forumsedditor

I feel like that would be even MORE confusing.

Considering the movie is only living because of China, every single elf will be asian if a sequel gets made.
Probably asian protagonist and asian culture in the movie too.

I thought they mishandled Gul'dan, personally. He's supposed to be a manipulator in the shadows, not some pompous retard, yelling about how people should obey him and engaging in fistfights. Blackhand was his puppet warchief, and his murder at the hands of Doomhammer was how he lost his control of the Horde

Then the actual numales like will be hyped. There is no problem

I don't really care since most of the movie is shit and inconsistent anyway. What I didn't understand was why that one elf dude had purple teeth.

Probably sippies from the Sunwell.

>free month of WoW
Don't you get a free month when you first buy the game?

I've never played it but I would if it was free to try it out

I think it might actually be F2P now up to a certain level

Is there a director cuts coming out? It might help give the film better pacing and all that.

L I T T E R A L L Y P E R F E C T

man I loved this movie so much, best waifu, best action, best visuals

it's like the new Star Wars, I will undoubtedly watch every single new release hereafter

Duncan says if the movie does well and the men in suits see money in putting effort into making a director's cut.

Love it or hate it.

Visual experience is great all around.

First act suffers from clumsy character introductions and bad editing.

Second act is better. Think Highlander, in spirit and visually.

Third act is great. The ending is great, characters' deaths have meaning and true emotion.

Quips: there were some, but not too many, IMHO.

Like fantasy, have time to spend - go see it.

I was going to see this movie, but holy shit this looks like garbage.

>there are actual people that exist on this planet that didn't enjoy the 1v1 orc makgra's

>plastic armor
That's wrong.

user you're robbing yourself of a wonderful experience, but if you're gonna be a faggot and nitpick every little thing then I guess you belong here, and might also enjoy

I want to fuck garona

I really hope it gets one. It really confused me when the Guardian became evil. I haven't played any Warcraft game. Is it explained there?

Holy fuck please someone tell me this thread is bait. I enjoyed parts of the movie but it was a fucking mess and the ending was horribly executed.

Ya and Jurrassic World was "good" cuz the critics said it was. Fucking Sheeple

you'd die m8, leave her for someone that handle it
me

The CGI looks like it's 15 years old

What are you saying, the ending was great, it's the first half that had bad pacing and editing.

Poor Garona :(

if you're basing it off that gif then seriously consider a bullet to the brain

the CGI in person looks fantastic

Complain about pacing and story, the suggest starting in the middle... How fucking retarded are you?

Its a bunch of cinematically illiterate Sup Forums teens praising it
See the following for proof

Where did this meme come from? It looked great

Yes. The orc visuals are among the best I've ever seen. That first shot of Durotan alone dropped my jaw to the floor. It's worth going to see just for that. But most of the orc scenes are great.

Fel magic dude

webm rather

Actually I take that back, because LOTR came out 15 years ago and it still looks better than this movie.

So did he always have it or what?

it's called ragdoll physics faggot, maybe you've heard of it?

IT. WAS. A. JOKE. Get a sense of humor you fucking pleb, you're making Tolkien fans look bad.

Garona is an assassin but they picked an skinny-ass actress who looked like she's only been in the gym a total of 3 times in her entire life.

Garona should have been played by women like these

oh and yeah

>shitty pacing
>shitting acting
>shitting material to work with (to be expected from Metzen's writings)

It wasn't a joke but I don't think he meant it to come off that way

See that Demon that he transformed into before death? That's Sargeras, the actual Big Bad of Warcraft universe. He possessed Medivh at chidlbirth and used him as a puppet to open portals to Azeroth that the demons would later be able to use.

This is why Medivh does not remember originally opening the Dark Portal. He was possessed at that time.

This wasn't really explained, because it's probably left as a reveal for the later stories, that will actually have to deal with the Burning Legion and Medivh's role in preventing them.

Alright thanks for explaining it.

No.Its the second worst flick i've seen this year so far
in order from worst to not as shit the first one but still complete shit

the fifth wave
warcraft
cell
zoolander 2
blue mountain state the rise of thadland
the brothers grimsby
captain 3
batman v superman dawn of justice
pride prejudice and zombies
x men apocalypse
midnight special this ones more being disappointed as fuck though

So Warcraft fags I never played a Warcraft game before. Does the first one still hold up?.

>Garona is an assassin
She's an assassin in the Warcraft game, she's not an assassin in this garbage.

>The CGI looks like it's 15 years old
You can fuck off with your lies.

THIS CGI is way better than Cameron's Avatar by miles.

And yes I get it. The CGI + the live action human actors did not work or look realistic but the Orc CGI itself was absolutely stunning.

>pride prejudice and zombies
>not first worst

opinion discarded

But that's literally how the first game starts. All the backstory you need is that orcs invaded through a portal and a war began. None of that confusing bullshit where characters are teleporting between locations and investigating fel magic and shit to figure out who's invading.

That Golem looked like something out of a PS2 game though

I wonder how shitty LotR would be consider if it was released today. If people claim that Warcraft is complicated noway they would keep up with what was going on in Fellowship.

Look at the background of the image you linked

It looks like claymation. It's distracting as fuck.

Did anyone care about making this movie?

>he hasn't seen the fifth wave, warcraft or cell yet

Because what was going on in Fellowship was properly set up and even got time to develop the characters.

>I wonder how shitty LotR would be consider if it was released today
>this iqlet argument
Would it still have the same influence?
Would everything else thats influenced from it(films not the books) still be around?

Halfway into the movie, here's what I dislike:

>Shoehorned Garona/Lothar romance
>Lothar's son is a terrible actor and can somehow slaughter Orcs while looking like a Backstreet Boy
>Asian Elves
>Some of the actor is not good at all

Hopefully for the 2nd movie they higher better actors. Warcraft 2 is a more interesting story than Warcraft 1.

I went to see this with a buddy and we laughed our asses off. I laughed even harder afterwards when I realized there are people on this planet who take this manchildren garbage seriously.

The writing in the Warcraft games was never good.