And don't forget that a movie isn't just a story

And don't forget that a movie isn't just a story.

>a movie isn't just a story
Certified plebeian here.

What did he mean by this (I mean it)?

Is he referring to the "emotional experience" of a film, or more intangible qualities that a plebeian like myself could only hope to one day barely understand?

I have a movie pitch for a war flick but it's one of those "based on a true story" stories about a guy most people outside of /k/ or the .MIL community haven't heard of

A group of college students decide to make a documentary about orthodox black metal bands.
They try to interview one of the more underground acts, but their requests are declined. They get nosey, try to get some footage, and end up sacrificed during a satanic ritual.

It's NOT found-footage, it's fairly low-budget, and the main gimmick is that the film quality imperceptibly degrades over the course of the movie until the last few scenes are shot in grimy black and white like in Begotten with no voices on top, and the movie ends on a mess of damaged film and subliminal edits of spooky and abstract shit.

It just means that if possible you should also mention a few things about the way it's directed, maybe the casting, the way it's paced and structured, the type of narration, all that stuff.

Great idea

That sounds like fun.

Calvin & Hobbes

Done in stop motion by the same guys who did Fantastic Mr. Fox.

But directed by Sam Mendes and keep Wes Anderson far the fuck away.

Sounds pretty cool, mate

What if it was a music critic writing an article, instead of a bunch of kids making a documentary? I feel like the "kids with a video camera get in over their heads" thing has been done too much, and you could mine a lot of interesting subtext and humor from the critic/artist relationship going horribly wrong.

Like "The End of the Tour" if David Foster Wallace cannibalized Jesse Eisenberg at the end. I'd watch it

How is that "your" idea?

OP is a Hollywood exec trying to get some ideas.

Yeah that sounds a bit better, the reason why I went with a documentary was because I was going for a slasher movie kind of deal, but a horror film with only one protag is neat too. It just needs to be a fairly interesting character who isn't a douche.

Yeah it was just a thought, but I dig the concept and the setting either way. Good luck with it. I bet you could actually get some funding if you wrote the script up well, and made a short film first to prove you can put an idea on the screen

Of course I am.
I'll pick the most interesting ones, get them filmed in the least imaginative way possible, add dubstep on top of it, only use practical effects where CGI can't be done, and cast the least appropriate A-list actors in the main roles to appeal to the average joe.

Because I'm a professional, not a nerd who posts frogs on the internet from his basement.

An adventure flick set in the Australian Outback. There's a band of characters including the protag whose a charming womaniser, who gets into bar fights, he's former convict who did his time and is now seeking hidden fortunes. Travelling with him is an oblivious American who is the fish out of water, comic relief. Then he meets an aboriginal who has a fat wife, they start out rivals but eventually escape some sort of daring situation. In the process they accidentally rescue a small Chinese girl who had been kidnapped by human traffickers.

Then they go on a quest. That's all I've got.

I'd watch it if it was done in the late 80s.

A guy start to see pictures instead of texts, it bothers him because he's a journalist and he can do the difference between text and pics, pictures are actually a visual translation of what's written, so he begin to draw pictures to send to his editor because he can't draw anymore, the first time his boss ask him why the fuck he sent him a picture of *insert joke like Trump spanking Obama* so he'd depressed and shit but the something hits him and he began to realise something that will make him the best fucking writer... Well I won't spoil you the entire movie

*cant write anymore

Meh

Uncharted the movie. Basically Sahara, Lord of War, and the 1st season of Supernatural.

But it'd be a Walt Disney, you think they'd buy it?

None of these are your ideas. You are a hack.

Can the character be an expy of Ben Garrison?

Sounds like green inferno but actually good.

Well I'm not sure it'd sell, maybe with a sexy-ish old actor, but who?

A cyberpunk adventure film
Actually, as I envision it, it veers closer and closer to guardians of the galaxy except slightly darker and all set on one planet

A ultra-violent futuristic sports movie in the vein of Rollerball, Running Man, Smash TV, Speedball or death race, where you make a couple of setpieces to give the audience the idea that there's something wrong with the utopia and the titular character gets more and more involved in a revolutionary movement but the flick turns the tables on the audience by making the lead and the movement the bad guys and it ends with them getting away with it. The general idea is that the ultraviolent sport is an outlet for a generally safe and peaceful society (as in, the purge) but the rise of a star (the lead character) ends up propelling the sport's popularity and influence over the society via this revolution which is essentially a vaguely nihilistic/chaotic cult masquerading as an alternative to presumed totalitarianism (which isn't really). And there's no moral to the story.

That sounds extremely vague and dumb since it could apply to several movies that already exist or are going to come out soon.

Eh, that could be an interesting movie, as long as it's not your own revenge fantasy against "edgy kids" who bullied you in high school.

Ignaz Semmelweis biopic

He was a scientist who discovered that way less patients died when doctors washed their fucking hands. His research was largely ignored because at the time doctors were like "we aren't dirty - this is an insult!" He spent most of his life angrily trying to refute this, got depressed, was put in an insane asylum and died.

The thing is, modern theorists believe that he suffered from Alzheimers throughout the later part of his life, explaining his erratic unsociable behaviour that led to him being put in a madhouse.

The first two thirds of the film would be quite a naturalistic period drama, only slightly stylised (think Amadeus) but the latter third would deteriorate and start using weird cuts and absurd imagery as his mental state goes.

I started writing for shits and then briefly got over my writer's block on this concept
But then I got stuck again. It's fine, it's too out-there for me to worry about anyone stealing it

It'd be about Gods and philosophy. Which sounds pretentious, but it'd be fairly minimalist. It'd be more open to interpretation instead of a couple of guys in trench-coats sitting discussing morality
Like, it'd open with the main character having been shot, falling in slow-motion
You don't see the attacker, but as our hero falls he describes the feeling
And the scene keeps cutting between him falling, a demon flying up from the depths of hell and an angel falling from heaven
Each time it cuts, the speed would increase and the image would increase in brightness and zoom until there was just a white light. And then a whisper- “save us”
"And then nothing"

I don't know if that makes sense

well yeah, that's because i only wrote one and a half sentences because it seemed too derivative

edgy

I think it'd be cool to make 2 movies of whatever, but make them connected like the MCU (Not like James Bond, to compare)
The gimmick to it is that they are released at the same time, 2 different directors that do work together, and then not tell anyone they are connected. At all.

Are you literally 10?

Cause that shit isn't a movie it's a scene.
And it's arguably more pretentious than all of The Matrix, since you claim that it's about gods and philosophy when it's just a very basic allegory of damnation with no conceptual discourse involved. At least The Matrix DOES contain philosophy even if it's a little dumb and masturbatory. And unlike your concept, The Matrix isn't so blatant about its religious themes as to literally show us angels and demons.

Your idea sucks, it's pretentious, it's stupid, and it's shit.

Well then why not write more so we can know what you really want to make instead of just assuming it's gonna be derivative and lame?
I mean derivativeness isn't inherently bad, but if you wanna pitch your idea, you have to make it SEEM fresh or exciting, and you can't do that by being so vague.

that's an interesting gimmick as long as the two movies are obviously very different and don't end up looking like one is ripping off the other.

That's the idea
Also keep it at just 2 movies. Don't go for the cashgrab once they're released and make 17 sequels and a prequel

To add, it starts as a movie about people falling in love with the idea of indiscriminate violence and chaos as the relief from their emotionless lives (think Equilibrium) but what it's really about is a satirical take of the current glorification of violence and a stress-test of the actual american movie censorship policy of all-the-violence-you-want-but-no-tits. Also, 1 and a half hours of people getting their brains bashed in. It also starts with a guy kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach (or something equally "distasteful", just that violence against women seems to be the cause du jour), just to clear the audience.

That's oddly specific, kek. And why would that preclude it from being a decent film?

4 guys holding a trench during WWI.

8 actors total (3 German trenchhoppers), dead bodies and a hole in the ground.

At the end a courier comes across them and tells them the War's been over for ages. Then he gets shot down, FIN.

10/10

But I want an Uncharted movie.

A short film (~15 minutes) with a set up, twist, a little bit of action and an emotional finish.

It is scored separately by several great composers (Williams, Zimmer, Kamen, etc.) and the film is just the short film on repeat but with a different composer each time.

It's about an actor researching a real-life criminal to play him in a movie, an old Italian mobster in his 80s who spent half his life in prison for murder, his wife left him, lost touch with his kids, etc. The actor meets with him a few times to learn his mannerisms and talk about his past experiences and stuff.

The old gangster is desperately lonely, so he becomes a really clingy "friend" to the actor. Always trying to get him to go out drinking to wingman for him, help the old guy "get some pussy." The actor actually goes out with him one night and tries to help him pick up girls, but predictably, the old guy just ends up humiliating himself. He shows a nasty mean streak after getting rejected, but the actor gets him out of there before it gets too bad.

When the movie starts filming, the old gangster wants to hang around the set. The director (female) doesn't like it, thinks it'll be a distraction. The actor is kind of a pussy, like a lot of actors are, and has a hard time saying "no" to the old guy. So he drops by for a visit, but starts getting ahold of call sheets & shooting schedules, and soon he's showing up uninvited to the set just to hang around and watch.

They did that but in a japanese island in the pacific with WW2. I think.

a boy falls in love with a girl and they get married

>Your idea sucks, it's pretentious, it's stupid, and it's shit.
Well that's really mean
But yeah it is just a scene. That's quite obvious from what I wrote. It's not an allegory for damnation, it's just imagery for the themes of a muddled idea
It would make more sense if I could do anything with it

It's not pretentious, you should look that word up in a dictionary before you use it
I don't see how it can be called stupid when there's nothing in there that relates to substance. I wrote the visual outline of one scene where not much happens
If you want to say it's empty or lacking a point, you'd be right
But calling it pretentious and stupid makes you sound like you're a middle-schooler trying to insult something without going to the effort of actually evaluating it

>inb4 wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

Ehhh... It's been done before
To each other? That's gay

This is actually a pretty good idea. I mean it sounds like a cool factoid that couldn't be stretched out into a movie, but when's the last time someone made a movie about hygiene?

For a while, he's not really causing any trouble. He hangs around the grip & rigging crew to bum cigarettes, bug them and talk to them while they're working. One of the younger ones is kind of "into" the gangster culture, and fanboys out a little bit over the old guy. Just offhand, to look tough, he shows the kid that he still packs a gun everywhere he goes.

The director is pretty angry over it, though she never says so directly to the old gangster. She's taking it out on the actor, basically telling him he needs to tell the old guy to fuck off already. The actor can never really work up the balls to do it, so the old guy just keeps showing up and haunting the set. But it's clear that their "friendship" is getting very strained.

It starts getting bad when they start filming scenes of the gangster interacting with his family. He's made out to be a neglectful father and an abusive husband. He confronts the director, and demands to know if she talked to his wife to research the script. He's furious that nobody ever asked for his side of the story, at the idea that his grown children will see this version of him in a movie.

The director feels threatened, and calls for security to remove him.

Cause being edgy is good as long as you don't suck at being edgy.

>She's taking it out on the actor, basically telling him he needs to tell the old guy to fuck off already.
But it's the director's job to control what goes on in the set, not the actor's. At least make them fug so there's a reason the director's trying to shirk her responsibility.

Hey, thanks! There's a fair bit of stuff in his life that would be interesting I think. His marriage, and the strain that his research puts on it. How his wife copes with his mental deterioration. Also there's this dickhead who gets him kicked out of a job, I forget his name.

I do theatre so I've been sketching up a rough draft of this for stage. It's unfinished tho and I'm a lazy fuck so it'll never see the light of day.

pretentious is when you say you're hot shit but you aren't.
I evaluated your scene idea according to the standards of this thread. It's a thread about pitching a movie idea. Not a scene idea. If you don't actually have an idea for a movie then too bad for you cause that scene alone screams chuuni syndrome if it's not backed by a solid and decently deep story.

He disappears, but he's already got a copy of the shooting schedule. He shows up again when they're set to film the scene of the murder that put him in prison for 35 years. One of his best friends within the mob was believed to be an informant, and he killed him. Once he was already in prison for it, he found out they were wrong.

He shows up right as they're rehearsing the murder, fully lit and ready to roll. He watches the way the scene plays out, and clearly isn't happy. The director immediately calls for security, and he gets right up in her face, saying that if she's in charge, she should confront him herself. She doesn't say anything.

He storms onto the set, pushes the lead actor's head, and pulls his gun on the poor extra playing the murder victim. With a gun to the kid's head, he tells the director and the actor, in graphic detail, how the murder actually took place. Basically just correcting the inaccuracies in the script. When he's done, he puts the gun away and leaves.

>I have a movie pitch for a war flick but it's one of those "based on a true story" stories about a guy most people outside of /k/ or the .MIL community haven't heard of
Who?

Time speeds up in the epilogue, kind of like "Assassination of Jesse James."

The police come to the gangster's house for threatening the actor. He goes on trial, they take his guns away and put him on house arrest.

The movie is a success. The actor's career gets a major boost, but he starts getting typecast in gangster/criminal roles. Eventually, the "persona" starts getting to his head. He starts acting like an asshole and a diva on set, cheats on his wife and loses her, starts getting in trouble with the police. Without really meaning to, he's even repeating phrases the old gangster used to say when he was "researching" him.

Even though it makes him out to be a total asshole, one of the gangster's sons sees the movie and finally decides to reach out to him. They talk a few times, he gets to meet some of his grandchildren. A few months later, he dies.

Currently writing a short horror set in a world where zombies never existed in literature and pop culture together, and a zombie virus breaks out in a small village. A group of survivors who try to rationalise the attack, some think its a govt. experiment or most of the town were in a cult etc. then a guy and his bitten friend seek refuge in the cabin. The man eventually turns and attacks some of the other survivors. The cabin is divided between bitten and unbitten and it comes down to the last person, who decides to join them.

Lol, I can see A Dangerous Mind and Imitation Game already. You've got Oscar-bait in your hands.

It's a movie with pretty neon lights and a autistic main character set in L.A and it has a new retrowave soundtrack and the plot is shit.

One of my older ideas that I don't really care if you guys steal or not. I was kind of thinking of re-doing it as more of a comedy, but haven't really worked on it in a while

I have for years been thinking about writing* a 'spiritual sequel' to a much loved teen comedy/drama series about the main character in his adult life. The main character has become extremely successful in all aspects of life, but he is an asshole.

The brand is long dead, the actors are at best nobodies, (one of them may be a sex offender or something now) could such a thing be made?

*i would never write it, I'm an awful writer, I just want someone to make it.

There was no security present backstage. I went in, the corridor was full of chairs that looked uncomfortable and the walls were overpopulated with wall posters of plays. I entered a dressing room and quickly hid in the closet. About 15 minutes pass and in comes one of the actors from whatever was currently playing. I quietly opened the closet door and snook up on him while he was sitting down and rehearsing lines, I knocked him out unconscious. I undressed him and lubricated his rectum and inserted my Johnson and his throbbing erection into that tight ass. Some faggot entered the room, presumably the director and demanded to know what was going on.
"Just rehearsing" I said pensively
"But the janitor isn't even in this thing" - Said the director, with a twitch in his eye.

I...felch

>It's a movie with pretty neon lights and a autistic main character set in Texas and it has a old country soundtrack and the plot is shit.

Fix'd

Hmm, interesting. Maybe if I cram a token minority in there somewhere who is inexplicably a respected doctor in the eighteen hundreds...

Guy picks nose, finds booger, then eats it.

A black raised by white people is rich and wants to open a soul food restaurant with white people dressed in blackface and portraying stereotypes, serving stuff like fried chicken and watermelon. The media gives him shit and call him an Uncle Tom, the restaurant benefits from the controversy but is ultimately shut down. A real movie about race relations.

instant Sup Forums classic

literally an askreddit thread lol

Kek

I've always wanted a series like Walking Dead or something with the same kind of character interaction, but characters who do the trope-y stuff just get killed.
Moving through the area and not being careful? Killed by a sniper.
Go to have some standoff dialogue with someone? They just shoot you because you didn't shoot them.
Kind of like DayZ. Not necessarily a zombie setting, either, just one were people do stupid shit that is so pervasive and common in the genre, and they realistically die because of it.

A Mulatto girl at a fully white Midwestern high falls in love with the new black athlete transfer to the school. She manages to coerce him into a dating and to take drama classes. They are both cast in the school's iteration of Romeo and Juliet. This is the height of the character's romantic bliss. The Chad admits to her the week after the play that her feelings are not reciprocated and he breaks up with her. Black Chad is then cast as Othello opposite a pretty blonde white Stacy and the Mulatto girl only gets a bit part. The narrative then follows the MC as she falls into schizophrenic madness concerning the world around her. She comes to tge conclusion that Black Chad has been brainwashed to love Stacy and begins to stalk them. After confronting her white mother over her the details of her relationship with her father, she kills her mother in a rage. She becomes more deranged and finally kills Black Chad and a pregnant Stacy at the school on the night of the play.

That's so fucking gay dude, I hope you break your neck the next time you try deep throating your self.

I wrote a story in high school centered around my half-beaner friend's shitty beater cavalier, titled Telemarketers From Hell. It was designed to just be a comedy that primarily gets its kicks from being fucking bizarre.

>telemarketers start harassing protagonist, asking him to "sell his soul in exchange for anything his heart desires"
>thinks it's a prank
>mother gets turned into goo by demons
>father gets turned into goo by demons
>on the run, with a group of friends trying to find them
>they meet up in a church, while a group of demons are arming themselves to the teeth, because their supernatural powers can't KILL on Earth, have to use guns
>father comes in a dream, tells him about the time machine he's building
>it's built into the cavalier
>protagonist goes back in time to kill Satan
>machine loses charge, there's a velociraptor chase scene because why not with demons
>goes further back to Garden of Eden
>God tries to stop him
>strangles God
>kills the devil
>goes back to his time
>it's a barren wasteland, because he killed God before creating humanity
>kills himself by suffocating himself in his own poo in the car (Poo-icide. Like I said, written years ago in high school), earthquake knocks car onto its side
>his dead body flicks the timetravel button
>travels "SIDEWAYS" through time to alternate universe, where we hear protagonist's voice saying "Why do I have poo on my face?" after opening the door without seeing him
>fin

There's chase scenes, action scenes, fight scenes, a sword fighting scene with the devil, and all kinds of shit. I still want to make it for fun. I still have the full script.

2 young police officers are paired and sent to patrol gang neighborhoods.

working together and making busts they get close. best friends full of trust

one officer notices though that for how effective they are its always on his partners info or hunch

he starts asking questions about it. the parnter deflects back to taking what he learned in the army

officer researching gang articles comes across one that claims that gang members will go to the army to learn techniques and how to handle weapons and return to the street when they are done 10x wiser

looking closely officer vaguely sees some faded looking marking/tattoo on his partner

going out on a gang related call both officers chase on foot the suspect through some houses or housing projects

this is where the corrupt gang related officer shoots and kills his partner. as he is laying there dying he starts to talk to him about how he really did enjoy his company and wished it didnt have to be like this. when his gang memeber approaches him with congratulatory "yea smoke dat fool essay" he shoots and kills him. he then radios in officer down.

the corrupt officer is hispanic
the other(when I thought it up) was white but I see how people could receive that as some sort of agenda pushing

why so hostile? now im sad

Plot twist, she is actually killing her parents and is caught in a time loop

Oh, and lots of jokes about him being mexican, too. I need to revamp it after the Rise of Trump.

>Hollywood here
>that sounds great
>but
>what
>if
>...
>we gave them supper powers and theirs a big battle at the end were they fight a space god

Cuck: The Movie

literally bait

Boomboxes, Casette tapes, volumnous drums.
Sexy teenager, elderly woman. Love.
Two cars, two cards. five windows of oportunity, An ominous box.

A clarinet, a man in a hairnet,
A madman no doubt. Thrilling car chase. OH NO!

I've been rereading Blood Meridian and thinking about how it could be made into a non-shit film

>Very long, maybe 6 hours w intermission(s)
>Slow shots of the wilderness
>No music
>Brutal, unflinching violence
>Monotonous, blunt acting with unattractive actors
>No fast cuts or montages
I'm stuck on actors, and how to handle the ending though

>there's a velociraptor chase scene because why not
>with demons
Not gonna lie. I kekd.

Because you remind me of myself user. And I wish that I'd break my neck trying to deep throat myself too. How old are you by the way

so just valhalla rising on repeat? sounds fucking horrible

As in demons armed with glawk fauty faw's riding on velociraptors, chasing after the protagonist riding on a velociraptor.

>non-shit film
>6 hours

Nice

That's actually in my idea. I even created characters that loop into professors and neighbors. As well as objects in Stacy's room that make a reappearance in the main character's house. There's a stalking scene where she sees them have sex.

I just cut it since I was afraid it'd be called stupid.

older than I want to admit now

Nah, BM actually has a plot
The epics of old were long and had intermissions, Bela Tarr has an 8-hour film that's considered one of the greatest of all time. Obviously it wouldn't be aimed at the Marvel quips and jumpcuts audience, but I don't feel like 5 or 6 hours is too extreme for such a dense and sprawling novel

>white guys are successful drug lords
>cruise around the world on a yacht
>end up finding the lost city of Atlantis
>Atlantian navy raids the ship, does the drugs they start tripping out and killing everything
>white boys have wacky adventure escaping Atlantis

Okay fine, an adventure film
Fast paced

>starts in a generic country in the middle east
>military base shenanigans
>next day, echo team sent to do a recon or some shit
>enemies (terrorists?) have RPGs and take out echo team's AV
>main character (MC) survives with some of his squadmates
>they're in bad shaped
>picked off one-by-one as MC narrowly makes it inside a house for shelter, as the survivor
>he barricades the door but hears the enemies try and break in
>as he aims his gun at the door, praying under his breath and sweating, he is clocked in the back of the head
>falls to the ground and thinks he's dead
>he stares at his attackers' feet waiting to die when there's a sudden crash
>everyone turns, we still only see their feet as they're all killed
>a man helps the MC up, he has horns on his head and is smoking a cigar cause he's edgy
>"doing alright there lad, we need to get the fuck outta here"
>it's a scottish demon named Bucky
>As Bucky leads MC to safety, our hero tries to ask what's happening
>"story for another day lad"
>Bucky effortlessly kills all the terrorists they come across
>finally reach a clearing
>"you'll have to take it from here alone", gives him a wink and then vanishes in a puff
>as our hero is asking what the fuck is going on, a chick screams at him
>"was he here? where the fuck did bucky go?"
>smoking hot chick in camo shorts and a vest with a huge AR comes running up from behind
>hero tries to answer but she butts him in the face with her gun
>she's a demon hunter named Sally trying to purge the world of evil
>she doesn't trust mc since a demon saved his life
>mc just wants to return to base
>"Echo team? Stationed at the base in fort marr? yeah that place is gone. they fucked it up"
>suicide bombers attacked the base shortly after MC left
>Sally says MC is too important to let die now, he has to be investigated
>she hits him again with her gun, knocking him out
>when he awakes he's in a basement covered in ancient symbols
cont

I red about the life of an brazilian serial killer, and his childhood impress me. Very loleny kid living in a isolated area. Alone, having allucinations and fearless. Running in the Woods, trying to find goshts and killing cats. All this in a fantastic and creepy mood
Yeah, kind of it.

A black adaption of the wizard of oz in the current year.
>scarecrow becomes older wise family member that recalls civil rights moments
>tin man is a brother/cousin/friend that has to percieve to everyone that he so hard that cant show anyone he has heart
>cowardly lion is person who always told him to run away and not stick around to fight

I havent put to much thought into the other characters.

It also doesnt take place in some some alternate world. He still encounters these characters on his path to doing the right thing.
>it starts in a gang fight
>he gets hit and is bleeding out and faints
>this is where the adventure of learning from his wrongs begin
im thinking maybe the witch is a probation officer and the monkeys are actually prisoners in a jail
idk I gotta think more about it
>it ends with him waking up in the hospital surrounded by his loved ones.
I think him clicking his jordans 3 times is to much

I think it could work.

>cont
please don't

>red
Just fucking stop there.

Holy shit, HUE, you need to brush up your engrish.

>when his gang memeber approaches him with congratulatory "yea smoke dat fool essay" he shoots and kills him. he then radios in officer down.
Hehe noting personell kid :^)

>Cuck Force: Black Up the Planet

The Jewish cabal that controls the world from the shadows assembles an elite team of niggers to cuck white America, one woman at a time. But little do these ebony agents of cuckoldry realize that they are just pawns in a much larger game that could decide the fate of the world.

Rated R for Racially insensitive.