"I enjoy metal"

>"I enjoy metal"

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=Brazil&limit=none&countries=
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=indie rock, indie pop, indie folk&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=Brazil&limit=none&countries=
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=country&countries=India
instagram.com/p/9Fz8dtqQGa/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en
instagram.com/p/vxSneDqQFt/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en
instagram.com/p/BHcxKFbhs0t/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en
instagram.com/p/q4_pXSqQC4/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en
instagram.com/p/qL49L2qQFY/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en
instagram.com/p/2-ZQG6qQES/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf I hate metal now

Imagine looking like that

dubs thread?

If you're confident you could pull that off

Motivates me to lose weight desu

What if I only like one (1) metal band?

Its all personality. This guy makes chicks wet when he talks to them about anime.

I personally dislike metal but everyone I have met who are "metalheads" were all skinny and surprisingly calm and cool people.

Nigga he looks like the Michelin man crossed with puff'n'stuff

so does your mom

i mean, as a joke, of course. you know, with my metalhead friends and me

>"I enjoy posting pictures of boys in fedoras and likening an entire genre's demographic to them on an outer mongolian clay pidgeon shooting board"

>calm and cool
in a school shooter-y way of course
most actual metal heads I've met were egotistical chuckle fucks who think they're hot shit or just really introverted creeps

I say this having gone through a metal phase but I think I was the former

>OP's pic related doppelganger detected

have you seen indieheads
they're at least 10 times as insufferable

>in a school shooter-y way of course
Never thought about it like that

I think you accidentally hit the T on your keyboard

>X detected
underage detected

>"n-no you!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahaha... ahaha... hahahaha

You were probably in highschool then, but guess what; all highschool studentes are insufferable or extremely introverted

"Metalheads" who grow out of metal during puberty weren't really metalheads to begin with anyways

>"Metalheads" who grow out of metal during puberty weren't really metalheads to begin with anyways
This is so true. I can't stand listening to anything metal I haven't listened to during that phase now, and even then I hate some of the stuff I used to really like.

Most of the guys I knew are still metalheads though and just as insufferable from what I've heard.

>i enjoy post-punk

>I can't stand listening to anything metal I haven't listened to during that phase now, and even then I hate some of the stuff I used to really like.
that's called close-mindedness my dude

>I enjoy trap

i am always baffled by this image

how the fuck did he think that was a good idea

how can you look at yourself in the mirror like that and go "yeah this is me"

not to mention the fucking Majora's Mask hanging on the wall and that filthy room

he exists ironically

Not really. I think taste evolves and some people change, some don't. People regularly change their political views growing up and I think music isn't any different.

so what exactly will stop you from liking metal in a more or less distant future?

>I listen to shugazi on my record player

Metal as a genre and its fanbase are far less pseudo-intellectual and far more accepting than indie rock, jazz, classical, hip hop, etc. which all have far more insufferable people and pseudo-intellectuals. There's a reason metal has resonated so much throughout the world, having a pretty large spread while indie rock is still for elitist white boys similar to those that browse this board.

>tries to defend metal by calling it non pseudo-intellectual and having an accepting worldwide fanbase
>proceeds to pigeonhole an entire genre of music and stereotyping its fans
>metal
>not incredibly pseudo-intellectual
>"""accepting non elitist fanbase"""
nigga i like metal but wtf even is your life

I'm not saying metal is objectively bad or anything man and I didn't wake up one day and decide it was crap. I just discovered more music and thought to myself "this sounds a lot better than what I listen to" and that feeling just grew until it overtook my liking to metal. Growing apart from the people whom I hung out with also contributed to that I guess.

I think it's very unlikely that would happen but I wouldn't mind getting into metal again. Associating the genre with the phase I had will probably keep me from ever doing that tbqh.

not him but metal as a genre is generally far less pseudo-intellectual than indie rock, and most genres discussed on this board

remmember

>proceeds to pigeonhole an entire genre of music and stereotyping its fans
You gonna tell me that the people that listen to indie rock aren't widely in the stereotype of the white person that is a "hipster"? You gonna tell me that indie rock has the spread around the world into places like South America and India that metal does? Dude, where the fuck have you been?

don't let your past ruin a whole genre for you, there's a ton of great metal records

of course you fucking moron, music and music scenes aren't as black and white as you're making them. metal exists everywhere the same as indie rock or any other fucking genre of music does and clearly you haven't listened to much indie rock if you think that the "white person hipster" stereotype is widely applicable. typical self-described "metalhead" 2bh. like i said, i love metal, it's one of my favorite genres but you're sounding like a fucking idiot here.

correct, because the pseudo-intellectualism is replaced completely by juvenile angst and excessive amounts of edge. literally kys.

"Drifting
In the Air
Above a Cold Lake
Is a Soul
From an Early
Better Age
Grasping for
A Mystic Thought
In Vain... but Who's to Know
Further on Lies Eternal Search
For Theories to Lift the Gate
Only Locks Are Made Stronger
And More Keys Lost as Logic Fades
In the Pool of Dreams the Water Darkens
For the Soul That's Tired of Search
As Years Pass by
The Aura Drops
As Less and Less
Feelings Touch
Stupidity
Has Won too Much
The Hopeless Soul Keeps Mating"

yeah, totally not super pseudo-intellectual or cringeworthy at all, you guys are right

You're the one who's so fucking delusional that you're making it look black and white. I said it clearly, when it comes to demographic spread, metal objectively does have a wider variety in spread. This literally can't be argued as it's factual. Also I never described myself as a "metalhead" either, don't put words in my mouth.

>Thought this was some poetry written by a metalhead fedoralord in a Starbucks
>realize it's actually Burzum lyrics
>mfw

i'd rather have one edgy but friendly metal listener
than some completely and utterly clueless indie fan who keeps using music as an image while dressing like a literal nu-male
and i actually like indie, so you know

>I said it clearly, when it comes to demographic spread, metal objectively does have a wider variety in spread. This literally can't be argued as it's factual.

objectively better than "Tfw no gf" indie rock/folkd and shitty trap lyrics

you're the type of metal listener that goes on a Cryptopsy song on youtube and comments "this is REAL music not like that gay Modest Mouse shit lmao thumbs up if u agree"

you are cancer

You're telling this compares at all to the melodramatic garbage that comes from Bon Iver? Also it's fucking great then that metal has never been about the lyrics, right often times, that song as well, not even being intelligible.

>metal
>angst and edge
Nope. Sure the younger fanbase can seem like that (cuz puberty), and there are some misanthropes in the black metal world, but the music is far more based on a driving visceral intensity that leads to empowerment. Angst is more the industrial, no wave, hardcore punk, etc. that people love here. Angst is the shit in the /emo/ threads here. Angst is Dan Barrett going ONE TWO FUCK YOU! Not metal.

Most indie rock fans are too retarded and immature to be even considered pseudo-intellectuals though. These are people who defend their music by saying it's ''fun'' and think catchiness is all there is to music

>You're telling this compares at all to the melodramatic garbage that comes from Bon Iver?
i'm not even defending indie music bruh i'm just calling you out on being a fucking tard
>Also it's fucking great then that metal has never been about the lyrics
this is objectively incorrect. you're just like the indie fans that think music is all about "catchiness" and "muh feels" but instead it's "muh riffs" and "muh satan" and "muh pagan winters", metal fans are fucking retarded holy shit

>Nigga
>Pretending to be a negro on the internet

I just wanted to listen to music

Name an indie rock band that had the demand for shows in South America like Iron Maiden or Metallica.

Okay that may be an unfair comparison. Lets do music scenes.

Brazil - metal music

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=metal&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=Brazil&limit=none&countries=

Brazil - indie stuff

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=indie rock, indie pop, indie folk&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=Brazil&limit=none&countries=

All RYM ratings from Indian users

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=country&countries=India

Keep proving my point you assuming piece of garbage. I actually...it's quite a surprise considering how narrow minded some of you guys are, but...I listen to more than just metal! Wow!

>i'm not even defending indie music bruh i'm just calling you out on being a fucking tard
Idk, who's the tard, the person that misses the point by giving dumb examples like the goddamn lyrics? Or the person who's saying that lyrics are moot point to begin with considering we are here to talk about MUSIC.

>this is objectively incorrect.
Nope. There are metal bands that have everything from dumb shit to surprisingly eloquent stuff, but one can't or doesn't really make the attempt to understand what it exactly that's being said. This allows the listener to focus on the music itself, and how metal has gotten a fanbase that is surprisingly varied.

>muh riffs
The only one of those things fans as a whole care for, and the one that they should. Because shit, this is music, we should actually care for songwriting/composition, no?

>The only one of those things fans as a whole care for, and the one that they should. Because shit, this is music, we should actually care for songwriting/composition, no?
this is one of the most retarded things I've ever read in my entire life. you can't separate the lyrics from the "music" like that you stupid fuck, why do you think most metal bands take the time to PRINT THE LYRICS ALONG WITH THE MUSIC?

>you can't separate the lyrics from the "music" like that you stupid fuck
Why not? Lyrics, particularly in more extreme forms of metal, certainly aren't playing a big role in the music. Shit, have you ever listened to opera music? Most of that stuff's written in a language most people can't understand, yet most people can still appreciate the musicianship.

>why do you think most metal bands take the time to PRINT THE LYRICS ALONG WITH THE MUSIC?
Not all of them do. Those that do, do so more due to it being a trend within popular music to do so. A non-metal example of a band that also had to this is the krautrock band Amon Duul II, who would also just start having literal gibberish as lyrics instead of their more political stuff at one point to illustrate their point of music being a more universal language.

I swear every time I see a pic of him, no matter how many times I've seen the pic, there's always something new. Who is this guy? Does anyone have webm of him smoking weed in a power rangers shirt with anime sketches and Are We There Yet? on DVD hanging in the background?

>I enjoy hip hop

You just don't get it

>vape box shaped like frappacino coffee beverage

My actual hero. Who is he?

>Keeping it radical is the primary objective

instagram.com/p/9Fz8dtqQGa/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en

>I enjoy electro swing

>vape box
nigga it's called a bong

>thinking 'nigga' belongs to blacks anymore

t. Nu-male

God bless you

>thinking i was thinking about cultural appropiation
>not just that pretending to be someone of inferior intelect is retarded

A lot of metal heads take the music way to seriously. Metal is inherently pretty silly and nerdy, fucks sake it's mostly guys growling into a microphone.

instagram.com/p/vxSneDqQFt/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en

instagram.com/p/BHcxKFbhs0t/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en

instagram.com/p/q4_pXSqQC4/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en

instagram.com/p/qL49L2qQFY/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en

instagram.com/p/2-ZQG6qQES/?taken-by=ilikebumshaha&hl=en

The best meme

Holy shit this guy lives in my city

>why do you think most metal bands take the time to PRINT THE LYRICS ALONG WITH THE MUSIC?
I don't know. Why do Cocteau Twins print their lyrics along with their music, you bloody idiot?

yeah sure dude why don't you go pop off a few of those words in the hood eh? im sure you'll be fine

and then come back to complain about how they treated you for what you said

>i enjoy progressive power glam

This guy is a human too.
What do you boons say to that?

i already look worse

i'm not even fat btw

Its honestly really easy to lose weight, just eat less calories.

>come to Sup Forums for the first time ever
>first page first thread
>someone blindly shitting on someone else's taste of music which in itself is subjective
I set my expectations way too high

Leave while you still can

Bump

Only lurk and laugh at stupid people

Jesus christ

this guy must be doing some kind of high level performance art

no way can someone be this cringey of a person

>I enjoy kpop

Metal is literally Rap for white people. Edgy noise.

>tfw too intelligent to not listen metal

>there is someone living on God's green Earth who unironically believes this right now

That's what happens when impressionable teenagers come here and let their thoughts and feelings be influenced by shitposters.

>One is "Fuck the police!" and the other is "Fuck the government!"
>Someone in your neighborhood is blasting one of these at max volume 27/7.
>Undergaged fans.
>Fans who adapt a "culture" around it.
>Fans who think they are talented enough to start their own music career around it.
>Horrible fashion sense.
Not even music. Just pure noise.

1/10 bait, not even giving you a (you)

That's punk not metal

Same shit honestly. It's like saying goth, emo, and scene are different. It's the same faggotry.

>there is someone living on God's green Earth who unironically doesn't believe that right now
o i am laffin

But I don't live on God's green Earth I'm just an AI specifically designed to fool you into thinking that you're currently on a Malaysian harp kicking telepathic mind link

Checkmate christcucks

I'd say this guy is what i imagine regular reddit to look like, but i imagine nearly every nintendo fanboy in the same light as well.

>i've never listened to metal - the post
Thanks for the illuminating dialogue there buddy.